Need a truck gun safe.

This is a discussion on Need a truck gun safe. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I already have a large COM safe i keep my SA Mil-Spec in when i have to go into a building that prohibits it, or ...

Thread: Need a truck gun safe.

Need a truck gun safe.

I already have a large COM safe i keep my SA Mil-Spec in when i have to go into a building that prohibits it, or when i drive onto base.

I need/want a multi-handgun safe for the truck, something that could hold a few full-size 1911s. It's an '86 f-250 supercab, so space isn't really an issue. I would like, if possible, the safe to be able to bolt to the deck over the drivetrain between the driver and passenger (truck is an automatic). Key entry would be preferable, but not necessary.

If any of you know of a manufacturer, or own something similar, let me know. Or, if you have an alternative solution, it would be welcome.
    The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says, "Go Away" in every language.

Fast is fine, accuracy is final. Learn to be slow in a hurry.

"I never met a man that had been in a gunfight and wished that he had a smaller gun. Ever."

2. Remove Ads

Go to a safe/lock store and check out high security lock boxes. Quite often cheaper and better built than "gun safes". Be careful drilling through that floor hump, I found out the hard way!
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Check out this web site.... Truck Safe from Console Vault One of the cleaner installations and more secure safes.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Check out this web site.... Truck Safe from Console Vault One of the cleaner installations and more secure safes.
    I just bought one of these through Center of Mass for my Toyota Tacoma (pics: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8). They are the same, Center of Mass just resells ConsoleVault.us safes. I like it a lot. I got the combination lock version but most models give you the choice between combo lock or key lock. Just check that the dimensions are what you expect them to be. The console on my Tacoma is a lot smaller than what you probably get in a F250 but I was still surprised that my XD(M) barely fits in mine (due to grip length). Multiple handguns might be a squeeze depending on the model. I could probably fit two Glock 19s in mine.

As a side note, the original vault I ordered was damaged - apparently dropped by FedEx. ConsoleVault did send me a new one but not until after some run-around with filing a claim with FedEx. A representative from ConsoleVault, a nice young gal whose name I forget, did call me and was very apologetic. Patrick Ferrell from Center of Mass really was very helpful in getting it all worked out. If that seems confusing it is because I ordered the vault through Center of Mass but they didn't have my model in their warehouse so they had it drop-shipped to me directly from the ConsoleVault.us shop.

Also surprisingly, it seems cheaper to get them through Center-of-Mass than from ConsoleVault.us directly. In my case $275 versus $309. ConsoleVault.us doesn't charge shipping but even with shipping it only came to $288 through Center of Mass.

Installation took me about 40 minutes. For someone less mechanically handicapped than I am it may take half that long.
    Life Member: Grass Roots North Carolina, GOA | Member: NRA
    Carrying: Springfield Armory XD(M) .40 S&W | Kel-Tec PF9

I have several Vline safes. They are bolted through the floor in my console typically. Not sure that they have one large enough for what your looking for. But I would check them out.

They use a Simplex 5 button push button lock that is very easy and fast to open. Certainly can be defeated, but would probably require a decent pry bar to do so. Would also depend upon how you mount it.

Good luck.

http://www.vlineind.com/
    "You're already flying upside down. You might as well turn on the smoke and have some fun."
    - Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival"

Any metal tool box can be drilled and bolted anywhere in the car...with a variety of sizes and shapes, one can pretty well customize it to your own needs.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links