CC at office environment

CC at office environment

This is a discussion on CC at office environment within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been debating this for quite some time and I would like to hear what you guys think. I work for an office that requires ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CC at office environment

CC at office environment

I've been debating this for quite some time and I would like to hear what you guys think.

I work for an office that requires business casual dress code. I'm not a fan of carrying with my shirt tucked in over and I'm thinking of getting a vest. I've only seen vests that look like I'm going on safari, fishing, or to a photo shoot.

Is there anything out there that is a bit more "office-like" that would help conceal properly at work?

Thanks,

Leprechaun97

Administrator
    How about pocket carry?
    "Just blame Sixto"

Most vest are of the nature you describe, unless your going to use leather, that may be acceptable?

Pocket carry like Sixto suggested would work depending on the type of pants you wear. That might require getting a different gun, but that is a good thing right.

If you have to keep your shirt tucked in, then the square cut shirts like I wear will not work if you don't like the tucked method.

The only other option that I have heard of is one that Janq suggested it is a type of tight fighting shirt that you wear under your dress shirt which has accomodations for the pistol, mag, etc. Maybe he will see this and give you the name of the thing.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

If you haven't always worn a vest at work, you suddenly wearing one EVERYDAY will seem strange. It doesn't matter what it looks like. You might have better luck with a casual sports coat. This way you can claim you are "classing up" your image.

Maybe pocket carry or suck it up and go tuckable holster. People that see you everyday may eventually notice the clips, however.
    -Biker

You could carry on your ankle. It isn't the fastest, but it IS one of the least obtrusive methods of concealment. No worries about "brushes" in the office detecting your weapon. Again, if you're carrying a 1911, that's another story.

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    Seems to me that most vests that are of the dressier nature instead of Africa safari hunting are cut too short to conceal anything.

What about a sport coat? I'd still recomend using an IWB tuckable but you would only have to tuck when a situation required you to remove your jacket. Wearing an OWB with a sport coat prints too badly in my experiance.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

The only other option that I have heard of is one that Janq suggested it is a type of tight fighting shirt that you wear under your dress shirt which has accomodations for the pistol, mag, etc. Maybe he will see this and give you the name of the thing
    I've got one and they hold the gun high under your arm letting
    you tuck your shirt in, but are not EZ to draw the gun from.
    it also helps if the gun is small because it is under your arm.
    I'll see if I can find a name on it later today and post it here.
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Although it didn't work for me, try a smart carry. Some love it, but it didn't work for my body shape (round ;))
    "The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us." Patrick Henry 1775

Vegetarian: Indian for inept hunter.

I'm lucky, I wear a suit everyday. On more casual days, I use my SmartCarry.

Will

Thunderwear or SmartCarry (essentially the same, but SmartCarry is fitted to your specific gun). I can carry a Kahr PM40 all day very comfortably, and absolutely nobody will notice. Not the quickest draw, but neither is a tuckable holster or one of the undercover t-shirts. Some people don't like the SmartCarry type of holster, but it is worth a try -- it works for many of us.

Im not aware of any vests like the one you are looking for but I have to wear business attire sometimes and when I do, I have the option to pocket carry my PM9. You might consider a Kahr PM9, Rohrbaugh R9, Ruger LCP or Kel Tec P3AT for a pocket carry mode instead of wearing a vest every day.

Just wondering what the dislike is for IWB and shirt tucked. It is how I carry everyday. May slow me down slightly but you just have to practice. I think a lot of folks on here carry this way. Just wanted to know why you didn't like it?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirerogue View Post
    You could carry on your ankle. It isn't the fastest, but it IS one of the least obtrusive methods of concealment. No worries about "brushes" in the office detecting your weapon. Again, if you're carrying a 1911, that's another story.
    I'm not a big fan of ankle carry, but in an office setting, this may be a good option. I would imagine the better part of your day is sitting at a desk, so ankle carry really wouldnt be a problem.
    "Just blame Sixto"

waregleky-

I just don't feel comfortable enough with it yet, that's all. I do carry IWB, and during the summer I wore untucked polos on the more casual days.

I just don't know. My office is very anti-gun, and that's what worries me.

Quote Originally Posted by ASSA9 View Post
    I've got one and they hold the gun high under your arm letting
    you tuck your shirt in, but are not EZ to draw the gun from.
    it also helps if the gun is small because it is under your arm.
    I'll see if I can find a name on it later today and post it here.
    There are a couple of shirts like this I am familiar with. One is from A Better Holster and the other is made by Ridge. I have 4 of the ones from abetterholster, 2 in white and 2 in black. I love this type of holster, especially when tucking in a shirt is required.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links