When AARP wants money

This is a discussion on When AARP wants money within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ntkb, that's a great reply! I've saved a copy and will be sending it to them soon. I just turned 50 so I'm sure I'll ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: When AARP wants money

ntkb, that's a great reply! I've saved a copy and will be sending it to them soon. I just turned 50 so I'm sure I'll be getting plenty of their junk mail.
    America: Your government is not ignoring you, it's insulting you.

The Bill of Rights: Void where prohibited by law.

2. Remove Ads

Thanks Andy we all need to do are part to keep and bare arms.

Communication is the key
    I wrote this for another post but it fits here as well I think.

If we all do are part every time we get an opportunity to get some uninformed or anti gun person to think rational thoughts on self defense it will in my belief, turn them to are side. I am not suggesting that Pelosi and her bunch will become are friends, but it has become quite unpopular to bring up gun control issues of late. The gun control experiment is over and it has proven a failure at a high cost of life the sooner we get that message out to non gun people the better.

This is just me, but every time I meet someone for more than a couple of minutes sometimes even pumping fuel, I will take the time to start a conversation it doesn’t matter what is on I will find a way to make guns and the carry of the same the subject in short order.

Just how does one go about doing that you ask?

Example: you are pumping fuel into your ride; on the other side of the pumps is someone doing the same. Man I never thought we would see the price of fuel go down, and this fast. The target person says yea it sure nice to be able to fill the tank without taking out a loan! You both chuckle; yah if Oboma gets in the Democrats will have all the power, I hear they plan to ban off shore drilling first thing! The only reason it came down is because the people were complaining that we need to open up new areas to drill, and the very threat of that happing started the price dropping.

You follow with yah it seems like congress just wants to hurt us, kinda like all the stupid gun laws they want, like the Assault Weapons ban less than one half of one percent of crime is done with one, but they want to ban them; without stopping for a breath; it’s hard to believe that we got the right to defend ourselves and carry a gun back.

Hey do you remember all the whining that was done saying that there would be shootings on every corner, well that never happened but a lot of violent crime went down, the politicians clame it is because their doing a better job, but it started to down right after we got to carry guns, funny thing, Well have a pleasant day. They stand there thinking about what was just said (or not) as you drive off.

A lot of people say so what can little old me do to change the minds of the people? First off most people aren’t anti gun they just aren’t gun people.

It’s no harder than that:

I joined AARP last june to get the cheap insurance for my motorcycle. Since then I have requested information regarding their stance on firearms several times. They always refer me to the Brady Bill and say that there needs to be tightening of the loop holes in it. I request information on what loopholes they are refering to but they refuse to give me more information. I am going to email them tomorrow and cancel my membership and let them know I am joining the NRA.

Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    I am going to email them tomorrow and cancel my membership and let them know I am joining the NRA.
    Sounds like a good plan!
    America: Your government is not ignoring you, it's insulting you.

The Bill of Rights: Void where prohibited by law.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links