Will carry at work despite company policy

This is a discussion on Will carry at work despite company policy within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I work as a sales consultant at an automobile dealership and the link below is to what happened to another one just a miles down ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will carry at work despite company policy

Will carry at work despite company policy

I work as a sales consultant at an automobile dealership and the link below is to what happened to another one just a miles down the road from where I work. My company prohibits me from having weapons at work, but after seeing this story and it being just down the road from where I work, I feel for my own safety I will definatly be CC. See it for yourself below.

cbs11tv.com - Car Salesman Dies In test Drive Along Highway 75
    "If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."

Samuel Adams

2. Remove Ads

+1 my life is more valuable then a company policy
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

If it's not illegal, only against company policy...I think twice about it...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

When you lose a job, it may (or may not) be easy to get another one.

When you lose your life, it's downright *impossible* to get another one.

'nuff said.

Be careful out there! A tough economy, desperate folks. Can you afford to have two sales staff go on test drives?
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

I travel 120 miles round trip to work. No way I am going without. I am not allowed to carry while at work. But my property is my property and they can ask me to park somewhere else, but that's not possible at this time. It's all a play on words and psychological B.S. for most company policies that have little legal means to stand upon. Truth be known, they won't be searching me or my vehicle without local LE and a search warrant. After all, the company is not to be held liable for anything that happens to my property while at work. It's a two way street, and they'll need to respect that, or pay me for the rest of my years at home.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    I had an anti-gun supervisor in a very small company with an anti-gun owner. I worked construction in an anti-gun establishment which was/is improperly posted. I carried IWB my 1911. I worked on top of ladders half the days. My tool belt and hammer tore up my tee shirts though.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    And what are the chances that somebody will see your LCP in a pocket or Smartcarry? Fairly slim to nothing. What are the chances that you might need it? Getting more and more likely each day. I'd carry, it's just not worth the consequences if you don't.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Quote Originally Posted by MilitaryPower View Post
    And what are the chances that somebody will see your LCP in a pocket or Smartcarry? Fairly slim to nothing. What are the chances that you might need it? Getting more and more likely each day. I'd carry, it's just not worth the consequences if you don't.
    Your right, the old saying goes for me, rather would be tryed by 12 then carried by 6! If something happens to me and I have to use it and it saved my life and they fire me, I can always get another job! Unless the ulmighty grants me reincarnation I can't get another life!
    "If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."

Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by MilitaryPower View Post
    Thats why I am glad I have that little pocket gun now! It works perfect for work.

Samuel Adams

What are the chances you'll be able to access your weapon from your pocket or a smartcarry when the action starts?
    (particularly when it's a "hands-on" event which are becoming more likely each day as well)

Quote Originally Posted by JxMxFxPx View Post
    What are the chances you'll be able to access your weapon from your pocket or a smartcarry when the action starts?
    (particularly when it's a "hands-on" event which are becoming more likely each day as well)
    Better then the odds of having nothing!

Samuel Adams

I was facility security officer of a DoD contractor during the first Gulf War. I was in charge of personnel security, classified documents and electronic access controls over the building. My idiot Klansman boss refused to let me reprogram the access control system so that it no longer opened automatically at 7:00am. Right after that, we had a bomb threat. My boss's reaction was to first ask an engineer to search for it (the employee told him to get bent). He then concentrated all of the employees in the lobby without telling anyone why, including me. I found out there was a bomb threat from somebody else. He was creating a mass target for anyone with a phone and an AK47.

Right after all of this happened, I started carrying a briefcase to work. Inside were a Series 70 Colt and a ballistic vest.

There was a real threat, and it was at turns being ignored and recklessly mishandled.

I can get another job. This is the only life I've got.

Sad story about the car saleman being killed. So the perp was bipolar according to his ex-wife, committed to a state hospital in 1994, involved in a similar incident in 2000 during another test drive, and during questioning over this current incident was laughing and joking even though he knew the saleman had died. He saw the salesman bounce off the highway but didn't even stop. This guy needs to be put away. He's a danger to society.

I agree with you, TX Husker Fan. You are really alone when you're out on a test drive with some stranger.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Sausage View Post
    When you lose a job, it may (or may not) be easy to get another one.

When you lose your life, it's downright *impossible* to get another one.

'nuff said.
    +1.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links