Turned the Wife to the dark side

This is a discussion on Turned the Wife to the dark side within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, we have done it. Last night the Wife and I spent a romantic evening on the TX CHL site doing her application. Now all ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Well, we have done it. Last night the Wife and I spent a romantic evening on the TX CHL site doing her application.

Now all we have to do is go try out some handguns to see what she likes and will carry, then off to sign her up for a class.

For some reason it was just exciting to watch her fill out the app, as boring as that can be. She actually seemed to enjoy it, she even made a joke wen she noticed she but down blue eyes, red hair, and white (ethnicity) and jokingly said she's Red, White, and Blue!

Now I'll have to see if I can get her on here to start getting tips and tricks and what not, other than what I have already been feeding her from this site.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Congrats! Another one for the cause. My wife just got her CHL in the mail Monday. Austin must be crackin the whip to get them out quicker as she mailed in her app back on August 21. That's just 37 days!

May the force be with you both!
    Mr. President: They didn't die for open borders.

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier.

Cool
    Now all she needs is a Glock and a user name
    redwhiteblue sounds good to me
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Quote Originally Posted by ASSA9 View Post
    redwhiteblue sounds good to me
    Not bad, not bad at all. I'll suggest that to her.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco

VIP Member
    Good for you and her both. You think she had fun with the application, wait until she sees all the guns she gets to choose from. You think shopping for shoes is bad! lol
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    WTG! Congrats too you and your bride!
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Congratulations…

Any idea on what pistol she wants?

Quote Originally Posted by tns0038 View Post
    Any idea on what pistol she wants?
    No clue. She has never handled a pistol. My Sigma .40 scares her, she thinks it'll knock her on her butt. I told her it isn't that bad and the muzzle flip is manageable. I am thinking she'll opt for a compact because of her hand size and her options for concealment.

I'll be sure to show her as many options as possible, she may surprise herself . I have sent her to Lima's Range Diary to check it out, so she can see you can still look like a lady with a full size gun.

What will be fun to figure out is her carry options more so than what she carries. Homeschooling Mom with 4 kids, hrm...

I am going to steer her away from purse carry, the pistol would get lost in there, I think she has one of my rifles in there but I can't prove it.

SOB may be the best option, with a can't so she can reach it. Obviously I'll need to get her many options to fit her various outfits (not all have belts, etc.). I may have to get her a belly band, since she wears a lot of "Soccer Mom" sweat suits.

Do "they" make a bra with a holster in the middle? If not, I think I know how I'll make my first million $ .

-Paco

Awesome, now for the gun...
    Rule of Honor

Good for both of you. Now you have another reason to buy more fun things for the range, protection, etc.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    I am going to steer her away from purse carry, the pistol would get lost in there, I think she has one of my rifles in there but I can't prove it.
    The purses made specifically for carry have a separate zipper on the side with a pouch just for the gun.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Sweet.. a pistol packing mama is a hot mama!!!!!! Very, very, very hot!
    Randy
    "The only purpose for a pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should have never laid down". -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    Do "they" make a bra with a holster in the middle? If not, I think I know how I'll make my first million $ .
    Get her one like the fembots wear:

Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

My wife just gave birth to our daughter 3 weeks ago and she will be taking the class soon. It is definitely going to be a relief having some back-up and extra eyes.
    Congrats, Paco. It reinforces the relationship when you have more things in common.

My wife, also a mother or 4 home schooled children, IWB appendix carries a Kel-Tec PF9. When cooler, she will sometimes carry her XD9 in a Blackhawk Serpa under a wind shirt or coat. She finds the PF9 much easier to conceal and prefers its light weight compared to the XD.

I strongly recommend against any off body carry (purse, etc). It's too easy to get separated from the gun and very slow on the draw.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links