Continued Right To Carry Concealed - Page 2

Continued Right To Carry Concealed

This is a discussion on Continued Right To Carry Concealed within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SelfDefense The Federal government is not involved with state issued carry permits. During the anti-gun Clinton administraion we witnessed more and more ...

View Poll Results: Continued Right To Carry Concealed

Voters
224. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

191 85.27%
  • No

33 14.73%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    The Federal government is not involved with state issued carry permits.

During the anti-gun Clinton administraion we witnessed more and more states implement gun friendly laws including concealed carry and 'castle doctrine' laws. I expect that trend to continue no matter who is elected president.
    100% accurate, right to carry is state's rights. regardless of who is in presidential office, nothing will change. You need to look at your own state's government when wondering what carry rights are in jeopardy.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_1 View Post
    Do you feel that your right to carry concealed could be in jeopardy depending on the out come of this Presidential Election?
    No. Your initial post vs your poll is not in alignment - or rather, the poll is poorly phrased.

But Hussein would have to have a God complex & authority to take away concealed carry.

Do I think bans will once again spring up? Yep.

The Federal government is not involved with state issued carry permits.

During the anti-gun Clinton administraion we witnessed more and more states implement gun friendly laws including concealed carry and 'castle doctrine' laws. I expect that trend to continue no matter who is elected president.
    The feds would never umm say threaten to withold funds if the states refused to pass laws or restrictions that the federal government wanted?

Michael

I think those who voted no are whistling in the graveyard. Look what Obama and the Illinois left accomplished there. Now picture an Obama President a left wing house a left wing Senate and a left wing court.

The Congress will pass all sorts of gun restriction laws and the court will find them valid.

Obama has already said he wants to ban semi-automatic weapons.

Now granted, as others have said, it won't be all at once. They will raise the price of ammo, powder, reloading equipment etc. They will ban those horrible assault weapons then define more and more guns as assault weapons. The will promotes tagging and a zillion other things that while perhaps not directly called banning will make all but the rich unable to afford continuing to shoot.

You can count on it.

I think if Obama wins things are going to get ugly and not just with our weapons. He will turn good law abiding Americans who hold dearly the human right to defend themselves into criminals. Cling to the bitter end!

Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    I think right to carry is somewhat in jeopardy, but Obama won't push it right out of the gate. It would be political suicide. I think he'll go after "assault weapons" first.

You also must remember, he can't sign anything if congress doesn't pass it. That could be our ace in the hole.
    "we're not after your hunting shotguns here, we just dont want people walking around with ak47's"

- Barack Hussien Obama, about a month ago at a rally.

Its real. Its here. theres about a %85 chance he WILL be our next president, and frankly a %100 chance that he will side with Joe Biden in establishing another Assault weapons ban, perhaps one that expires 10 years from now...
    or 20...
    or never...
    next step will be high cap handguns...
    then handguns with a barrel less than 6"...
    then all handguns..
    then semi-auto rifles...
    and eventually, even the bolt-action rifles and shotguns will become too much power for an ordinary citizen to posses.

Its coming. Its not alarmism, its not paranoia, IT IS coming.

VOTE NOW
    VOTE OFTEN
    JOIN THE NRA and CONTRIBUTE. They are our greatest line of defense to stop this from happening. JOIN NOW PLEASE.

I dont want to have to tell my children about a beautiful S&W Revolver I once had...

Quote Originally Posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
    I don't think the presidency will have a whole lot to do with it directly, but the judges he appoints could. I think we'll have a lot of other things to worry about should "you know who" be elected as well.
    Look at the facts:

1)Obama does not recognize the 2nd amendment. He believes guns to be a talisman of the poor and ignorant.

2)Biden was one of the Co-creators of the 1ST national assault weapon ban.

3)Nancy Pelosi will do ANYTHING ANYTHING ANYTHING that her party wishes done. She has already shown herself to be Anti-gun.

