Not as concealed as I thought...

This is a discussion on Not as concealed as I thought... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Another tip on OWB carry is to place it at 0300 position to reduce grip printing with movement. I just switched from IWB and the ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not as concealed as I thought...

Another tip on OWB carry is to place it at 0300 position to reduce grip printing with movement. I just switched from IWB and the 0300 position on the OWB conceals better than IWB at 0400-0500 but you do need the "slob" Polo look to pull it off.

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Otis
    Good point...there really isn't a benefit to people knowing...on the other hand, the BG's might think "don't f@#k with him, he's got a gun and knows how to use it!"
    Problem with that is if they still wanna mess with ya. They know you have a gun and if they are willing to assault you anyway, more than likely they are willing to pull a trigger. Better to make it " suprise, I have a gun".

owb just doesnt seem to work for me must be the roundness factor

Lead Moderator
    OWB doesn't conceal for me either under a t-shirt. IWB seems to work well though.

IWB por moi. Now, as the weather doesn't break much above 35-40, i simply wear any shirt and a hooded sweathshirt jacket a size large. It does wonderful and even has an extra length to help hide the bulge. This is a 4.25 in .45acp in a Don Hume IWB with a single clip loop. I was out at Burger King today and visited with a freind for a couple hours. When i was preparing to leave i asked if he could tell i was carrying a .45 and he couldn't believe it. He said "I'm glad one of us is" as he isn't licensed---yet.

I carry IWB most of the time .In this state you can open carry but I perfer not to I like the element of surprise. merlin45k out

1952 - 2006
    90% of the time I carry OWB, I prefer it. (I'm 5'8 and 150#) I carry a full size 1911. You just have to dress for it.

I can carry it under a t-shirt IWB no problem.

A few friends and I, who always carry, are always checking each other out for signs of printing. It's become something of a game with us. There is rarely a loser.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    Oh my God, is that a REAL gun??
    No maam, it's a super soaker.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

I also carry outside of the waistband and normally by longer tail shirts such as dickies or longer tail polo shirts. My primary is a SW Model 37 in a Fobus and have never been worried or approached. I have also carried my 1911 in the same manner. I think the key is carrying a firearm you can conceal well and are comfortable with the level of protection it provides, such as caliber.

I also got caught up in the caliber issues at one time and went back and forth between the 45 and .38. However, I found out that the most concealable carry for me which provided the most natural way of carry was the .38. Thus, with this I was able to go about my daily activities without feeling watched. This also comes with carrying for a while.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Otis
    Neither person freaked out or anything like that, people just aren't used to seeing people armed in California.

Key Word: CALIFORNIA

I'd keep it covered if I were you.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle
    One big factor in answering that is what does you State consider branishing? The wrong people seeing it could mean troubles you hadn't dreamed of.
    Yup. In Florida, all it takes is a gust of breeze in front of some gal who hates guns. If she spots the piece and trots over to some cop and says: I see that man has a gun on his hip and it makes me afraid you might be in a peck of trouble. Especially in liberal-land Miami. Thankfully most sheeple are not at all observant.

I split my time between OWB, IWB and a belly bag about evenly. Belly bag usually goes to the mall or the movies. In the other cases, I'm usually made by cops and other CCW's as I always wear the CCW uniform (the ever present "Shoot me first" photog vest).

I'll have to experiment with the new acquisition as I think I may wind up carrying the NEW H&K USP 45 a lot. The Banana Republic vest may be the only thing that will cover it well. No belly bag is big enough and I haven't yet gotten an IWB for this, although I am talking to Sam Andrews about a McDaniel II.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Lead Moderator
    I IWB my USP F regularly. As long as you gt a loose cover garment it seems to work. Alot probably depends on your body size/shape too, though.

At least in MI we have a clause stating if you accidently show your gun it's not illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky
    I IWB my USP F regularly. As long as you gt a loose cover garment it seems to work. Alot probably depends on your body size/shape too, though.

At least in MI we have a clause stating if you accidently show your gun it's not illegal.
    Well, I'm a bit large, but I carry it well. I'm pretty sure that there is some clause in Florida having to do with wanton or negligent display and having something in regards to specific intent. The problem is that an antigun cop or judge has a lot of leeway.

I used to never worry about either as they were in short supply in this state, but public education keeps churning out brainwashed graduates who further their brainwashing in college and it gets WORSE when they carry a badge in an antigun jurisdiction....or go to lawschool where they grow fins in their backs.....

I have a touch of sciatica that I have to watch out for in the IWB, but it's mostly finding the "sweet spot" and wearing pants that aren't too tight.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

I carry a LW SA Champion in a Sparks TK60 OWB covered usually with a untucked button up shirt. Haven't been made yet. If that won't work it's a Kahr MK9 in an Mitch Rosen OWB, holds very tight to the body, easily concealed with a t-shirt.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by rocky

Im sure ive asked before but couldnt find anything or rember but what holster are you IWB the usp with? i have a G-code Kydex that will work out or in of waist band and it just is not comfortable IWB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links