Defensive Carry banner

Sheep letter

2K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  GBS 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I recall reading some time ago a email or letter on a fourm about sheep and the sheep dog. Does this ring a bell to anyone? It points out that some of us choose to be sheep while others choose to be the sheep dog. I was telling my wife about this letter last night and I have been trying to find it all day without luck. If anyone has it or can point me in the right place that would be very helpful!

Thanks to all in advance!
Randy

#4 ·
Just to let you know this is a very famous piece of writing in the gun owning, gun carrying community.

#5 ·
The Sheep and The Sheepdogs"

Randy,

The email you received originated (as far as I can determine) was published in a book by Lt. Col. Dave Grossman, entitled "ON Combat". On pg 176, 177, he tells of a conversation he had with a old retired Colonel from the Vietnam era. The old Colonel told him the story.

In essance 98% of the people run through their lives like sheep. Nothing to insult them, but they go through their life taking care of their kids, going to the mall; doing as they wish. They do not think of the wolf lurking around the ATM when the get the money as they often do.

The other 2% of the people are either sheep, or sheep dogs.
Sheep dogs look a lot like wolves to the sheep. The sheep don't like anything with hair and fangs. But, when the real wolf comes around, they hide behind the sheep dog.

So when you go out without your weapon, just say Baaah!

"ONn Combat" can be purchased at any of Grossman's seminars or at Amazon. It is a Most Execellent read..

Hope I helped.

Kurber

#8 ·
"We are poor little lambs, who have lost our way. baaa! baaa! baaa!"
The Yale University Wiffenpoofs (hardcore Gun Guys) :hand5:

Upon an up-close & personal visitation from a wolf, most sheep can only go one of two ways. Find a Sheep Dog...or BECOME one.

(*There are rumors of a secret sect of Tactical Sheep Ninjas...but I have no more intel. They're impossible to spot)

#9 ·
(*There are rumors of a secret sect of Tactical Sheep Ninjas...but I have no more intel. They're impossible to spot)
Because they're the Grey Men!

"Look! There went one!"
"Where? Where?"
"He's gone."

#10 ·
:haha::rofl:
you guys are too much
thanks for the link
I had not read that ,it explains a lot to me about myself:bier:

#12 ·
Good one...I just got it...:yup:...Chapter VII Thou Shall Not Kill...read it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.