Not so friendly fellow CC'er encounter...

This is a discussion on Not so friendly fellow CC'er encounter... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by svinfinity45 Don't want to hijack my own thread, but these last few posts bring up a good scenario...Say your at a gas ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Not so friendly fellow CC'er encounter...

Quote Originally Posted by svinfinity45 View Post
    Don't want to hijack my own thread, but these last few posts bring up a good scenario...Say your at a gas station as I was, and there is a situation your not (tisk tisk your SA) aware of right around the corner, and you see a person running and pulling a gun. What do you do? Draw and issue him commands? Turns out this guy is another CCW'er, coming to the rescue of this situation.
    If this hypothetical man running with a gun is not directly threatening myself or a loved one, and is not clearly shooting at innocents, then I would not put myself in such a precarious and almost certainly tragic position. I would immediately seek cover and continue to assess the situation, while dialing 911.

We can't possibly imagine all the possible scenarios that might occur. It could certainly be possible that one day you see a man running towards you with a gun, and you don't know if he's running at you or beyond you, and you have to make a snap decision. Unfortunately fate occasionally deals us those unlikely and unfortunate hands.

It's similar to those rare cases where LEOs bust in the door of the wrong house -- or the right house but with bogus intel -- and the law abiding homeowner draws their weapon thinking their home is being invaded. Now we have the situation of a scared and armed homeowner pointing/firing at armed LEOs. Action -> Reaction. Somebody is almost certainly going to get shot. It happened in Atlanta recently with a 90 year old lady, gunned down by police serving a "no knock" warrant after a bogus tip from an informant that claimed to buy drugs at the same house. The lady, living in a high crime area, kept a gun for protection and used it. Unfortunately she lost her life as a result. To make matters worse, several officers conspired to cover up the facts of the case.
    David

Kimber Pro CDP II Colt Combat Commander Glock 26 GNS Ruger Mark III 22/45 Kahr CW9 (sold)

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ccman View Post
    svinfinity45.

What part of CT are You. I am North of Danbury. CCMAN.
    Im in the Region 10 area. Burlington/Harwinton/Torrington area.

What ranges do you usually go to?

I took my defensive Pistol and Tactical Pistol class down at the Bridgeport Shooting Range with Brian Williams.

Now just waiting for Hoffman's Range to open since its only 15 minutes away.

Dmorris you are right, there are countless situations we could make up and its kind of pointless to do so, I just mentioned that one because it's kind of a general GG vs. GG one. I heard about and watched videos on YouTube about that poor lady and that incident. It is sad.

VIP Member
    What ranges do you usually go to?

Shooters in New Milford on R-7.(It used to be Breitling's).

I took the course for the UT permit in Bridgeport. Nice People there.

I was over at Hoffmans about a month or so ago. It looks good, maybe if You buy a gun there they may give You some range time to shoot it.

Yea I think I'm going use them as my next FFL so I can shoot my next SV right when I get it.

VIP Member
    That sounds like a good idea. I picked up a few toys there and their prices are pretty good.

Yea there actually the best I've seen in a long time around here at least. They have Glocks for $499 right now. I think it's a everyday special. And I think it's great that they have a range now so you can "try before you buy". Only place to do that before was Wolf's range, but there selection is VERY limited. Hoffman's new store is like a big Dicks but with guns only lol.

Some people are just rotten their whole lives.

You did great Sir!!! Way to control the situation....Killing him with kindness...

Said best to me a long time ago, "YOU JUST CAN'T FIX STUPID" You tried to let the guy know, and he took it as a full frontal attack. Just chalk it up in the clown category and if ever presented with the same situation do the same thing. Most of us would want to know. To me it's like letting someone know their zipper is down and you get the "why are you looking there" answer instead of OH I'm sorry thanks for letting me know.

Just my take.

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    It's because of people like that guy that so many people become hesitant to help out others.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links