Me and the Media - Page 4

Me and the Media

This is a discussion on Me and the Media within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So transparency is a bad thing? Hmm, I just feel better with all/most of the story and make my own decision. Sam....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Me and the Media

So transparency is a bad thing? Hmm, I just feel better with all/most of the story and make my own decision.

Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGSAM View Post
    So transparency is a bad thing? Hmm, I just feel better with all/most of the story and make my own decision.

Sam.
    If this is directed at me, please explain.
    John

I agree with many that it was not in the best taste. The phrase "too soon" comes to mind. In an article, I read that your response was "that sometimes the public has to be hit between the eyes."

This is something that i'm sure many people here agree on. I see countless posts that say things like "Sheeple need to be raped/mugged/attacked/have loved ones murdered to see the light and protect themselves. It takes tragedy for a person to realize that they alone are responsible for their own protection, etc......."

As a business owner myself, I have done some stupid things that have been less than profitable for my company, so I understand. I also will not blame you for what you did. In the early years of a business the odds of going under are huge. You did something ,that at the time, sounded like a good idea. Unfortunatly, the public did not agree. Whether this publicity will help or damage your company in the long run is yet to be seen.

As was stated earlier, your primary demographic is the home defense inclined gun owner. Hopefully you will get some of their attentions and they will see your product as useful through all the media bashing.

You did apologize and take full responsibility and that is the mark of a good person. Also I feel that you have a pretty good product.
    I may check it out myself.

Everyone makes mistakes and it will pass as soon as the next sensational story gets blown out of proportion.

Hang in and good luck
    -mac

I think the rack needs a deluxe version that has a gun vault style quick release lock over the trigger and reciever. push a few buttons and the cover pops open to reveal a fully loaded ready to rock shotty. Kid friendly sells big time.
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post

I think the rack needs a deluxe version that has a gun vault style quick release lock over the trigger and reciever. push a few buttons and the cover pops open to reveal a fully loaded ready to rock shotty. Kid friendly sells big time.
    Thank you for your words Mac. We have been working with Mossberg on their lock (actually have a prototype), and trying to find other companies that provide something we could sell in conjunction with our device.

John

i want one

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    If you're going to post here (and other forums) you should probably put a link to your company website in your signature
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links