WV and SC in agreement

WV and SC in agreement

This is a discussion on WV and SC in agreement within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got a letter from the AG stating that SC now recognises WV carry permit. Now All we need is GA and I can drive ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WV and SC in agreement

Thumbs up WV and SC in agreement

Just got a letter from the AG stating that SC now recognises WV carry permit.
    Now All we need is GA and I can drive straight through to FL without disarming....

Get a FL permit and you'll be good in GA. You don't need to be a resident of FL to obtain a permit.
    Checkout: Handgunlaw.us

FL just recently achieved reciprocity with SC...that pretty much made my potential destinations...armed treks.
    You can get the FL permit in about 90 days...I'd go for it, they you're good to go...armed.

Stay armed...stay in the friendly states...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Billy: I just got an e-mail from WVCDL stating that the original notice was in error...........that there's some problem with S.C. and it cautioned against carrying on a W.Va license.

Go to WVCDL.com..........apparently SLED states they did not get the signed agreement and claims carriage by WV holders is NOT legal yet!!!

Something is mighty fishy here. The agreement with signatures by both states was posted on here several weeks ago. Anyone have a link to that agreement? In fact it was signed by SC before WV and ageed to full reciprocity. Something is rotten in Columbia.

Quote Originally Posted by dogrunner View Post
    Billy: I just got an e-mail from WVCDL stating that the original notice was in error...........that there's some problem with S.C. and it cautioned against carrying on a W.Va license.

Go to WVCDL.com..........apparently SLED states they did not get the signed agreement and claims carriage by WV holders is NOT legal yet!!!
    Thats interesting if you go here:
    http://www.wvago.gov/pdf/gunrec/Reci...ment%20-SC.pdf

it is signed. Here you can go to the WV AG.:
    The West Virginia Attorney General Darrell McGraw gives his written opinions and advice upon questions of law to state officials, heads of state institutions, and the prosecuting attorneys; handles all litigation on behalf of the state government and

Ref: WV/SC Reciprocity and GA Law

A few days ago, I contacted WV State Attorney General's office and spoke to their version of regulatory. WV does recognize resident SC CWP. Not sure if SC feels likewise though. As for carrying concealed in GA, if you fall under one of the exceptions prescribed by GA State Law 16.11.130, then you're good to go.

Well its not posted yet on SLED's site but that often doesn't mean much. They seem to take their own sweet time updating the list. Like last time it was about two or three weeks and they didn't even bother to redate the site when they did it.

Your welcome to check frequently until you see it show up

Here is the link: South Carolina Law Enforcement Division

why not get a NH license for 20 its good in GA
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

Question Now that NH has come up...

I applied for my NH CWP and later found this notice on their page:

"PLEASE NOTE : The State of New Hampshire will only recognize resident concealed handgun licenses from these states. Concealed handgun licenses issued by the State of New Hampshire to out-of-state residents are ONLY valid within the State of New Hampshire."

If I am reading this right all I will be getting for my $20.00 is the ability to carry in NH. Is this correct?
    Ruger Super Blackhawk .44mag,Glock 17, Glock 19,Taurus 92 9mm,Llama .38, Taurus .38,Bersa Thunder .380,S&W Model 22A .22,Western Auto .22 ,NAA .22 Mag, Mini- Mini 14 .223,Mossberg 12 Gauge.

[QUOTE=Scrvoy;884454]I applied for my NH CWP and later found this notice on their page:

"PLEASE NOTE : The State of New Hampshire will only recognize resident concealed handgun licenses from these states. Concealed handgun licenses issued by the State of New Hampshire to out-of-state residents are ONLY valid within the State of New Hampshire."

If I am reading this right all I will be getting for my $20.00 is the ability to carry in NH. Is this correct?[/QUOT

Could you put a link to where you saw this?
    As it reads, seems like the state of NH will only recognize reciprocal states and their residents, not those that get out of state permits in those reciprocal states.
    Grassroots SC, SC CWP, NH NR-PRL

Ruger Super Blackhawk .44mag,Glock 17, Glock 19,Taurus 92 9mm,Llama .38, Taurus .38,Bersa Thunder .380,S&W Model 22A .22,Western Auto .22 ,NAA .22 Mag, Mini- Mini 14 .223,Mossberg 12 Gauge.

I think that it means that NH has no control over whether a state will accept a NH permit other than from residents. Some states require that you be a resident of the state that issues the permit, FL and NH for example. Maybe someone from GA can help us on this. Most states that accept non resident permits accept them from all states so I don't see that NH would be an exception.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    I think that it means that NH has no control over whether a state will accept a NH permit other than from residents.
    I think it means exactly that. They are making a statement that they cannot control what other states may accept them.

Some states require that you be a resident of the state that issues the permit, FL and NH for example.
    SC is also one of those states.

WV now shows on Sled's website:

South Carolina Law Enforcement Division
    Grassroots SC, SC CWP, NH NR-PRL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links