my electronic prints...

my electronic prints...

This is a discussion on my electronic prints... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; are a no go. I got 2 letters in mail today saying my prints were not clear enough. I don't know how this affects timeframe ...

my electronic prints...

are a no go. I got 2 letters in mail today saying my prints were not clear enough. I don't know how this affects timeframe of actually getting my CWL IF my prints are okay on second try. ratz

That stinks. I hope they get it to you sooner for the trouble.

Go back to the Sheriffs where you had them done and ask them to do an ink version as well. Show them that letter and they should do it for free since you already paid. Have their fingerprint guy take a look at it to make sure its good.
    The lady in line in front of me had to do 3 cards because she was sweating so much. They finally gave her a bag of ice to hold onto to cool her hands.
    "carrying a gun is a lot lighter than carrying a cop in your pocket" -MrTwice99

Thanks. It just stinks cuz my friend's prints were done right after me with no issues. I am tempted to go to a different office, however, you make a good point on returning to same. thanks. I think they only do prints for CWL on Mon, Tues and Weds, if I recall correctly. stinks. Can't do anything tomorrow (I think).

Someone screwed up on this one...electronic prints should have been good...the computer analysis determines if the prints are OK to send...someone needs some more lessons on taking electronic prints.

If you go back and have them done a second time, be sure to do the electronic prints again...it's supposed to save tons of time.

Our school prints get an OK back within the hour.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Our probate court does the electronic prints for CCW's. The machine scans each print and beeps if it isn't acceptable, it pretty much won't let you accidentally make a bad scan. The girl had to redo a couple of my fingers a few times. My wife, however, had a heckuva time. And she wasn't sweating either -- I don't know what was wrong. They had her clean her hands and everything. They finally got all but one finger, the last pinky. It just WOULD NOT be accepted by the computer, even though it looked okay on the screen. They must have tried 15-20 times. Finally the girl just gave up, ignored the error, and submitted the prints, saying one bad finger shouldn't affect the results. It didn't, she got her permit with no problem.
    David

Kimber Pro CDP II Colt Combat Commander Glock 26 GNS Ruger Mark III 22/45 Kahr CW9 (sold)

good luck my budy is still waiting for his permit it has been 112 days. No letter or anything saying what is wrong.
    In Hoc Signo Vinces

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    Mantis:
    This happened to my wife. My prints were good and I got my permit in two weeks. (That was three years ago) My wife had to get hers re-done after we finally found out why she didn't get her permit when I did. Then the state took the full 90 days, but she did get her permit.

Quote Originally Posted by bshoe View Post
    good luck my budy is still waiting for his permit it has been 112 days. No letter or anything saying what is wrong.
    Call and find out what's wrong. Florida is a "shall issue" state, so there must be a problem. If something fell between the cracks and he doesn't follow up, he may never get his permit. Things do get lost occasionally.

It's only as good as the operator. If they rushed you through and didn't care, you'd never know.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Correct me if I am wrong but did they clean the glass plate? Windex? Maybe there was lint from the towel that was used? Bring a peice of a old cotton tee-shirt to wipe down the glass. My fingers prints have been cut, smashed, burned almost anything and my prints old school and theu the computer have always come back ok. I think the operator made a mistake.

It is imperative that you provide the clearest possible scans, for your own protection:

The Los Angeles Police Department has acknowledged in a confidential report that people have been falsely implicated in crimes because the department's fingerprint experts wrongly identified them as suspects.

The 10-page internal report, obtained by The Times, highlighted two cases in which criminal defendants had charges against them dropped after problems with the fingerprint analysis were exposed. LAPD officials do not know how many other people might have been wrongly accused over the years as a result of poor fingerprint analysis and do not have the funds to pay for a comprehensive audit to find out, according to police records and interviews.

"This is something of extraordinary concern," said Michael Judge, public defender for Los Angeles County. "Juries tend to accord the highest level of confidence to fingerprint evidence. This is the type of thing that easily could lead to innocent people being convicted."
    LAPD blames faulty fingerprint analysis for erroneous accusations

I hear that FL is getting overwhelmed with CWP applications, and waiting times are on the increase (4-6 months now!). Back when I did it (year or so ago), it was 1-2 months.

The quality depends a bit on the kind of machine they have. Some of the nicer machines don't require you to move the finger, others you have to roll the finger as a glass plate moves it across the scanner. Not all machines have the automated quality control.
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

Wow, never heard of a bad electronic print.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

I have. A friend of a friend had to re-do hers TWICE. Went to this same sheriff's office too... hmm. The operator had to roll my finger on the glass so God only knows what was wrong with the prints. I called their office today, no cost for re-do(s) only have to wait until their are in CWL processing mode which is limited hours on Tuesday, Wednesdays and Thursdays...

Links