Not so friendly fellow CC'er encounter...

This is a discussion on Not so friendly fellow CC'er encounter... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by retsupt99 I just said it a few minutes before...You can't fix stupid! What you mentioned to this guy was not out of ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Not so friendly fellow CC'er encounter...

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I just said it a few minutes before...You can't fix stupid!
    What you mentioned to this guy was not out of line.
    He sounds like he won't have a permit for a very long time with such a short fuse
    He appears to be an accident looking for a place to happen.

Stay armed...stay cool...stay safe!

+1 !

Nice car too!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

If you, or anybody for that matter, catches me "printing" I would like it discreetly brought to my attention.

I've been "printing" a little the past couple days, but that's because I'm using an OWB Paddle Holster and don't really care if I "print". Most days I do care.

This guy sounds like a jerk that won't have his permit for long.

Biker

Mr. Short Fuse cannot distinguish between friend and foe? He's going to have a rough time, in the future. That gun he's strapped on won't help.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

JRI
    Quote Originally Posted by svinfinity45 View Post
    I really wasn't even exaggerating the way he talked either...kind of like a gritted teeth pissed off thing. Now that I think about how the whole thing played out I think he was just offended and pissed at himself for printing and taking it out on me because I let him know, kind of like a shoot the messenger deal. But rightly said I really hope he doesn't screw up the reputation for the rest of us.
    I kind of doubt it. Oh, he was pissed alright but at you not himself. This guy sounds like the "expert" type that does not suffer correction well. It wasn't the fact of printing that pissed him off it was the fact that you noticed it and attempted to correct it.

VIP Member
    svinfinity45 Yes I believe in CT you can be arrested for Breach of Peace.

I also live in CT, I would be happy if You let me know. I would not want to get arrested and lose the permit.

It sounds like he didn't have a permit!

He stated he went to a class, but didn't own up to actually having the
    permit, did he? I think his loud reaction was he way of diverting the
    question.

The Second Amendment is NOT about hunting!

To be honest with you, it was really none of your business if he was printing or not. CT is a state in which it is legal to open carry with a permit. Case in point. I was standing at a Jack in the Box counter in Washington State with my .45 in a belt slide holster. A gentlemen behind me says, excuse me, shouldn't that be concealed? I just answered his question matter of factly, one word, "no". He says to me with, what I perceived as a condenscending tone, "Well I choose to carry mine concealed". I just remained silent at that.

How a person chooses to legally carry their gun is their business not yours. And I dare say it is really not your business to determine if they are carrying legally or not, it is only your business to determine if they are a threat to you.

Yes, his actions were totally out of line, I would have replied to you at first politely that I wasn't attempting to conceal. Then if you would have played holier than thou like I felt the guy did with me, I would have just ignored you.

Brandishing and disturbing the peace and all that is really only prosecutable if the gun leaves it's holster.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    If you, or anybody for that matter, catches me "printing" I would like it discreetly brought to my attention.

I've been "printing" a little the past couple days, but that's because I'm using an OWB Paddle Holster and don't really care if I "print". Most days I do care.

This guy sounds like a jerk that won't have his permit for long.

Biker
    You must be on court duty.

That's when I use to not care if I printed and wore a OWB paddle holster.

Now days the only time I use a Paddle holster is when I'm traveling, and it's easy to take the whole rig off when I get inthe car.

VIP Member
    Since you were already in a conversation with this guy, I may have asked " So what are you carrying"? I would not have asked about the permit.
    I saw a guy and his significant other at Walmart and this guy was printing like you said. His t-shirt looked like it was shrink wrapped around his gun. I didn't say anything because this guy and his woman HAD to know how bad it printed. I assume he dressed himself.
    It's the same with your encounter. It's not like the guy had on a loose shirt and it came up and exposed his gun. The guy got dressed and put on a tight shirt. Whos fault is that?
    I'm not going to tell a grown adult that purposely put on a tight shirt over their gun and walked out the door that he ( or she ) is printing. Let them learn the hard way. It would be different if he was accidentally printing.
    This guy was obviously a jerk.

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar
    That should be a madatory part of the training that you learn how to properly conceal a handgun and what the best options are. I am sure sooner or later he will experience a paradigm shift that causes him to see the error of his ways. Then again he may just be an idiot, people like that give us a bad rap and make the brady bunch happy.
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Springfield Armory Service XD 40
    Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
    Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
    Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special

In CT we had the guy at the Chillis that got in all kinds of trouble because someone saw his gun. This guy diserves to get nabed. A permit does not equal free pass. You still have to be smart.
    -Biker

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by svinfinity45 View Post
    Not really sure if maybe I should have just said nothing?
    No good turn goes unpunished. Don't let that discourage you from doing the right thing. That may be old school, but it's my creed.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

Quote Originally Posted by kentuckycarry View Post
    Since you were already in a conversation with this guy, I may have asked " So what are you carrying"? I would not have asked about the permit.
    I saw a guy and his significant other at Walmart and this guy was printing like you said. His t-shirt looked like it was shrink wrapped around his gun. I didn't say anything because this guy and his woman HAD to know how bad it printed. I assume he dressed himself.
    It's the same with your encounter. It's not like the guy had on a loose shirt and it came up and exposed his gun. The guy got dressed and put on a tight shirt. Whos fault is that?
    I'm not going to tell a grown adult that purposely put on a tight shirt over their gun and walked out the door that he ( or she ) is printing. Let them learn the hard way. It would be different if he was accidentally printing.
    This guy was obviously a jerk.
    I agree.
    There are those who WANT people to know they are carrying a gun. Juvenile wanna be's. Bad for our breed.

Quote Originally Posted by sarlady View Post
    If I were discretely told I was printing my reaction would be to thank you and try to rectify the situation. Of course, the conversation would have probably quickly turned to guns, etc.
    Right after I got over the embarassment of not being aware of my circumstances.
    This is the law;
    The purpose of fighting is to win.
    There is no possible victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental. - John Steinbeck

Yea thats a good point that he could have done it on purpose. Maybe he just grabbed his shirt and pulled it out after I told him just to make me happy? Not really sure. I live in the pretty small town and didn't recognize him and have never seen him before, guess he was just an out of towner. Did have CT plates though. Does anyone else have the habit of checking the plates of anyone coming toward you from their car or any car that looks suspicious thats near you when you walk away from your car in say a parking garage? I do it all the time I don't know why. By checking I mean checking what state, and remembering short term the plate numbers/letters.

Senior Member Array InspectorGadget's Avatar
    If it had been me I would have thanked you, corrected the problem, and then asked you what you carry.

BTW: This is why I want Open Carry in Florida, I try to stay concealed, but if I reach for something on a high shelf, getting out of my car and checking my shirt, just general wind blowing, I do not want charges for Brandishing because a Anti Gun Paranoid sees me.
    Colt 1911 New Agent, CTLaser

You do not work for them, they work for you.
    Senators http://senate.gov/general/contact_in...nators_cfm.cfm
    Congressmen http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links