Any skiers here?

This is a discussion on Any skiers here? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ski equipment is expensive! Seems like resorts would make good targets, not bad ones....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any skiers here?

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Ski equipment is expensive! Seems like resorts would make good targets, not bad ones.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

2. Remove Ads

DC Founder
    I don't ski much any more, but when I went skiing, even before I started carrying, I wore a fanny pack. One of the most useful pieces of equipment you can get. Carry your car keys, money, suntan lotion, snacks, wax, gun and magazines.

Nobody will think twice about it....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I hadn't thought of a fanny pack, but it's a pretty good idea. It's true that it wouldn't be out of place on the slopes and wouldn't draw any looks there. Couldn't get away with it around town without some fruity comments, but it should be just fine during athletic endeavors. Would probably work while biking also.
    "America is a nation of laws; poorly written and randomly enforced." -Frank Zappa

“Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.” -Denis Diderot

I always carry when I cross country ski. The two best methods; a walk man type chest carrier that I carry a Glock 27 in. I can still get my finger in the trigger with my ski gloves on with the Glock 27, an important consideration. I wear it under my coat in cold weather and wear the chest pack exposed in warmer weather. I have some prop ear phones hanging out of it to make it appear that it is truly a music listening device. It looks kind of retro, but I'm a retro guy to begin with, so it doesn't seem out of place. The other is the ubiquitous fanny pack, worn to the front and slightly left of center. The pack should be as small as possible and yet accommodate the Glock 27, ( or other small frame gun), and not print. My fanny pack has a smaller front packet on it that can hold gum, chapstick etc., which I regularly open, so it looks utilitarian enough and other people don't think twice about it being only a gear stuffer. In the winter back country, you're not going to run into too many animals, just the two legged ones at parking lots or trail heads.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links