Are the Women in Your life Deadly....Accurate

This is a discussion on Are the Women in Your life Deadly....Accurate within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been after my daughter (mid 20's and a beauty) for months to come and practice with dear ole' dad (We took our CHL class ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are the Women in Your life Deadly....Accurate

Are the Women in Your life Deadly....Accurate

I've been after my daughter (mid 20's and a beauty) for months to come and practice with dear ole' dad (We took our CHL class together and received our permits). She's been very busy with college, but last weekend she finally showed with her boyfriend and the sweet little Kahr (MK9) I used to own (before it was confiscated) We are at a new inside range and knowing just how rusty she probably is I let her step up and shoot first, of course keeping an eye on all safety issues. So she steps up, racks the slide (keeping the gun pointed downrange and no finger on the trigger) proceeds to put 6 rounds in a 2 inch grouping at 7 yrds (if I told you it was more like 1 inch 1/4 you'd tell me I was lying). Needless to say I was pretty astonished since she hasn't shot in 6-8 months. But the funny part was looking at the horror on her boyfriends face, realizing he was going to have to followup

How about it? Anyone else find out they have an Anny Oakley on their hands?
    Kahr K9
    Sig P239 9mm DAK
    Sig P229 .40 SAS GenII
    Sig P250 9mm

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    OK, I'll admit it, my wife is a better shot than I am. If she finds out I said that, I'll deny it until my dying day!!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by AlongcameJones View Post

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    This reminds me: It's about time for the monthly pestering my dad to take my little sister (7) out to shoot for the first time. Everytime I see her she asks when she can go.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

My wife is much much better with a long gun but I still do better with handguns. So far...
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

How about it? Anyone else find out they have an Anny Oakley on their hands? [/QUOTE]

My wife's not that great of a shoot, but she can get by. On the other hand. I raised my 3 kids with guns in their hands. My oldest boy's first complete sentence was "Gun pow, Daddy, gun pow!". By age 13my daughter could, and did, outshoot anyone in the family, including me. She was a natural point shooter, and out shot everyone with a hand gun or a SD shotgun. I still like to tell the story about her 1 shot at 35yds with a .44 mag. in front of the whole family. There were probably a dozen of the men from the family out shooting one day in the back yard with my .44 mag. We had a papper plate tacked to a big pine tree, with a black dot about the size of 50 cent peice in the middle of it. My daughter came walking up and was watching us. I asked if she would like to shoot some, and she replied, "Just once". I handed her the gun, and she fired one shot down range and handed the gun back to me, and walked away. Everybody thought that she had missed the target and tree altogeather. When we walked up to the target, there it was. A clean hole right smack dead center. I've seen her shoot at a coke can on the ground with the SD shotgun, and hit it severn out of seven shots. Wish I was that good!
    Y'all be safe now, ya hear!

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
    Thomas Jefferson

My wife can shoot, took her to the range right after she received her LTC. She was smoking the paper, even the range officer was impressed for a 1st timer. Now some days she'll out shoot me, I think she really gets a kick out of that.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Quote Originally Posted by AlongcameJones View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carver View Post
    My wife's not that great of a shoot, but she can get by. On the other hand. I raised my 3 kids with guns in their hands. My oldest boy's first complete sentence was "Gun pow, Daddy, gun pow!". By age 13my daughter could, and did, outshoot anyone in the family, including me. She was a natural point shooter, and out shot everyone with a hand gun or a SD shotgun. I still like to tell the story about her 1 shot at 35yds with a .44 mag. in front of the whole family. There were probably a dozen of the men from the family out shooting one day in the back yard with my .44 mag. We had a papper plate tacked to a big pine tree, with a black dot about the size of 50 cent peice in the middle of it. My daughter came walking up and was watching us. I asked if she would like to shoot some, and she replied, "Just once". I handed her the gun, and she fired one shot down range and handed the gun back to me, and walked away. Everybody thought that she had missed the target and tree altogeather. When we walked up to the target, there it was. A clean hole right smack dead center. I've seen her shoot at a coke can on the ground with the SD shotgun, and hit it severn out of seven shots. Wish I was that good!
    Last edited by AlongcameJones; October 31st, 2008 at 04:49 PM. Reason: This is Carver's quote
    Kahr K9
    Sig P239 9mm DAK
    Sig P229 .40 SAS GenII
    Sig P250 9mm

My mother inlaws oldest daughter of two.

Last summer she and her younger sister asked if I'd take them to the range to show them how to "shoot".
    So I took them to S&W on a slow day, walked them around, showed them various models to just hold and heft and to review the 10 basic rules of firearms safety (which we discussed in detail during the car ride over).
    I then took them on the range and we started out with m 1911 running a .22 top end. Neither had ever shot a pistol before and the oldest had shot a shotgun once for a single trigger pull.

The oldest went second and I gave her one round with no magazine loaded to fire and get a feel for the recoil.
    Bullseye. I'm talking in the X.Okay, beginners luck.
    I have her load three to a mag and go at it again.
    Bullseye. The X no longer exists and it's now a clover leaf the size of a dime. We're shooting crap WWB .22LR thorugh a very accurate Marvel target top end. I figure okay she's a sand bagger and put the target out to max distance.

She goes at it again with a fresh mag of three.
    All three are a thumbnail low of her first hole running in a vertical string.

I tell her to put the gun down, teach her sister to shoot like that, and I'll meet them in the parking lot when they are done. :)
    Her sister couldn't shoot her own foot if she tried. She's way horibe and gave up after four magazines saying she only came along because her older sister told her to do so. They are in their mid twenties.

Since then the older one has told me she keeps her first target hung in her office at work. She's not asked to go to the range since.
    But, girl can shoot and be glad to have her on my side of the street.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

I shot a .22 when I was a kid back in the 70s, but only picked up shooting again a couple weeks ago. Here's today's range work at 25'.

My gun's a Wilson KZ-45. I'm no Annie Oakley, but with guns I like, I'm good. I'm horrible with other guns (Glocks, for example)

Are the Women in Your life Deadly....Accurate?
    In what way? Guessing my mood, predicting the future, or shooting? LOL!
    My woman's name is Judy......her nickname when she's with me at the range is Judith Annie Oakley if that's any indication. This is her target from the day when she committed intentional murder on a moth that landed on it down range @ 50yds!

My wife can hit a fly at 15 feet with a 8'' cast iron skillot good enough for me.

f

My wife is a dead eye with both eyes and hands. She can shoot equally well with either hand and does NOT have a dominant eye.

She shocked my father-in-law (her dad) and I when she took the good old Model 15-4 4" at 7 yards and hit 6 for 6 at pop cans.

Women have much better hand eye coordination then us guys
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

My wife is generally more accurate than I am, but a lot slower. I am working on the speed issue, but don't want to go to fast for fear messing her up. I would rather her be able to hit what she is shooting at than to be able to rapid fire.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

yup, . . . my wife is the same way. I taught here to shoot @ age 18. She shot off & on for a couple of years. I bought a Delta 10mm and she wanted to shoot that, so I let her run thru a couple of mags . . . next thing I know, I look over at her station & I see my 5'6" 108 lb wife take a stance & blaaaaap . . . . she had the 3rd shot down range before the 1st brass hit the ground!!! After I picked my jaw up of the ground, we walked down & @ 15 yrds, everything was within the 9 ring.

That was in 1988. She has had 3 different 45 acp's, but she is still pizzed that I sold that Delta! And I kinda regret it myself. One of the few guns I wish I had not traded . . .
    Every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun. - Patrick Henry

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links