Where to hide guns?

Where to hide guns?

This is a discussion on Where to hide guns? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What are some good places in your house to hide guns if you wanted to keep somebody from finding them if they were to come ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Where to hide guns?

Where to hide guns?

What are some good places in your house to hide guns if you wanted to keep somebody from finding them if they were to come in for a search?a false wall in a closet?give me some ideas.thanks.sj
    tony1990 likes this.

Senior Moderator
    I hide mine in my safe.

Who you are hiding them from dictates where you hide them. From kids, smash and grab thieves, etc.....
    atctimmy and Rock and Glock like this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

VIP Member
    I use my safe too. If I had a hiding place in the house, the last thing in the world I would do is post it on the internet!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

If I had a hiding place in the house, the last thing in the world I would do is post it on the internet!
    +1!
    It’s so much easier now days, to "Love and honor" my wife, when she is armed, and shoots a better group than I do. (Till death do us part, eh?)

“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is, you point a gun at him,” the Sheriff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    I use my safe too. If I had a hiding place in the house, the last thing in the world I would do is post it on the internet!
    +1 Duh!
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

Every Criminal out there knows to look in your bedside drawer...

Long guns on hooks over doors inside closets,not to many people think about looking there,handguns can be hung underneath clothes on the hangers so unless they fondle clothing they won't feel them
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I like to pull the big magents out of old hard drives, superglue felt to them so they won't scratch the finish on my guns, and mount them in convenient locations. Use your imagination. Under desks, tables, back of a book case, wherever. This is a bad idea if there are small children around.

Peace,
    Pete Zaria.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
    - Margaret Mead

"Booger Hook Off the Bang Switch" - unknown

It's just me here so my gun is usually wherever I am in the house, at least in the same room. The only times it's EVER home when I'm not is the very few occasions I go out of state where I don't have a permit (my mothers in MA) or when I had to go to court (speeding ticket) once. All I will say is I have things in my house that look like things, but in fact are other things entirely (and good for storing all of my stuff I would never want confiscated/found in a Katrina-like fashion etc) The best hiding places are places where one would never look in the first place. *hint* There are 8 rooms in my house, and there are 10 HVAC ducts in my basement......

edited for horrible grammar.

I have two safes...in hidden places... I don't worry much when we leave the house.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I was thinking more along the lines of police or soldiers.

I knew An old man who had quite a collection of firearms. A couple of Lugers, old Colt single actions, old Winchesters, etc. He hid some under loose boards under the beds in the house. Some were behind false walls in the closets. False bottoms to dresser drawers (his dressers were antiques, solid wood). False backs to Kitchen Cabinets. Antique radio with hidden shelves(radioi was cabinet type).

My sister used to hide her Jewerly under the lining of her antique furniture.
    Once she hid her S&W .357 MAG, and forgot where she put it, She mentioned it to me and I asked her if she had looked where she put it last time she had talked to me. Shoved down the side of her TV chair, it was still there. My sister was real handy with carpentry work. She hid her Shottie above the front door behind a piece of sheetrock, all she had to do was push on the middle of the bottom and it would unlach and spring open (the springs lifted it up).

I have hidden Safes that were built in when my house was built (1907-1920)
    I still haven't found all of them. There is supposed to be a vault hidden in a wall but haven't found it yet, Don't want to rip all the walls out. I have lived here for 20 years and still looking. I suspect where it is but if I rip out walls I will have to put them back. I just do soundings . I need a good metal detector. They make gun cabinets that fit between studs on walls.

Hope this gives you some Ideas.

I don't think there is a place in the house where they will not be found if you are talking a search by professionals. With the technology available, if it's there, they will find it.

If you are envisioning a scenario where it is some kind of government operation, and they have a search warrant your best bet is to have them someplace else. The warrant specifies what they are looking for and where they are permitted to look. If they show up with a warrant to search your house and your yard, that does not mean they can search your neighbors house and yard.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

You really want to know? You want me to post it here? I'll see if I can find the thread...............................
    Now this was just a suggestion to a fellow member who was wanting a good alternative to a gun safe or other secure means from attempted burglary and such. Take it for what it's worth, but many will be reading this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    if I were you, I'd keep them in the attic in 30gal trash bags, rake some insulation from between the bar joists, lay them in between the joists and cover again with thin insulation...all of this way away from the access hatch, and if there's an attic light-remove the bulb.
    From this thread a while back: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...d-options.html

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Nobody ever reads these threads

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links