Heightened Awareness? - Page 2

Heightened Awareness?

This is a discussion on Heightened Awareness? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by cobldg I am pretty new to concealed carry. I'm finding that I pay more attention to everything now that I carry. I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heightened Awareness?

Quote Originally Posted by cobldg View Post
    I am pretty new to concealed carry. I'm finding that I pay more attention to everything now that I carry. I seem to be more conscious of my driving habits, things like that. Seems to me that if this is a side effect of CC, it's a good thing. Is this common? It makes sense to me, but it's not something I expected.
    It may be a side effect, but it's normal. Yes, it is a good thing. Unexpected but makes sense? It's a real good surprise in my book. After the initial shock, it should be something that sticks with you. Welcome to the world of concealed carry. Don't forget anything you've learned....it's the foundation you'll need to continue with your building.

With the carrying of a weapon comes 'conscious' responsibility...I would be curious if it were not that way for you...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    It may be a side effect, but it's normal. Yes, it is a good thing. Unexpected but makes sense? It's a real good surprise in my book. After the initial shock, it should be something that sticks with you. Welcome to the world of concealed carry. Don't forget anything you've learned....it's the foundation you'll need to continue with your building.
    Absolutely! +100

And of course for all the others, nice to see so much intelligence in one place
    Rule of Honor

I appreciate the input from everyone. I understand the feeling better now, and I see now that it is a good thing. There seem to be a lot of wise folks here! I am paying more attention to EVERYTHING as a result of carrying, and that can't be bad.

Thanks to all!

Quote Originally Posted by ImChad View Post
    Not a thing wrong with that. I "profile" everyone I come in contact with. When we're on the highway, I can ALWAYS tell you the plate number of every car 10 ahead of me that have passed or I've been close enough to read. When walking into a store, I scan everyone I can to see who is armed and who isn't. Once you've carried for a while, you'll see others who before would have seemed to just have a strange gate who now you know are armed. Its never 100% because of those who carry light or have a secondary container. But, I don't think anyone carrying a medium frame to large frame pistol hide it very well.

In the end, this is nothing but good. If a car anywhere near me does something they shouldn't, they're not going to get away with it. If someone in the store or place I'm at starts trouble with thier sidearm, they won't get far.

I know for me, one thing that I'm less aware of is where I'm at. I use to fear passing one area in Indianapolis because of the high murder/robbery/rape rate there. Now I notice the people, but I'm less concerned with the danger. Something about having a large handgun in your passenger seat helps.

Thats pretty good, I can't even remember my own plate number

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links