orange county calif ccw - Page 2

orange county calif ccw

This is a discussion on orange county calif ccw within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OC is one of the most gun friendly areas of California, and the only "urban" county that is shall-issue for the most part. Kern county ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OC is one of the most gun friendly areas of California, and the only "urban" county that is shall-issue for the most part. Kern county is another populated county that is very good, as are most of the rural counties. Granted, if you live in most of the urban counties, issuance is more about who you know. However the situation in California isn't nearly as bad as most people outside the state seem to think it is.

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    enlighten us non left coasters!

Are you saying you have to justify why you want to get a carry permit with a reason like my wife's ex-husband is out to get me and I have a restraint order on him, or I carry lots of money to the bank from my business? Then you have to get references from LEOs as well?

GOD BLESS TEXAS
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    It'll be interesting to see what happens. I've heard that OC, Riverside, & San Bernardino counties are the easiest in S. California. Good luck!
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

You'll Get It

CNC...........If that was your "just Cause" You will get it. I have used the same just cause for the last 6 years and have never had a problem. As long as you have a clean record and nothing comes back you'll receive your letter within a week. I would recommend getting your initial 16 hour mandatory training course done with Bill Murphy over at FTA. Him and his wife are really cool people. Plus I think they provide BBQ for lunch for an additional $5.00 or so. Last thing, when you go and get your guns inspected at the OC range make sure they are clean and in good working order. I saw one guy have his guns returned and told to go and clean them. He returned after 1600 and found out they had left for the day. He had to come back the following day.
    I am familar with the process and can tell you the does and dont's of when you get stopped by LE. Be up front with them by handing your DL, Proof of Insurance and CCW to them. Do not let them bereate you but don't have a attitude about it either. Some really don't care but others will often ask "why you need it". My response has always been, "It is a private matter that I do not wish not to go into. However, if there is an issue with the permit I would kindly refer you to the PSD (Professional Standards Division) at the OCSD. I appreciate you treating this matter discretly and professionally."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links