Media does a story on Guns in Airports

This is a discussion on Media does a story on Guns in Airports within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In Many US Airports, Guns are OK Outside Security - MSN Travel Articles Saw this today when signing into MSN. Looks like the article is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Media does a story on Guns in Airports

Media does a story on Guns in Airports

In Many US Airports, Guns are OK Outside Security - MSN Travel Articles

Saw this today when signing into MSN. Looks like the article is biased towards Anti-Gun in most of it, but at least they also included the gun rights side of input also.

2. Remove Ads

"People who are law-abiding are going to be law-abiding whether they have a .38 snubby on their hip or not," he said.
    If only more people would realize this!
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

Let's outlaw guns in airports - that will surely stop terrorists!!
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Just like at schools, Murderers that are not worried about laws against killing people are not going to be worried about laws against carrying a gun.

Mr. "I want to kill lots of people" isn't going to just give up when he sees a no guns allowed sign at the door.

Sad how people want to give up freedom to FEEL safer.

-mac
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

Thats very true Mac. Now, if we had signs saying "CC PERMIT HOLDERS WELCOME" with a big smiley sign...now THAT might make some give up!!

IF permit holders could carry everywhere, I know that I would feel safer!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I remember the first time I went to the airport to pick someone up with my CCW, when my wife found out she almost made a scene right there in the baggage claim luckily she just gave me a look and saved it for when we were out in the car. Once I explained I knew I wasn't going into the secure area so I was good she relaxed, especially when we drove through a not so great neighborhood getting onto the highway towards home.
    Thanks,
    Rock

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    Just like at schools, Murderers that are not worried about laws against killing people are not going to be worried about laws against carrying a gun.

Mr. "I want to kill lots of people" isn't going to just give up when he sees a no guns allowed sign at the door.

Sad how people want to give up freedom to FEEL safer.

-mac
    Seeing a no guns allowed sign will just reassure Mr(s). "I want to kill lots of people" that (s)he'll be able to get their wish without worrying about being stopped for several minutes at least.

Those signs are more comfort to the psychos than they are to the rest of us.
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

So you think that the Antis will ever get it? Or must it take an attack on themselves or close family member to see the light?

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    So you think that the Antis will ever get it? Or must it take an attack on themselves or close family member to see the light?
    They just blame the ability for the guy to get a gun so easily they don't look at why the guy picked the no gun zone or what the outcome would of been had there been 10% of the people carrying when he fired the first shot.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    They just blame the ability for the guy to get a gun so easily they don't look at why the guy picked the no gun zone or what the outcome would of been had there been 10% of the people carrying when he fired the first shot.
    +1
    But I think the Anti's are not so concerned with how someone gets a gun, as they are that guns exist in the first place.

They won't be happy until (as if it were possible,) every gun on the planet were destroyed and all military s are abolished and we all sing Kumbya in perfect harmony while drinking Cokes.
    It’s so much easier now days, to "Love and honor" my wife, when she is armed, and shoots a better group than I do. (Till death do us part, eh?)

“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is, you point a gun at him,” the Sheriff said.

Quote Originally Posted by elkhunter View Post
    They won't be happy until (as if it were possible,) every gun on the planet were destroyed and all military s are abolished and we all sing Kumbya in perfect harmony while drinking Cokes.
    As long as it is a Coke and not drinking the spiked Punch

Did you look at the MSN message board associated with the story?? I looked at the first page and evryone was very pro-gun in the airport and everywhere else in public. Looks like we have the public opinion going our direction (for now). At least on MSN.

Well, well, well....

AP writer Shannon McCaffrey quotes Mississippi representative Bennie Thompson abut his anti-gun point of view. Maybe he should talk to his friend Jackson mayor Frank Melton. Melton pled no contest to misdermeanor charges of carrying a firearm at locations prohibited by state law. Thompson's friend, Mr. Melton, is currently under federal indictment for civil rights violations.

Check Frank Melton and the Bennie Thompson connection on the Internet.

Frank even got a Capitol police badge that allows him to carry around D. C.

Looks like representative Thompson doesn't want YOU and ME carrying at the airport.

I guess Shannon McCaffrey failed to get a handle on Mr. Thompson's friends before she quoted him for this article.

Also see David Codrea's article about Melton (specifically Mr. Melton's comments about carrying not one but two guns on domestic flights) in the April 2007 issue of Guns Magazine. Check it out at waronguns.blogspot.com

Would be great if reality was something tangible like a liquid, we could then put in the dirnking water and all the tree hugging left wing liberal anti gun people can get a nice big drink of it.

Its even worse here in NZ,

1) they dont want our police to have tasers because the poor criminals might have a heart condition or hit their head on the ground and hurt themselves.

2) they dont want our police to have guns, yet expect them to act on crime that involves weapons.

3) We cant even smack our children now for being naughty. YES ITS TRUE, a parent was actually convicted under this law early this year for flicking his sons ear for not listening to him about being safe on his bike around traffic (an off duty cop booked him).

Actually can the water idea, lets put them on a spaceship and send them to the sun for a holiday. I tell you these people will be the ruin of our country, and yours.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Evil prevails when good men stand by and do nothing
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links