4)The Democrats WILL control the White House, the majority in Congress, AND when the two Justices retire as expected during Obama's term, he will appoint two of the most liberal, biased, pro-democrat people he can find. THAT GIVES THE DEMOCRATS THE MAJORITY IN THE SUPREME COURT!!!

Within the next 4 years it is MORE than possible to see some of the most liberal Democrats in control of ALL THREE BRANCHES OF GOVERNMENT!!! They could pass ANY LAW THEY WANTED.... ANY!!!

I get heartburn every time I think about it... we are in essence on the verge of have a 1-party political system.. and its not our party.. or even one that likes or can tolerate us and our "Bitter" kind..

Call me an alarmist.. but to me the facts speak for themselves.. it IS coming.
    We are only as vulnerable as we are naive.

OBAMA/anti-CCW

A Democratic House and Senate will have plenty of willing Congressmen eager to do Obama's bidding.

We can expect a new ASB (a campaign promise, I believe) within the fist year. They'll probably throw in a sentence or two curtailing State CCW powers with administrative restrictions and red tape. And he'll call it "Common Sense gun Control". Ha.

The anti-gunners will always find time to do Obama's bidding!

Obamarama and guns

I voted yes primarily because even thought concealed carry is a states right issue, the Feds can make it so tough on the state government that it is almost impossible for the state to win. Taxes not only on ammo but on firearms, holsters, and the like. They can also pass interstate laws making reciprocity moot.

Obama is a typical left wing nut case who thinks that the average person is stupid and cannot make decisions for him or herself. I wish I lived in Chicago where I could vote as many times as I wanted - dead or alive.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    Don't forget...one of the candidates is a man who truly loves this country...the other is a citizen of the world.
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

As we all know one of these candidates vexingly stated that middle America only "cling to God and Guns". If he feels this way now you can only imaging what he would do if he had the power of the presidency.
    NRA Member

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimz13 View Post
    Call me an alarmist.. but to me the facts speak for themselves.. it IS coming.
    You are an alarmist.

Seriously, I find most of the posts in this thread to be disturbing. I can now understand why the antis think of gun owners as paranoid alarmists. Consider the AWB. Yes, it is probably wrong headed. But it was not the precursor for gun confiscation. In fact, during the AWB, our rights as gun owners actually increased.

The recent Heller decision has caused the District to revamp their unconsttutional gun control laws. Even Obama, though he may want to ban guns, understands that it is not within the powers of the President to do so.

1)Obama does not recognize the 2nd amendment. He believes guns to be a talisman of the poor and ignorant.
    The Second Amendment will not be repealed. The states have no prohibition against enacting legslation to ban guns but the Federal goverment does. It makes no difference what Obama personally believes.

2)Biden was one of the Co-creators of the 1ST national assault weapon ban.
    And the Congress voted to temporarily ban those weapons. The sky did not fall.

3)Nancy Pelosi will do ANYTHING ANYTHING ANYTHING that her party wishes done. She has already shown herself to be Anti-gun.
    Again, it makes no difference. The Congress cannot dictate to the states in the area of firearm carry laws. It sure seems that gun owners are a frightened bunch. This is not 1930s Germany. This is the United States of America, governed by a Constitution, that might have people who think unfavorably of guns in leadership positions. That does not give them special powers. If the Constitution is amended by the specific procedure outlined in said docuent then it will be obvious we have not presented our case in a convincing manner. Crying wolf does not help our cause.

4)The Democrats WILL control the White House, the majority in Congress, AND when the two Justices retire as expected during Obama's term, he will appoint two of the most liberal, biased, pro-democrat people he can find. THAT GIVES THE DEMOCRATS THE MAJORITY IN THE SUPREME COURT!!!
    Calm down. No need for CAPITAL LETTERS. The next President will probably appoint two new Justices. But they will replace Justices who are already ultra liberal. The makeup of the Court wil not change.

