I just don't get some things...

This is a discussion on I just don't get some things... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Why is it that some people immediately think I'm the bad guy because I want to carry a handgun? How does legally carrying a handgun ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I just don't get some things...

Why is it that some people immediately think I'm the bad guy because I want to carry a handgun? How does legally carrying a handgun even come close to making me a bad guy? I'm so sick of that argument that it, well....makes me sick.

And what's with these proposed laws of banning concealed weapons? Or owning handguns all together? Who do these idiots think that law will effect the most? I don't think, correct me if I'm wrong, that most BG's take the time and effort to purchase a handgun legally...and certainly don't bother getting a CCW either. So, in my simple way of thinking, a gun control law would simply take the guns out of good people's hands.

How in the world can anybody possibly not understand this??

ugh. sorry everybody..but I had to vent. I'm getting into this later in life and realizing just now how important my right to bear arms is. And how important it is for me to be able to protect my family and my property these days. Enough so that I've joined the NRA and a local gun club.

Thanks for letting be part of this forum and for all of your posts. I've learned a lot the past few days of reading various threads.

Brad

Here here brother, I know how you feel.

Also, being a single male, almost every girl I date and eventually tell that I carry, gets super freaked out. Only a few don't think much of it and I'm in Texas for crying out loud. I can't imagine how it would be if I lived somewhere else.

Don't ask, don't tell...

Welcome to the fight, the ignorance of the anti's is mind boggling, we're up against, bunch of brainless, Kool-Aid addicts. Only thing most of these people can understand is what day of the month their govt. check comes. So work harder because millions on welfare are depending on you. These are the simpletons and their corrupt leaders that want your gun rights, so we must fight on. Hows that for a quick rant?
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Welcome Aboard. The seas are rough and it's not the smoothest of sailing, but this is an American made vessel and as every bit as strong as her crew.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

These are the same people that abhor guns right up to the time they are attacked or disaster is looming. Then they line up to buy a gun and complain if there is a waiting period in place. It is the first thing they try to buy if danger is coming.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Welcome from another Michigan guy.
    It is a mystery. Has been for a long time.
    Welcome to the struggle my friend.
    This is the law;
    The purpose of fighting is to win.
    There is no possible victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental. - John Steinbeck

The problem is the general public has been lulled into a false sense of security that police prevent crime and the fact is police investigate crimes after they have occurred and are not legally responsible to protect anyone.But people who have never had a crime committed against them feel that since they don't go in bad parts of town or use/deal drugs etc. that they won't be a victim,and then again most people don't even think about being a victim because it's just too scary.Then there are a few that open their eyes and ears and know that the only person that can save them is themselves if they are armed.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Preaching to the true believers here, struggle on.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Idiots abound. It is most difficult to protect people from themselves. I generally worry about protecting myself from them...

Defensive carry is an excellent resource with people who are knowledgeable, honest, and polite. I too have learned a lot. Thanks everyone!

Welcome from another Michigander. And your right we do have a lot of idiots around here. Luck for us Michiganders most of them are in Cali.
    Michigan Gun Owner
    Michigan CPL Holder
    Proud Member of The NRA

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Welcome to DC. To answer your first question, why does carrying a gun make you a bad person, the logic is: 1) Guns are Bad 2) You have a gun, so 3) You are bad. Simple, really. As far as why they feel this, they don't believe in evil, at least they don't believe that people can be evil (they also don't believe in personal responsibility). But they do recognize that evil exist, and since people can't be evil, it must be objects that are evil. They see guns as the embodiment of evil. And since guns are evil, they cause all of the crime in which guns are used. From there, well, see #1 again.

Thanks for the support everyone. Although it's not surprising to get this kind of support from this group...it sure does give me hope to see others out there that are like minded and will fight as much as I would to keep our rights alive!

When I initially brought up the subject of keeping a loaded gun in the house and then taking it to the next level by obtaining a CCW my wife told me that she would NOT go with me outside of the house if if I were to carry my pistol. That is so sad to me because it's for her that I WOULD carry a pistol when we're together outside of the house. I would die for her in a moment but doesn't it make more sense for the BG to be on the receiving end of a gun and not me?? I'm going to give myself every opportunity to not be a victim....unlike so many people out there that actually enjoy being victim's their whole lives.

I could keep going here but as mentioned in an earlier post...I'm preaching to the choir. :-)

1943 - 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by skenzer View Post

I could keep going here but as mentioned in an earlier post...I'm preaching to the choir. :-)
    True, but we're singing the same tune as you, amigo.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    True, but we're singing the same tune as you, amigo.

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    The only reason you would want to carry a gun is because you would want to use it...to KILL PEOPLE. Criminals don't deserve to get KILLED just because they had a bad childhood. On the other hand, if you don't carry a gun you can just hand over your wallet and you will be fine.

"Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links