Stolen magazines during oil change - Page 2

Stolen magazines during oil change

This is a discussion on Stolen magazines during oil change within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Archer 51 is absolutely right..... You cannot carry a weapon on a military installation even if its broken into tiny little parts. Putting the gun ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stolen magazines during oil change

Archer 51 is absolutely right..... You cannot carry a weapon on a military installation even if its broken into tiny little parts. Putting the gun in the trunk and the mags in the center console will get you on the ground with a pistol to your head surrounded by MPs just as fast as one in your pocket. Every base I have been on in the lst 45 years has a sign at the entrance stating firearms are prohibited, period. One would think that military personnel would be trusted with a firearm but sadly, it's not that way.

They are complete idiots at most of those places.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Quote Originally Posted by 45 Carry View Post
    A word to the wise. Be careful of who's watching when you put your gun in the safe. I know you'll be very descrete. But, with more and more CCWing the BG's are watching people getting out of cars around places where you aren't allowed to carry and if they see you put something in a safe you can bet they'll break in as soon as you're out of sight.
    I hope to remain on topic here, but since part of the thread is about being discrete and un-observed with our actions of concealing items in vehicles, it gives me yet another chance in suggesting that tinted windows are a very good option for the defensive minded, and most here on this forum. For the main reasons the BG's cannot see exactly how many occupants are in a vehicle, nor can they verify what you are doing exactly. Some of us think differently about tinted windows (aftermarket) and still staying legal within your state, than just having tinted windows to P.O. law enforcement or make their job any more dangerous than it already is. FYI.

If I have ANY work done on my vehicles, nothing of any value is left in the car...anywhere...I don't trust anyone, least not a business that hires people for $6 an hour...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Archer51, NavyLT and Anchor44 said what I was thinking...

Military installations are "no fly zones" for taking your pistol. If your vehicle is on base, you are open to search at any time, not just at the gate.

Hey JD, good advice on the auto safe. I've been looking around for one of them and now I found it. thanks
    NRA Member
    Ret. LEO

I also work on a Federal installation where I am subject to vehicle search as a condition of employment, and guns are definitely not allowed. On most days, when I'm just going directly to work and straight home again, I just don't carry. On days when I feel the need to carry so as to be armed when I run after-work errands, attend meetings, etc., I leave my gun in the car and park outside the entrance gate. I keep a bicycle chained up outside the gate and just ride it in.

I sympathize with the poster, trying to put on an IWB holster while inside the car. I used to do that too, but finally just compromised to a smaller gun that I can pocket carry. Now gearing back up in the car is so much easier.

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    I been carrying many 25+ years. I never leave ammo, mags or even my tactical flashlights in my car at night at my home or when someone else has my keys or access to my vehicle without me present. Sorry for the loss......at least they didn't get a gun.
    + 1 to that! Report it to the Manager! There may be a pattern with certain guys working and reports made about stuff missing.
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Springfield Armory Service XD 40
    Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
    Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
    Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    ...Even transportation locked and secured in your vehicle is not authorized on base. Unless you know of some regulation I have not been able to find. If not you are still placing your retirement check in jeopardy if they search your vehicle and find it.
    +1... I'm an AF SP, and I can tell you that it has been policy on every installation that I've worked on, no privately owned weapons or ammo allowed. The only exceptions are those pre-authorized by CSF (such as Civ/Fed LEOs) or if you are a resident of the installation, the weapon must be stored in the SP armory.

Its been my experience that if I leave myself vulnerable, SOMEBODY will eventually come along and take advantage of that vulnerability. That's the human race, a ragtag outfit if there ever was one!!

Quote Originally Posted by KG4ZRC View Post
    Archer51, NavyLT and Anchor44 said what I was thinking...

Military installations are "no fly zones" for taking your pistol. If your vehicle is on base, you are open to search at any time, not just at the gate.
    Add me to that list. Last time I was randomly searched at the gate, I had a Center Of Mass Central cable-locked to the car in the storage area under the wayback in my SUV. The guard had me lift the lid so he could look in. There was also a binocular case and a jug of windshield washer fluid in there. The COM was empty, but the guard apparently didn't know what it was for and didn't look in it or the binocular case.
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chester1006 View Post
    +1... I'm an AF SP, and I can tell you that it has been policy on every installation that I've worked on, no privately owned weapons or ammo allowed. The only exceptions are those pre-authorized by CSF (such as Civ/Fed LEOs) or if you are a resident of the installation, the weapon must be stored in the SP armory.
    Is the ammunition a base policy thing? I always had ammo in my truck when I lived in Oklahoma, SP's never said anything about it. Of course that was prior to 9/11/01. As far as residents of the installation, unless regulations have changed, I thought if you lived in base housing you could have it in your residence. Just not allowed in the dormitory's.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

AR 190-6 says that we can bring weapons on post and transport weapons through post. One of the stipulations is that they be transported per fed regs--separate from ammo and out of the passenger compartment. Bringing them on post or transporting them accross post--in one gate and out ather--is OK and that's what I'm doing. Check out the AR.

Quote Originally Posted by MP45CDE View Post
    AR 190-6 says that we can bring weapons on post and transport weapons through post. One of the stipulations is that they be transported per fed regs--separate from ammo and out of the passenger compartment. Bringing them on post or transporting them accross post--in one gate and out ather--is OK and that's what I'm doing. Check out the AR.
    AR 190-6? That AR deals with obtaining financial records during the course of a criminal investigation. AR 190-14 covers carrying of firearms, but ONLY government issued firearms for official military police and security duties, with very few exceptions that had to approved by a field grade officer or GS12+. From your sig I take it that you are retired MP, do you still work in the field as a civilian now?

I did find a Fort Drum Regulation 190-6 (not an AR) that seems to cover carrying of personal weapons only on Ft. Drum -- is that the one to which you were referring? I didn't read it all but glossing over it, it seemed to allow for weapons but mentioned they had to be registered and stored in the unit armory or housing.

And if the Army nomenclature wasn't confusing enough, there is also a USAREUR Reg 190-6 covering personal weapons in Germany.

There's probably another 190-6 that you're referring to, but from I can tell it isn't an AR proper. You've got me curious now.
    David

Kimber Pro CDP II Colt Combat Commander Glock 26 GNS Ruger Mark III 22/45 Kahr CW9 (sold)

I don't leave loose change in my ashtray at service stations or car washes. Sorry, but this was completely preventable.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links