Orange County Sheriff taking away hundreds of CCWs

This is a discussion on Orange County Sheriff taking away hundreds of CCWs within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Please follow the link and comment. Thanks! News: Sheriff begins taking away concealed weapons permits | permits, carona, concealed, county, department - OCRegister.com...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Orange County Sheriff taking away hundreds of CCWs

Orange County Sheriff taking away hundreds of CCWs

2. Remove Ads

The Department has determined that your identified risk does not meet the good cause threshold
    Um, do they read the papers or watch the news in the OC? I have been to the OC many times, it ain't all pretty rich houses!

This is just nuts, plain and simple. But then again, why is CA like a bowl of cereal?
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

Good old fashioned stupidity is what is seems here. Personal protection, defense of life and limb, seems more than reasonable enough to me. It's almost like the sherriff's dept wants to make more business opportunities for criminals. I just don't get it at all.
    "Fear is nothing more than an emotional response to the perception of danger coupled with the belief that I can't handle it."
    "If you change that belief to 'I can handle it', you'll no longer experience FEAR. You'll simply see what you are facing is a challenge... an opportunity to test yourself.

I recall living in Orange Co. for 5 years. Although at that time I had a great job, the best thing I ever did was move back to the Midwest.

No offense Dan M. ...

Dan, as a member of your forum (CalCCW), but not a California resident, I have commented on this outrage numerous times. But I feel that the members of this forum should also be aware of the following:
    • Sheriff Hutchens was appointed to fill the remainder of the term of the Sheriff who was elected by the citizens of Orange County, CA. She was not elected.
    • Sheriff Hutchens was retired from the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office, where issuance of CCWs is almost non-existent except for the rich and celebrities.
    • Sheriff Hutchens, when interviewed by the press prior to her appointment, told the media that she didn't see much change to the [then] current issuance policy but she might tighten it up a bit. She also told a similar lie to the Orange County Board of Supervisors during her formal interviews for the position.
    • As soon as she accepted the appointment, Sheriff Hutchens started her attack on CCW holders. She has attempted to 'paint' all Orange County CCW holders as 'cronies' of the previous Sheriff when it can be proven that more than 90% of current CCW holders have never met the previous Sheriff or contributed to his campaign.
    • The citizens whose CCWs are being revoked are not being refunded the fees and costs (not even on a pro-rated basis).

My heart really goes out to the CCW holders of OC. These folks have been model [CCW] citizens; there has never been so much as a hint of an incident among the whole bunch yet, on a whim, the new sheriff is denying new CCWs, revoking current and denying renewals of current CCWs.
    Last edited by KenInColo; October 10th, 2008 at 03:51 PM.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

Sooooo glad I don't live in Kalifornia anymore. Best thing I ever did was to move.

Back in the 70's and 80's prior to the issuance of a statewide CCL here in Florida which took away local authority Florida had the same system.

I can remember that when a new Sheriff took office, it was always iffy until the first meet and greet.

So glad I don't live in one of those states that still relies upon that system.

Not quite, TNS0038. In Florida the licenses were issued soley by the County Commission..........and they TRIED to treat the issuance as descretionary until an old fellow in Sarasota challenged that commission and the Florida Supreme Ct. ruled that the issuance was a "ministerial duty". and that they HAD to give the license unless cause was found to do otherwise.............of course, prior to '87 that license was good only in the County wherein it was issued.

But you're right, give those sort of powers to petty Gov't officials and permit them to make a call, and you can bet the call won't be in your favor.

Is there anything that can be done about this? Protests? Demonstrations? Letter writing?

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    California and Illinois are two states I just as soon avoid. US Constitution doesn't seem to carry much weight in either state.
    NRA Life Member

She sounds like a real smart one. That's it, take away the ccw permits of a law abiding citizens...what a dummy.

Outrageous possibly coming to a county near you? Can someone say "Obama"

Quote Originally Posted by ruertar View Post
    Is there anything that can be done about this? Protests? Demonstrations? Letter writing?
    Go to Announcements for Orange County - CalCCW and ask how you can help. Letter writing to the county board of supervisors is one way (links provided at calccw.com). Thanks!

Does this surprise anyone? Really? Cali, institutionally has made it very clear: citizens are corralled by the law, and are expected to contribute their taxes. A few hundred "honest" citizens are willingly sacrificed so as to maintain control by the state.

By all means, protest, but until the issue is taken to a Circuit Court, OC residents will be SOL...

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Get used to it if Obama gets elected. I am sure all the bleeding-heart libs will not sleep until every backhanded method of revocation has been exploited. First it's Kalifornia and then it's your state. These things work on a domino principal based on precedent.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links