Water Management Area

Water Management Area

This is a discussion on Water Management Area within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Can I carry in a Water maangement area? I live in Bay County Fl, and we like to ride our horses in the water management ...

Water Management Area

Can I carry in a Water maangement area? I live in Bay County Fl, and we like to ride our horses in the water management area north of Deer Point Lake... Is it legal to carry in the WMA?

I guess I should add, As I read it:

790.06 (12) License to Carry Concealed Weapon or Firearm

Any place of nuisance as defined in s. 823.05
    any police, sheriff, or highway patrol station;
    any detention facility, prison, or jail;
    any courthouse; any courtroom, except that nothing in this section would preclude a judge from carrying a concealed weapon or determining who will carry a concealed weapon in his or her courtroom;
    any polling place;
    any meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special district;
    any meeting of the Legislature or a committee thereof;
    any school, college, or professional athletic event not related to firearms;
    any school administration building;
    any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose;
    any elementary or secondary school facility;
    any area vocational-technical center;
    any college or university facility unless the licensee is a registered student, employee, or faculty member of such college or university and the weapon is a stun gun or nonlethal electric weapon or device designed solely for defensive purposes and the weapon does not fire a dart or projectile;
    inside the passenger terminal and sterile area of any airport, provided that no person shall be prohibited from carrying any legal firearm into the terminal, which firearm is encased for shipment for purposes of checking such firearm as baggage to be lawfully transported on any aircraft; or
    any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law
    Florida Statute 823.05 defines a place of nuisance as a "place which tends to annoy the community or injure the health of the community...or any house or place of prostitution, assignation, lewdness or place or building where games of chance are engaged in violation of law or any place where any law of the state is violated."

So as I read it, I should be good to go. I know Florida now allows CCW in state parks and Wildlife Management Areas....

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    I dont know what a Water Management Area is, but, where I come from, WMA stands for Wildlife Management Area and those are legal to carry in. If you're hunting, you need a hunting license.

_
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Not Hunting, just want to be legal when we horseback ride. It is a water management area, the area drains into Deerpoint Lake, which provides the drinking water for the local area. They manage the lakes and streams that go into this lake. We cannot ride the horses in the ponds because they filter into Deerpoint...

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    I looked, but I couldn't find anything saying that you couldn't. I know that you can't hunt without a hunting license. Just keep it concealed. Is there a number you can call?
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

I'm no attorney, so take this for what it's worth.

I would think that it falls into the same category as a Wild Life Management, or State of Florida Parks, and we are allowed to carry there, so I have been carrying in Water Management property, or any other state managed park, and or preserve.

Like you I also looked and can on find where it says we can not.

The main reason for my wife to get her CCW was for when she is out horseback riding by herself... We have met some strange individuals out there. We ride alot on the water management area.

I have a good friend that has expressed an interent in getting his CCW, and like us, he rides in the WMA.

Water Management Areas can encompass huge areas, including subdivisions...I could not believe such areas could require gun restrictions...OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links