This is a discussion on Christmas Cheer within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This time of year, we all like to think the best comes out in everyone. Sadly, that's not always the case. There are certain elements ...
December 23rd, 2005 04:07 PM
December 23rd, 2005 04:07 PM
December 23rd, 2005 04:55 PM
Holiday's or no holiday's my guard remains up if not a little more on my guard with the giving season.
December 23rd, 2005 05:36 PM
i alwyas keep my guard up to a little laid back while eating dinner but my gun is still at hand
Originally Posted by Ti Carry
December 23rd, 2005 06:37 PM
Robert - sad to say the opportunist perps will so often cash in the general spirit of goodwill - hoping, expecting even - to find easy marks. They often do.
One reason I avoid the crowds shopping and for sure - in my book no day deserves any less of condition yellow than any other!
Happy Hol's to you and all!
Chris - P95
NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.
"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."
- a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.
December 23rd, 2005 10:44 PM
Keeping in the Holiday Spirit...armed and ready, of course
Season's Greetings fellow CCWs!
Have a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a great New Year.
Took my daughter shopping today (last minute like most men do) and was armed and vigilant. Just like any other day. Enjoyed the great gift of another day knowing that I have the ability and willingness to protect myself and loved ones if need be.
Although I truly beleive that 99% of folks just want to live and be happy...I, like you, are prepared for the other 1%. Hope my numbers are right.
Enjoy the season!
December 24th, 2005 02:21 AM
I too would like to wish all CCW Forumites a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. As I write this, my pistol is right beside me on the computer desk. No time to let your guard down. Have a happy and safe holiday.
December 24th, 2005 04:23 AM
Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to all of you and your families. It's been great having you all as members of the CombatCarry family over the past year!
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.
December 24th, 2005 08:20 AM
Merry Christmas everyone!
I know BG's don't take a vacation at Christmas, but some things still shock the heck out of me when I hear them.
Three days ago, a local mom and pop type store very near my home was finishing up a month long toy drive for a local charity. They had gathered a bunch of toys, and had them sitting up front in several appliance boxes. A couple of guys came in on the last day and told the manager they were there to pick up the toys. They loaded them onto a truck, and then produced a weapon (haven't found out what kind yet), and demanded the money from the registers. They got away, well before the local police could drive the entire half a mile from the police station to the store (sarcastic I know, but I have known them to once take over an hour to show up at a car wreck reported with injuries, less than a mile from the station) and thus far I haven't of any arrests in the case.
It didn't make the newspaper this week because it happened after their deadline. The only reason I found out about it, is a relative of mine walked in right after the BG's left.
Why would somone steal a truckload of toys from a local charity?
This is one scenario, in which I ALMOST wish I had been there. I may not have intervened, but I sure as heck could have followed the truck, and relayed their position to the state police.
I know, I know not smart, but you must admit, nailing these scumbags, would have been worth it.
By aznav in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
Last Post: January 16th, 2010, 09:22 AM
By Pete in forum General Firearm Discussion
Last Post: June 9th, 2007, 04:59 AM
By P95Carry in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
Last Post: December 22nd, 2006, 12:00 AM
By ExSoldier in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
Last Post: December 20th, 2005, 09:25 AM