Continued Right To Carry Concealed - Page 3

Continued Right To Carry Concealed

This is a discussion on Continued Right To Carry Concealed within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Obama will bring in liberal activist judges. They will create laws from the bench, and the SCOTUS will be a major casualty. Imagine two more ...

View Poll Results: Continued Right To Carry Concealed

Voters
224. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

191 85.27%
  • No

33 14.73%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

It's about the judges !

Obama will bring in liberal activist judges. They will create laws from the bench, and the SCOTUS will be a major casualty. Imagine two more Ginsburg's. What a nightmare.

Yep, I am worried about our right to carry being taken away. But, the bad part is, I am just as worried if McCain wins as I am if Obama wins.

McCain has not exactly been the best friend gun owners have had in congress and he isn't exactly what I would call a Conservative.

So I think we have the chance to be in trouble either way.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

If Hussein gets elected with a strong democratic congress they will sign the UN’s world arms control treaty to override the 2nd amendment and disarm all America. George Soros founded his International Action Network on Small Arms (IANSA) for this purpose. He appointed Rebecca Peters, the Australian most responsible for their gun control, to head it up and has been backing Obama because of his revolutionary beliefs and past associations with revolutionary organizations. When Obama stood up in Germany and declared himself a “Citizen Of The World” in his infamous speech it signaled the end of the 2nd amendment if he is elected.

As far as the SCOTUS decision being 5-4, there were several issues(as I read,someone correct me). I got the sense that the "individual right" and trigger lock provision by itself would have garnered at least a 7-2 vote or better,listening to the dialogue between the judges and lawyers. It was the handgun ban that made it 5-4.
    While that's not great, I don't know if it's as bad as people make it out to be, that one judge the other way overturns the 2A.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Do you feel that your right to carry concealed could be in jeopardy depending on the out come of this Presidential Election?
    I think we'll have a fight on our hands if His Divine O-ness gets elected.

Moot point for me at this instant, as I live in one of the last two states with no CCW at all for the rest of us.

Everything we do could be in jeopardy depending on the political outcomes.

If that happens how about we split off and form our own country where gun rights are ensured. We can call it.. Texas.

The collapse of the economy is going to have far, far more impact on us than which candidate gets elected.
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    I can only hope our local officials will continue to listen their constituencies.
    Fight any changes in the laws they are able and drag their feet when laws are forced upon us we don't agree. Remember we are Americans,we will figure a way to undo this mess that's about to fall upon us

Voting for McCain as he is more likely to not mess with the 2A. I have no love for Anti's. Obama and Biden is a bad antigun partnership.

But.. but... the AHSA commercial says otherwise!!

Quote Originally Posted by lee n. field View Post
    I think we'll have a fight on our hands if His Divine O-ness gets elected.
    Would you be referring to our 'messiah'? The 'Chosen one'?

I would like to take a moment to thank Jerimiah wright for coming out and saying what all the sad saps are really thinking and trying to get others to think... really.
    We are only as vulnerable as we are naive.

No, there just isn't any connection between the oval office and concealed carry laws which are decided within each state. Ditto for the US Congress.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links