Impending Crime increase

This is a discussion on Impending Crime increase within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Given the financial situation and historical reaction to such "downturns," and increasing unemployment it seems rather probable that we will see a significant increase in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Impending Crime increase

Impending Crime increase

Given the financial situation and historical reaction to such "downturns," and increasing unemployment it seems rather probable that we will see a significant increase in crime.

Discussing this with the wife tonight she said, "Maybe I should start carrying."

I cannot describe what a massive breakthrough this is.
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

2. Remove Ads

I couldn't agree with you more. People are going to become more and more desperate. We need to be even more vigilant to protect our families. I fear that this is just the beginning. Come November things could potentially snowball into a larger crisis than we had anticipated.

Hold onto your guns everyone...and keep an eye out.
    Sejune
    Glock 30 .45
    Springfield XD 9

Watch Six

Quote Originally Posted by Sejune View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more. People are going to become more and more desperate. We need to be even more vigilant to protect our families. I fear that this is just the beginning. Come November things could potentially snowball into a larger crisis than we had anticipated.

Hold onto your guns everyone...and keep an eye out.

Exactly my fear as well
    Kimber Ultra Carry 2
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    Kahr PM45, Glock 19 (3rd Gen) & DiamondBack DB9
    NRA Life Member

Congratulations, my wife is a Brooklynite that is not against guns but would prefer that I do not have any. She tolerates my love for guns and understands that living in the Florida booneys on 10 acress surrounded by nothing but woods having an uninvited caller would leave us unprotected and with no one to hear us call out. The first time I had to call the Sheriff's office because of a possible intruder it took them 35 minutes to get here. When the deputy arrived the guy was long gone. The deputy asked if I had a gun. At that time I didn't, that was about 17 years ago. He said I should get a gun and a large dog. I felt so vulnerable. The guy tried to come in through the back door and we heard him. He ran and got under my car port. I did not have a gun so I took a butcher knife and put my wife and kids in a closet. Then I called 911 and waited with my knife in hand in front of the closet. I was shaking but I knew that if he came inside the only way to get to my family was to kill me because I would have used that knife without remorse to protect my family. After that I got a shot gun. Now I have my doberman and my guns. We have not had any more problems since. But I don't doubt we will begin to see more and more crackheads coming to the rural areas looking to supplement their addiction as unemployment hits the town. Poor slobs, I don't know any one in my community that doesn't have at least one gun and a large dog.

I have an older neighbor that is retired military. We saw each other when I was mailing a package to my son in Iraq. He told me he is gearing up with weapons to defend his home. I asked him if he is afraid we will be invaded by an outside force and he said, no. He is afraid that we will be defending our homes and possesions from local thugs that will be looking to take what others have when their supplies run low. That was about three months ago. I have to ask him what crystal ball he has been looking into.
    Last edited by henryher; October 7th, 2008 at 07:58 PM. Reason: adding sentence
    "Government is not reason and it is not eloquence. It is force! Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action."

George Washington

Theft is already increasing (according to local cops)...quickly! People seem to be stealing anything not nailed down...or if it's metal removing the nails and stealing the item and the nails...

Stay armed...keep both eyes open...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Congratulations on your breakthrough. I'm still working on my wife. A few more news reports close to home and I may just be reporting my wife and I made a trip to the Sheriff's office.

My wife just started to CC, we have had that very same discussion about hard times and increased crime. Don't see it getting better any time soon.

Burglaries are already up in Vegas.
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

Increase in Crime

My wife has always accepted my passion for firearms and has finally come to realize we need to be prepared. (We were already prepared, she just didn't see it.) She actually purchased items like water purification, ammo, "go bags", etc.
    We have been very lucky. We have had only one knuckle head try to break in and he saw the working end of my 1911. He was maybe 16 and ran so fast, I checked to see if he left his shoes. The deputy that was dispatched to our house said if the guy tried it again, may God have mercy on him. LOL.
    Seriously, everyone should be prepared. Whether it is for a natural disaster (must have 2 weeks of food and 3 weeks worth of ammo ) or to protect one's home and family from scumbags.
    Law Enforcement cannot be everywhere at once. I know: been there, done that. I felt helpless at times because I had to be more reactive than proactive due to crime on the installation.
    We as citizens can be prepared and help others be prepared as well. My friend and I are sharing our ideas and knowledge with our other friends to help them prepare as well.
    A buddy of mine complained about buying survival food, water and extra ammo. My reply to him was: "Think of it this way, if nothing happens, you have food for your annual camping trip and plenty of practice ammo."

Are there threads regarding being prepared for various situations??
    If not, it wouldn't be a bad idea to post ideas and plans for such.
    What do you say???

My wife has the CCP, but doesn't think she needs to carry. Any idea what I could do to change that mind set?

Quote Originally Posted by puncho View Post
    My wife has the CCP, but doesn't think she needs to carry. Any idea what I could do to change that mind set?
    There's a couple of real and terrifying 911 calls on Youtube. I never played them for my wife because I really didn't want to scare the holy hell out of her. But that would certainly do it. You can search for just 911 calls, but for a particularly harrowing one, search for "Ruth Price 911 call"

Another one, where the woman was armed with a gun lent to her by a friend the very same day she made the call (and with a very different outcome) you can find by searching "911 call ryan bergner".
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPR View Post
    Given the financial situation and historical reaction to such "downturns," and increasing unemployment it seems rather probable that we will see a significant increase in crime.

Discussing this with the wife tonight she said, "Maybe I should start carrying."

I cannot describe what a massive breakthrough this is.
    It kind of bitter sweet isn't it...

I've been thinking about making a few changes around here to prep for a few years of a rough economy, but I haven't acted on anything yet. I think I'll wait and see how the election goes.
    "Just blame Sixto"

It does seem rather imminent. I seem to realize an increase already just reading the daily headlines, and to add to that, the projected outcome of the presidential election. Utility costs increases with winter fast approaching, folks on edge and some backed into a corner. The unpredictable may seemingly be pushed to their limits and react irrationally due to the drastically changing environment. Add to that the holidays are fast approaching, and for many, this is already a rather depressing time of the year. Trials and tribulations are just around the corner for everyone. I'll be praying more in the days ahead......for a lot of things and not just myself and family.

Yes I agree with the hypothesis that crime will be increasing. This is why I recently decided to become an armed citizen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links