Christmas Cheer

Christmas Cheer

This is a discussion on Christmas Cheer within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This time of year, we all like to think the best comes out in everyone. Sadly, that's not always the case. There are certain elements ...

Thread: Christmas Cheer

Christmas Cheer

This time of year, we all like to think the best comes out in everyone. Sadly, that's not always the case. There are certain elements of society that use our good will against us by taking advantage of our willingness to help others and exploiting our frequent habit of letting our guard down during the holiday season.

Just a reminder... Enjoy the holidays, let there be peace, joy and brotherly love, but don't let others do unto you unless you want them to!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!

"... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

Holiday's or no holiday's my guard remains up if not a little more on my guard with the giving season.

Good reminder.

Ti.

Quote Originally Posted by Ti Carry
    Holiday's or no holiday's my guard remains up if not a little more on my guard with the giving season.

Good reminder.

Ti.
    i alwyas keep my guard up to a little laid back while eating dinner but my gun is still at hand

Assistant Administrator
    Robert - sad to say the opportunist perps will so often cash in the general spirit of goodwill - hoping, expecting even - to find easy marks. They often do.

One reason I avoid the crowds shopping and for sure - in my book no day deserves any less of condition yellow than any other!

Happy Hol's to you and all!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Talking Keeping in the Holiday Spirit...armed and ready, of course

Season's Greetings fellow CCWs!

Have a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a great New Year.

Took my daughter shopping today (last minute like most men do) and was armed and vigilant. Just like any other day. Enjoyed the great gift of another day knowing that I have the ability and willingness to protect myself and loved ones if need be.

Although I truly beleive that 99% of folks just want to live and be happy...I, like you, are prepared for the other 1%. Hope my numbers are right.

Enjoy the season!

HC

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    I too would like to wish all CCW Forumites a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. As I write this, my pistol is right beside me on the computer desk. No time to let your guard down. Have a happy and safe holiday.

DC Founder
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to all of you and your families. It's been great having you all as members of the CombatCarry family over the past year!
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    Merry Christmas everyone!

I know BG's don't take a vacation at Christmas, but some things still shock the heck out of me when I hear them.

Three days ago, a local mom and pop type store very near my home was finishing up a month long toy drive for a local charity. They had gathered a bunch of toys, and had them sitting up front in several appliance boxes. A couple of guys came in on the last day and told the manager they were there to pick up the toys. They loaded them onto a truck, and then produced a weapon (haven't found out what kind yet), and demanded the money from the registers. They got away, well before the local police could drive the entire half a mile from the police station to the store (sarcastic I know, but I have known them to once take over an hour to show up at a car wreck reported with injuries, less than a mile from the station) and thus far I haven't of any arrests in the case.
    It didn't make the newspaper this week because it happened after their deadline. The only reason I found out about it, is a relative of mine walked in right after the BG's left.

Why would somone steal a truckload of toys from a local charity?
    This is one scenario, in which I ALMOST wish I had been there. I may not have intervened, but I sure as heck could have followed the truck, and relayed their position to the state police.

I know, I know not smart, but you must admit, nailing these scumbags, would have been worth it.

Links