How many "types" of carry permits does your state use?

This is a discussion on How many "types" of carry permits does your state use? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just one for Arkansas. What do you expect? You either got a carry permit or you don't. And I'm sure a lot that don't still ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many "types" of carry permits does your state use?

Just one for Arkansas. What do you expect? You either got a carry permit or you don't. And I'm sure a lot that don't still do.

2. Remove Ads

Mississippi only issues a Firearms permit. That's it.

Oregon only has 1.

Quote Originally Posted by JammanX View Post
    1 in Idaho
    1 for everything
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by matiki View Post
    Whoah... Premises only... ??? That is so foreign to me. You mean it's illegal to concealed carry in your home without a permit?
    Premises only means you cannot carry at all, outside your home or office, whatever is specified onthe permit.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

NC=1
    <><><><><>
    Grass Roots North Carolina
    <><><><><>
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    I'm in Alabama - same as MS here - no "levels"....
    For God, Family and Country!

MATIKI,

Can't even OWN a pistol without a permit in NY.

Mass. has 2;
    Class B non-large capacity.
    Class A large capacity
    The local Chief can restrict lic. at will.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

How many "types" of carry permits does your state use?
    Other than whatever it is that Chicago aldermen have, none.

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JAT40 View Post
    Mass. has 2;
    Class B non-large capacity.
    Class A large capacity
    The local Chief can restrict lic. at will.
    Wow. From what I read on the board, I thought Mass was much more complicated than that. I thought there were different types even within the classes (A & B).
    Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Massachusetts has many

Ma. is a blue state and has many restrictions. I am fortunate to have the best license available, non restricted concealed LTC Class A.

Local chiefs can give you any license that they wish (class a or b) and apply restrictions. Class A large capacity is required to carry automatics. Class B limits you to revolvers. As far as restrictions go, they can limit you to target and sport, employment only, or apply no restrictions all at the chiefs discretion. I think I am missing one of the restrictions but you get the idea. I feel this gives chiefs way too much power. I don't think a small town chief should be interoreting my 2A rights. I am fortunate to have a class A unrestricted LTC. It is rare to obtain one these days. If I so much as get a DUI I will lose it for life. Mass doesn't mess around. I'm way more careful now since the stakes are so high. My 2A right is very important to me. It is so important that I would sell my house and move to a new town if my chief starting imposing restrictions on us law abiding self defense carriers. I hope it never comes to that. Bottom line......Don't move to Massachusetts if given the choice.

Massachusetts has many

Ma. is a blue state and has many restrictions. I am fortunate to have the best license available, non restricted concealed LTC Class A.

Local chiefs can give you any license that they wish (class a or b) and apply restrictions. Class A large capacity is required to carry automatics. Class B limits you to revolvers. As far as restrictions go, they can limit you to target and sport, employment only, or apply no restrictions all at the chiefs discretion. I think I am missing one of the restrictions but you get the idea. I feel this gives chiefs way too much power. I don't think a small town chief should be interpreting my 2A rights. I am fortunate to have a class A unrestricted LTC. It is rare to obtain one these days. If I so much as get a DUI I will lose it for life. Mass doesn't mess around. I'm way more careful now since the stakes are so high. My 2A right is very important to me. It is so important that I would sell my house and move to a new town if my chief starting imposing restrictions on us law abiding self defense carriers. I hope it never comes to that. Bottom line......Don't move to Massachusetts if given the choice.

Quote Originally Posted by tmcc71 View Post

Local chiefs can give you any license that they wish (class a or b) and apply restrictions. Class A large capacity is required to carry automatics. Class B limits you to revolvers. As far as restrictions go, they can limit you to target and sport, employment only, or apply no restrictions all at the chiefs discretion. I think I am missing one of the restrictions but you get the idea. I feel this gives chiefs way too much power. I don't think a small town chief should be interpreting my 2A rights. I am fortunate to have a class A unrestricted LTC. It is rare to obtain one these days. If I so much as get a DUI I will lose it for life. Mass doesn't mess around. I'm way more careful now since the stakes are so high. My 2A right is very important to me. It is so important that I would sell my house and move to a new town if my chief starting imposing restrictions on us law abiding self defense carriers. I hope it never comes to that. Bottom line......Don't move to Massachusetts if given the choice.

Yes, all this is correct.I live in the People's Republic Of Mass also and the only good thing is that I live on Cape Cod, which is beautiful and just about the only redeeming quality about living here.

I also hold the highest license you can get here, Class A, no restrictions. With a class B license, you may NOT carry a loaded firearm concealed. Only Class A license holders can carry concealed here.

When I'm ready to "retire" --like I'll be able to anytime soon!-- I'm moving the hell out of here. The taxes are too high and our State House consistently disregards the will of the people who live here.

WV=1 permit for pistol/revolver
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links