Not so friendly fellow CC'er encounter...

This is a discussion on Not so friendly fellow CC'er encounter... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Last night I was at the local Cumbies getting gas and milk like every monday, and I had a less than friendly encounter. I was ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Not so friendly fellow CC'er encounter...

Last night I was at the local Cumbies getting gas and milk like every monday, and I had a less than friendly encounter. I was driving my pleasure vehicle which usually gets a bit of attention at gas stations and such, and a man and his signif. other (I believe) walked up and started asking some questions about it. I did a walk around with the guy answering any questions he had...and while he walked in front of me he printed REALLY bad, kind of looked like a gun in one of those food-saver bags, I could almost make out the safety and mag release...I was a bit surprised at first and I just calmly said "hey man your printing". He looked at me with confusion and said " I what?" and I told him he printed, and that I could see the outline of his pistol, and asked when he got his permit, kind of as a passive way to see if he even had one, without being hostile about it, because he seemed like a pretty strait edge gentleman. After that, I got "WHY were you even LOOKING for a GUN do I LOOK like some PUNK?" to which I responded "no sir, I just noticed and thought I should tell you before someone who wouldn't understand saw and they might have called the police or caused a scene, thats why I was quietly letting you know, but now you just yelled the word gun..." so he ranted for a minute about how I shouldn't have even mentioned it to him at all, that he took that class to get his permit and that I didn't know a thing about carrying guns, to which I really just wanted to lift my shirt and let him know I know enough to carry a 5" wide body 1911, but I refrained not knowing what kind of brandishing or threatening the guy might have taken it as. So after that I just said "sorry sir I wasn't trying to belittle you or anything, just thought it could have been a slip up" to which the reply came "I DONT SLIP UP, HONEY LETS GO"...and with that he yanked at his shirt to billow it out around his waist and 180'd and went in the store.

Not really sure if maybe I should have just said nothing? I said it discreetly so not even the woman he was with heard me, and he chose to make it into a loud ordeal. I wasn't even talking with a condescending tone or anything. If someone ever DISCREETLY let me know I was printing badly, I would thank them and maybe ask what they carry or something along those lines, not yell at them and get all pissy about it! I thought maybe he was just having a bad day but he was golden when talking about my car. I think either one he didn't even have a permit and thought I was calling him out for some reason (paranoia) or he thought I was calling him a inept CC'er?

No idea, just thought id share the story.....on that note, anyone ever saw a bad print or similar and let the guy/girl know? Or ever been givin a hint that YOU were the one printing/showing?

A fool like that deserves an encounter with police.

Of course, then he'll just get on the forums and whine about it.

Lead Moderator
    You did fine, sounds like the idiot has no clue on how he should conceal his weapon. You were trying to be helpful and he couldn't take the criticism (which was due).
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

the only thing I can say is this, I hope he never runs into any bad situations cuz I don't think his temper or short fuse is going to help him if he was to come across a bad situation.

I would take the advice of a fellow CC'er with a smile and thank them.

Regards,
    Read my story.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ed-1994-a.html

Pictures in page 5 & 6

No bad behavior from your end as described. On his end however... yikes. I fear that someone with a temper like that is someone who will cause a scene to make the rest of us look bad.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

VIP Member
    Good try, though you can only help those, that want to help themselves.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Like Rocky said, you were trying to help the guy out to prevent possible problems, and I think you did it in a fine way. He is the knucklehead. And no, you don't want to prove to that guy you know how to conceal, that might come across to someone across the parking lot that sees this man yelling at you (where they can't see his gun) and then see you lift up your shirt to show a gun. From across the lot it seems like you are the aggressor and need the Cops called on you.

Just do as you did and try to explain your intent and then drop the subject.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Sounds like he's the kinda guy is gonna end up as defendant with that kinda attitude
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Administrator
    So, what kind of car is it?
    "Just blame Sixto"

I really wasn't even exaggerating the way he talked either...kind of like a gritted teeth pissed off thing. Now that I think about how the whole thing played out I think he was just offended and pissed at himself for printing and taking it out on me because I let him know, kind of like a shoot the messenger deal. But rightly said I really hope he doesn't screw up the reputation for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    So, what kind of car is it?
    my baby the 1998 Toyota Supra. Not really an exotic but I think theres only 4 or 5 in my little state of CT so when someone see's one its an event around here, especially if they are from my "fast and the furious" generation.

I have also seen what you've described, it's bad and a tough call to make. Think you're being helpful want to protect the good name of CC-ing and your efforts aren't appreciated. In this case I would probably have done what you did. After all you didn't just call him out on it, you did have a friendly conversation with him about your rig. Some people are just looking for a chance to be offended. Cling-On

I just said it a few minutes before...You can't fix stupid!
    What you mentioned to this guy was not out of line.
    He sounds like he won't have a permit for a very long time with such a short fuse
    He appears to be an accident looking for a place to happen.

Stay armed...stay cool...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by svinfinity45 View Post
    my baby the 1998 Toyota Supra. Not really an exotic but I think theres only 4 or 5 in my little state of CT so when someone see's one its an event around here, especially if they are from my "fast and the furious" generation.
    Nice, Supra's are great cars. There is one near me, but the owner just lets it sit in a lot... breaks my heart.

Sorry for the 'jack, continue on...
    "Just blame Sixto"

Don't be offended by what I am going to say. You did right in letting him know he was printing. But I wouldn't have asked when he got his carry permit. Its really non of our business when someone else got their permit or even if they have one. The question also implies that maybe he doesn't know what he is doing. I think he took that as an insult and not the warning that he is printing. As a fellow carrier I would be grateful that you point out when I am printing but I think you would cross the line if you ask me if I have a permit or when I got my permit. Unless you are a LEO its non of your business. Having said that I think he is an idiot for taking it to such a level. Keeping a level head is one of the things I would hope all CCrs have in common.
    Last edited by henryher; October 7th, 2008 at 07:57 PM. Reason: adding comment
    "Government is not reason and it is not eloquence. It is force! Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action."

George Washington

Yea I was thinking about that too and I agree I shouldn't have asked him when he got it, kind of like asking if you got your drivers license from a crackerjack box, but I did ask with a LOT of sincerity, but you do have a point. and point taken. Thanks for the input!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links