Florida CCW Wait Time

Florida CCW Wait Time

This is a discussion on Florida CCW Wait Time within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is there anyone else as anxious as I am? I took my CCW class on Aug 3rd and sent all my paperwork in on Aug. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Florida CCW Wait Time

Florida CCW Wait Time

Is there anyone else as anxious as I am? I took my CCW class on Aug 3rd and sent all my paperwork in on Aug. 7th. We were told in our class if we submitted EFP's and a money order for payment we would have our permits in 30 days provided there were no "issues". Well I submitted EFP's and a M/O and here I sit near 75 days later no permit. I called on Oct. 1st and was told my application was just scanned in that morning and should be processed within a couple weeks. I called back in a couple weeks and now have been told it could be 3-4 more weeks. Is Florida DOA really that backed up? Is there anyone out there that mailed there application (in Florida) around the first wwek in August? Have you recieved your CCW yet? I feel like a kid on Christmas eve but Christmas never comes.

Peter

I had EFP and it still took 91 days! My wife is pushing 85 day and still waiting.

It took 30-40 days back when I took it (a year ago). But I keep hearing 90+ days wait time are the norm now due to an increase in applications. Remember this is "the government".... they can't just hire new people quickly.
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

Fl ccw

I applied for my FL CCW in April. I did not receive my permit until the end of June. They told me they had more applications this year than expected.
    It's a pain waiting, I know. I moved from WA, where I had a permit, to FL where I could not carry for 90 days. AARRRGGHH. I was going nuts. I felt naked.

You can call them, they are very cool. They told me it would arrive the last week in June and they were right, almost to the day.

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    Yeah, they're that backed up. Applications are pouring in. Most are taking the full 90 days and sometimes a little more.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

Quote Originally Posted by only 9mm View Post
    Is there anyone else as anxious as I am? I took my CCW class on Aug 3rd and sent all my paperwork in on Aug. 7th. We were told in our class if we submitted EFP's and a money order for payment we would have our permits in 30 days provided there were no "issues". Well I submitted EFP's and a M/O and here I sit near 75 days later no permit. I called on Oct. 1st and was told my application was just scanned in that morning and should be processed within a couple weeks. I called back in a couple weeks and now have been told it could be 3-4 more weeks. Is Florida DOA really that backed up? Is there anyone out there that mailed there application (in Florida) around the first wwek in August? Have you recieved your CCW yet? I feel like a kid on Christmas eve but Christmas never comes.

Peter
    I sent mine the same week you did, and just got it a few days ago. I did livescan for my prints,although the PD I went to won't electronically transmit the prints, it'll only copy them onto the cards. You should have them any day now I think. Most people have had to wait about the full 90 days or so.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

FL claims 90 days...most permits used to take from 7-8 weeks. They must really be backed up, which is a good thing...makes FL a safer place.
    Hang in there, it will be in your wallet very soon.

Stay armed...think positive...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by PaulJ View Post
    It took 30-40 days back when I took it (a year ago). But I keep hearing 90+ days wait time are the norm now due to an increase in applications. Remember this is "the government".... they can't just hire new people quickly.
    The Florida nonresident CFP is one of the most popular in the country, especially now that the term has been extended to 7 years. I was lucky enough to have my application processed right after the change.
    "[A]rms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine, Thoughts On Defensive War, 1775

Quote Originally Posted by press1280 View Post
    I sent mine the same week you did, and just got it a few days ago. I did livescan for my prints,although the PD I went to won't electronically transmit the prints, it'll only copy them onto the cards. You should have them any day now I think. Most people have had to wait about the full 90 days or so.
    If you want to use electronic fingerprints for Florida Concealed Weapons Permits, they have be taken in the State of Florida. They will not accept electronic fingerprints from out of state agencies.
    "[A]rms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine, Thoughts On Defensive War, 1775

Mine was sent Aug 20, received on Aug 22. I called 2 days ago and the said they haven't gotten to it. I should have it by December.

From what I've seen it usually takes under 90 days. My wife got hers in about 45. Mine took over 90 days. We both did dead-tree fingerprint cards too.

Read this too.

I mailed mine on Aug 17th. I called at 45 days per their website. Lady stated that they are 2 1/2 months behind due to volume. I called yesterday, 8 weeks. Lady stated that my application is now in the computer, she verified some information, and said that I should have it in 2-3 weeks.

I don't even live in Florida and my license only took 30 days. That was a year ago.

It will take all 90 days right now.

florida ccw wait time

Just got mine in the mail today.
    Mailed in my application on Aug 3rd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links