Not so friendly fellow CC'er encounter...

This is a discussion on Not so friendly fellow CC'er encounter... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sounds like the guy was a real jerk, who we'ld maybe better off if he wasn't carrying and putting a bad name out there for ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Not so friendly fellow CC'er encounter...

Sounds like the guy was a real jerk, who we'ld maybe better off if he wasn't carrying and putting a bad name out there for all of us.

I would have "thanked" you for letting me know. Then we could have discussed guns.

2. Remove Ads

I don't try to help anyone I don't personally know. MYOB. The right person will spot it soon enough.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I would have appreciated the heads up if I was printing, who knows what he was thinking. You should have just said real loud "For the last time no, I don't want to buy that gun from you!"
    Thanks,
    Rock

I guess everyone else has already stated my feelings on this

I would've wanted to know as well... One more thing, dont we all like Supra's
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Glock 19 (3rd Gen)
    DiamondBack DB9
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    NRA Life Member

Boss, I would have done the same thing. You were being friendly and helpfull. Had you said it to me, I would have thanked you and started a conversation on guns. I guess I'm just more laid back than that guy.
    God Bless America!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    No bad behavior from your end as described. On his end however... yikes. I fear that someone with a temper like that is someone who will cause a scene to make the rest of us look bad.

Yup!

Just out of curiosity, how old was this individual?

I just couldn't figure the guy out. I'm ALWAYS sincere and polite to ANYONE regardless of how they act in the INITIAL "meet" or first contact or whatever, it seems to calm down irate people, and make normal people even more relaxed/at ease with me. If it doesn't, then I try and take there attitude and give it back to them one step below what I'm getting (as to not instigate or escalate). Thanks for the car comments also. It was my dream car since I was 14 (the year when my car was made! and sadly the last year they ever made them)

Edit He was probably around 30. Looked to old for college but not an old timer yet. about 5' 11 170lbs

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    What a jerk. I think you did good. Maybe a little iffy on the permit thing, but other than that, pretty good.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

When I asked him about the permit I think in my head I just wanted to know if he even had one. He seemed like a strait cut guy that would have one, I don't really know why I asked. Maybe in my head I was just wondering how someone who was smart/law abiding enough to get a permit could leave the house looking like they vacuum sealed their shirt to there gun/body. If the lady he was with didn't know then she was a sheeple queen. But we all make mistakes and maybe this was his one "oops" tucked the shirt in too tight. Still doesn't warrent the rant I got though. Just wanted to vent it in here anyways. :)

What a jack arse.

I would've said, "Thanks man. Oh do you carry too?"
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

That's why I chose to say "you PRINTED". I've really only seen the term printed used in CC forums and with LEO, so I figured that by saying that he would know I was a friendly. Instead, he had no idea what I was talking about apparently.

If I'm not mistaken, in some states even if you have a permit, printing will arguably land you in hot water.
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

Yes I believe in CT you can be arrested for Breach of Peace (disturbing the peace) if you cause the general public any undue stress from a brandished or accidentally "flashed" weapon, gun or knife, even the Airsoft kids are getting popped for it for having games to close to the road and causing cars to fly right to police station to report kids walking down the road with automatic heavy weapons (my neighbors kids). I suppose if someone saw this guys vacuum sealed gun and freaked out, called the cops, screamed, ran away etc, the cops here would have a $hit fit.

If I were discretely told I was printing my reaction would be to thank you and try to rectify the situation. Of course, the conversation would have probably quickly turned to guns, etc.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links