Further, the Court has already weighed in on the Second Amendment. They will not address the issue again no less overturn the decision. And, the fact is that all nine Justices were in agreement that the Second Amendment defined protection of an indivdual right.

Hysteria does not help in convincing our neighbors that owning and carrying guns is a means of self protection and crime deterrence. It only makes us seem like out of control radicals.

Within the next 4 years it is MORE than possible to see some of the most liberal Democrats in control of ALL THREE BRANCHES OF GOVERNMENT!!! They could pass ANY LAW THEY WANTED.... ANY!!!
    Sure, sure...any law... The government is the people, responsible to the people, elected by the people. Gun owners are a majority in the United States. Our voices are heard and as long as we maintain a rational argument then our ideas and arguments will not be summarily dismissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    I think right to carry is somewhat in jeopardy, but Obama won't push it right out of the gate. It would be political suicide. I think he'll go after "assault weapons" first.

You also must remember, he can't sign anything if congress doesn't pass it. That could be our ace in the hole.
    I agree.He tries a stunt like that and he will guarantee him and his party out of power.
    However, if he or others like him keep getting elected to the White House and Congress, that may be a different story. But the SCOTUS ruling sort of takes the steam out of a Federal bill banning CC. Assault weapons they may try for again, even though it hasn't made a difference in the crime rate.
    If Obama had his way, he WOULD ban CC. But, he'd be very stupid to do so.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

You are an alarmist.
    The next President will probably appoint two new Justices. But they will replace Justices who are already ultra liberal. The makeup of the Court wil not change.
    I was not aware of this. Thank you for sharing.

Hysteria does not help in convincing our neighbors that owning and carrying guns is a means of self protection and crime deterrence. It only makes us seem like out of control radicals.
    I whole heartedly agreed. I would point out that I would not, obviously, behave like this anywhere but here, around people who share some of my beliefs. My object with that post was to galvanize fellow pro-gunners into considering the potential consequences of the upcoming shift in power. Not to cause a panic. I apologize if anyone feels i was over-zealous.. ....or just plain stupid.

That said however, I'm not so stupid to think that the day Obama is signed into office he's going to burn the bill of rights on national TV. Obama & Co will not ignore due political process, but if theres one thing i've learned its that politicians will always find a way. I dont think gun registration will happen overnight, or even during obama's term. But I do think he will take steps in that direction. I think he will add stones the foundation. Possibly big stones.

You can boil a frog alive without him jumping out the pot if you up the temperature bit by bit. Slow enough that he doesn't notice the change in temperature. (Science channel factoid) I think it will be much the same way with us.

I think that we will lose our rights in baby steps. Step by step by step as the years pass. I think the only way it could happen is gradually. Slowly so that the people dont really notice.

Did i freak out? Yeah a bit.
    Was I dramatic? Yes
    Did I exaggerate? Yeah probably.
    Was I wrong? No. I honestly dont think so.

Again I apologize for flying off the handle.. but I honestly dont understand why more people don't understand whats happening here..
    We are only as vulnerable as we are naive.

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    YouTube - NRA: The Clinton Gun Ban Story

Good video here :) It may go down the same way with Obama if he gets in.

I vote yes because I'm old enough to know what the government CAN do.
    There are some people here who don't have a clue how things work in government. For example there are a couple of responders who foolishly believe it doesn't matter what the president or the US gov't does because of states rights! This whole country and every rule and law in it MUST conform to the US constitution. The president appoints supreme court justices, with senate confirmation. If they rule the 2nd amendment doesnt mean what we want it to mean, you can kiss your right to carry goodbye. And that came close to happening with Heller recently. A 5-4 vote! If Obama gets in, He WILL be appointing at least one or two new justices in his first term, and a democrat congress ain't gonna buck his choice. Never forget, polls show that over 70% of all americans want "assault weapons" banned. You may be surprised what their definition is.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links