Will carry at work despite company policy - Page 4

Will carry at work despite company policy

This is a discussion on Will carry at work despite company policy within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by cwblanco If caught you risk losing your job and your CHL permit. I suppose that has to be evaluated along with the ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Will carry at work despite company policy

Quote Originally Posted by cwblanco View Post
    If caught you risk losing your job and your CHL permit. I suppose that has to be evaluated along with the risks of being killed.

If I have a criticism of your post, it is that you have publicly stated your intent to commit an illegal act. Just hope that your employer or one of his assistants is not tuned into this site. By giving your city, and referring to an automobile dealership, your have narrowed the search.
    Not illegal, against company policy, yes! But I secretly talked with one of my bosses and he has a CHL, he said I can't tell you to carry, but I know what I would do in your shoes. So again, getting fired or losing life, I can always get a job! And I actually asked a local cop in that town that is a friend of mine to research it and he said it is not against TX law having a valid CHL, if you are caught at your company, thats on me. But I can assure anyone the only way one would know is if someone trys to carjack me!

Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    I'm originally from NJ and used to work at a dealer of high end cars. We had a similar incident when two guys shot the salesman and took a $60,000 Porsche. Since this was the 3rd similar incident at the time, it changed local policy. In one case a female salesman was beaten nearly to death and raped.

After that the dealership (and many around) did not allow salesmen to go on test drives with customers. The only way to test drive was to leave your license at the dealer and go alone after a credit check was complete. So not even a fake ID would get you the keys. Pretty much all the dealers in NJ operate like that now so the salesmen are not in any danger.

I'm actually surprised to learn that dealerships were still operating the old way in this day and age. Even rural ones should stop that practice. Even here in upstate NY they run your credit and get your license before you get to drive the car.

I would carry even against company policy....
    Hell I wish they would let us do that, then everyone bitches when they come in and want to run credit first! I like it cause it would weed out the non buyers too! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by cwblanco View Post
    If caught you risk losing your job and your CHL permit. I suppose that has to be evaluated along with the risks of being killed.

If I have a criticism of your post, it is that you have publicly stated your intent to commit an illegal act. Just hope that your employer or one of his assistants is not tuned into this site. By giving your city, and referring to an automobile dealership, your have narrowed the search.
    By the way, Dallas has probably a 100 dealers in it and the surrounding areas! They can try!

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    Can you hide the bulge by wearing an untucked shirt?

Can you reposition the gun so the grip doesn't bulge as much?

Can you lower the SmartCarry some?

Can you iron a stiff patch on the insides of your pants where the grip hits, in order to disguise the edge?

Can you camouflage the area by hanging keys or something off your belt?

Can you wear looser pants, perhaps ones with pleats just below the belt?

A smaller or differently shaped gun is also another option.

I found that using SmartCarry with a larger holster keeps the grip tucked in a little closer to my body.

Another option I've used in the past is to use a dual-holster SmartCarry, and then place the gun in the farthest holster from my strong arm, yet with the grip still positioned for use by my strong arm. This sometimes places the grip mid-zipper line, which can help hide the bump depending on the pant type.

If someone asked to verify what you have directly in line with your zipper, I'd call them a pervert and refuse to unzip.

Try to eliminate the bump first, then cover if possible, and if not, try to camouflage.

Good luck.

Just read your edit: good plan about the insulin pump.
    actually I have a good leather holster for the pocket gun that has a leather rectangle cover over it so it poses as a wallet in back pocket. Or I could ankle carry if I wanted to but never been a big fan of that even though I do have a holster for that too.
    "If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."

Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by TX Husker Fan View Post
    By the way, Dallas has probably a 100 dealers in it and the surrounding areas! They can try!
    The wonderful thing about selling cars, get a haircut, put on a clean shirt, walk down the street and get a job. I say carry, and keep quiet. If it doesn't work, go to Down the Road Motors, and be more secretive.

Maybe a ankle holster is in order. No bulges and easily accessable when seating in a car. Just my $.02

I am wondering what the wordage that the dealership uses. Does it say "weapons or firearms" Does it say w/f can not be stored in a employees vehicle? Locker? Does it say not on carried on persons?

On Smartcarry...

If anyone is actually dumb enough to ask you what that bulge is offer to "Whip it out" but only if they promise beforehand to "Put it away."

Unless you are wearing pants far too tight for a smartcarry or a gun to large for your clothes in it this should not be a problem. Firestar, PPK and J frame have all been carried easily by me in one. I would advise wearing pants with pleats if in an office environment as it helps to break up any outline that may show.

TXHusker,

You might want to review the 30.06 code. Because if you have been verbally told that you can not carry at work you are committing a class A misdemeanor, and run the risk of loosing your license. Or if your employee handbook states what this code section states.

PENAL CODE
    TITLE 7. OFFENSES AGAINST PROPERTY
    CHAPTER 30. BURGLARY AND CRIMINAL TRESPASS

Sec. 30.06. TRESPASS BY HOLDER OF LICENSE TO CARRY CONCEALED HANDGUN. (a) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder:
    (1) carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, on property of another without effective consent; and
    (2) received notice that:
    (A) entry on the property by a license holder with a concealed handgun was forbidden; or
    (B) remaining on the property with a concealed handgun was forbidden and failed to depart.
    (b) For purposes of this section, a person receives notice if the owner of the property or someone with apparent authority to act for the owner provides notice to the person by oral or written communication.
    (c) In this section:
    (1) "Entry" has the meaning assigned by Section 30.05(b).
    (2) "License holder" has the meaning assigned by Section 46.035(f).
    (3) "Written communication" means:
    (A) a card or other document on which is written language identical to the following: "Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by holder of license to carry a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (concealed handgun law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun"; or
    (B) a sign posted on the property that:
    (i) includes the language described by Paragraph (A) in both English and Spanish;
    (ii) appears in contrasting colors with block letters at least one inch in height; and
    (iii) is displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public.
    (d) An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor.
    (e) It is an exception to the application of this section that the property on which the license holder carries a handgun is owned or leased by a governmental entity and is not a premises or other place on which the license holder is prohibited from carrying the handgun under Section 46.03 or 46.035.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

I've been in the auto business for over 20 years but have only carried at work within the last 2 years. I have found that the Smartcarry works the best for me. I carry a Kahr PM9. As long as the pants are 1-2 sizes larger than you normally wear, or they have the expandable waist, they conceal very well. I tend to wear the smart carry a little higher on my waist so that the bulge is behind my belt line. It also makes it easier for drawing.

Oh ya, don't forget to make a copy of the persons license before you go on the test drive and leave it with someone at the dealership. I think that if someone had intentions to do you wrong, they might think twice about it if their ID was left behind.

Here's an idea: When going on these test drives, you have to go get the car out of stock so why not run by your car to get a bottle of water, notepad, snack, etc. and pick up your gun then. That way you're outside of the 30.06 sign if it is posted at the dealership and you're protected during the test drive.

When i started my last job about six months ago, they went on and on for about 30 minutes, during oreintation, about safety and not making yourself a target for robbery.. and finished it with "but don't bring your gun to work!"... Retards.

I think you have to weigh the risks, like how much you make vs getting fired. can you easily find a job making the same amount? Are you likely to get caught?

And sometimes I think you have to choose your battles. If I am working a part time job in a high risk area, (like a pizza driver) id find a safer job instead of carrying because its not worth the legal fees or jail time if I have to protect myself.

Personally I wouldint ride with a customer on a test drive, even with a gun, its just too risky. a gun is useless if the bg has one against the back of your head telling you to flee from the police.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links