"Sexy Carry" - Page 2

"Sexy Carry"

This is a discussion on "Sexy Carry" within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by old grunt Good for you!! It sounds like she'll be shooting before you know it. The flip of your(and my)situation I saw ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Sexy Carry"

Quote Originally Posted by old grunt View Post
    Good for you!! It sounds like she'll be shooting before you know it. The flip of your(and my)situation I saw when over in Israel with the Army(ours by the way)....HOT female soldiers with Uzis slung over their shoulders. Talk about sexy!! Unfortunately, I didn't get to hug any of then!
    PS> I've been married 17 years and my wife STILL DOESN'T SHOOT
    +1

Don't civilians carry there too?
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

My girlfriend also finds it very comforting when I carry and has even become instinctual about keeping my strong hand free to draw if necessary. She hugs and knows it's there. She find it's so sexy (she says) because I am so vigiliant about protecting her and that I go about my daily routine like the gun is supposed to be there and nobody else knows I am even carrying. I dont pull or tug or favor that side but its still there and she loves knowing it.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Administrator
    Take her to a real range (no static paper targets!) and let her watch you in a shoot house... thats what worked for me. Now she has a real interest and understands why it takes hours and hours of training.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by KenInColo View Post
    +1

I was in Israel back in the late 90's and I observed a LOT of people carrying. Those citizens, women included, packed!

Back on topic, my wife has never used the words 'sexey" and 'carrying' in the same sentence WRT me. She is sometimes annoyed at my carrying due to me being 'somewhat' limited as to where I can go.......and other times she has expressed relief and comfort knowing I was carrying.

She a woman and thus WILL change her mind and mood at her disgression
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Sounds like you have a keeper there! Has she commented on whether or not the size matters...maybe we can put an end to that age old debate...either that or it will start a caliber war!
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

Glad it's working out for you. Keep it up. My wife responded similarly, although I never gave her veto power. Once she discovered I was going to carry regardless, she stopped trying to argue. And yes, like your wife, my wife now appreciates my willingness to protect her. I don't flaunt it in her face, but at home I always carry. Surprisingly, after the initial arguments, she seems to like it now.

Keep doing whatever you're doing.

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    More power to ya brother! Hang it up on the bed post and enjoy the new found romance.

Quote Originally Posted by KenInColo View Post
    +1

All Israeli's of appropriate age are members of the military
    Last edited by rhinokrk; October 21st, 2008 at 04:22 AM. Reason: - an s
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

A few months ago I went to a class reunion. My old high school sweetheart who I hadn't seen in over 30 years was there. She gave me a big hug and felt my IWB CCW. She got a big smile on her face and said something along the lines of, "Well, I see you're still glad to see me after all these years!"

She wasn't the least bit upset that I was armed, and later said that it made her feel safer.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

My (now ex-girlfriend) was a bit shocked when I brought up the subject and told her that if I have pants on, I am most likely armed. It took her a week or so to come to grips with the idea. But when she did, she immediately began to make the minor adjustments. Keeping my strong sided clear, allowing me to sit in the more secure location when we were out...
    She even learned to shoot and practiced with the guns that were for home defense purposes as well as allowing me to teach her kids about shooting and guns in general. Perhaps somewhat motivated by her last ex-boyfriend threatening her and having just dealt with a stalker. What really got me, was when she got her CCW paperwork and asked me to take her to the gun store so she could look for her own carry weapon.

The story doesn't end well, in that she is now my ex and she is back with her abusive ex (before me). But sometimes the horse just won't drink the water.

At least her son is now aware, gun safe and willing to defend himself and others. We just need to wait a year so I can gift him his first gun.

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Precision View Post
    At least her son is now aware, gun safe and willing to defend himself and others. We just need to wait a year so I can gift him his first gun.
    I'd be careful about that. Wouldn't want him to shoot his mom's boyfriend and end up in prison.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Quote Originally Posted by GWRedDragon View Post
    I'd be careful about that. Wouldn't want him to shoot his mom's boyfriend and end up in prison.

I doubt that would happen.

I actually doubt that the boyfriend can keep his act together for the time it will take for the son to be of age. I also will not make the gift without mom's permission.

But, I currently have permission to take her son shooting and other things that a good role male role model should do. So maybe I lost out on the girl, but hopefully we (shooters) have not lost out on the son.

Precision, let me just say I admire you for remaining in her son's life as the father figure that he likely would not otherwise have, particularly since you and her weren't married and he isn't your biological son. Most boyfriends in that situation would have just walked away from everything. So kudos to you, sir!
    David

Kimber Pro CDP II • Colt Combat Commander • Glock 26 GNS • Ruger Mark III 22/45 • Kahr CW9 (sold)

VIP Member
    Nothing sexier to me than a woman with a sidearm. It shows chacter and it says " No one is taking advantage of me and I can take care of myself" . Thats' sexy...

Sexy is not usually what I get

My wife has a knack of hitting the grips of my ruger with her hand or elbow and then spouting a few choice words in response. I believe it is a good thing that she is comfortable enough with me carrying she forgets sometimes. Considering she grew up in a house with no guns at all. (more to it than just standard anti crap)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links