Now my mom wants her CCP thanks to this site!

This is a discussion on Now my mom wants her CCP thanks to this site! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My mom and i were talking a few weeks ago about my CCP, when she asked, "why do you feel like you need to carry ...

Thread: Now my mom wants her CCP thanks to this site!

Now my mom wants her CCP thanks to this site!

My mom and i were talking a few weeks ago about my CCP, when she asked, "why do you feel like you need to carry a gun EVERYWHERE"? not in a rude way but just wondering. i told her you never know when bad things are gonna happen. she dismissed it as whatever and i asked her "6 years ago, when you were mugged downtown, did you wake up thinking you were gonna get robbed?" she said no of course, but didnt really get it.

yesterday, she was at the apartment, i told her i wanted her to read something since she didnt see why i had sent off $100 for my permit. i showed her the sheep, wolves, and sheepdogs article.

she finished, looked at me and said "WOW, that makes a very good point, very true!" i asked if she realized why i will carry soon and she said yes and asked if she can get her permit not being a citizen
    (shes from germany, has her green card, but refused to get her citizenship in case she ever has to go back home to take care of family.)

im so proud, she might actually take this serious now, she loves going to the range and wants to go more now!
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."
    Ted Nugent

2. Remove Ads

Congrats on the making of another individual interested in becoming their own self-defense system.

Can't she maintain dual citizenship? I know others who do...

Stay armed...keep giving her current events to read...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

i asked her about that years ago, i dont remember why she couldnt. but she wanted to vote obama anyways, as embarassed as i am too say it. im glad she cant. she is more worried about palin becoming president than obama screwing up the country......she believes obama will do more good than harm, and she is very anti republican because she thinks every republican is ONLY for the wealthy
    Ted Nugent

jfl
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Congrats on the making of another individual interested in becoming their own self-defense system.

Can't she maintain dual citizenship? I know others who do...

Stay armed...keep giving her current events to read...stay safe!
    Dual citizenship is not recognized by the U.S.A.; you cannot pledge allegiance to 2 masters ...
    A lot of people do not care and keep 2 passports but if you become an american citizen, the US will not recognize your other nationality; you still can use it overseas, but why ?
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

jfl
    Quote Originally Posted by optikal View Post
    i asked her about that years ago, i dont remember why she couldnt. but she wanted to vote obama anyways, as embarassed as i am too say it. im glad she cant. she is more worried about palin becoming president than obama screwing up the country......she believes obama will do more good than harm, and she is very anti republican because she thinks every republican is ONLY for the wealthy
    Don't be embarrassed !!!
    People here gave their lives so that every one could vote as they wish.
    It is called Freedom !
    By the same token, you have the freedom to explain things to her and as you had her change on carrying, maybe you can help her on her political stand.

Congrats to you and to her for being able to understand that there is evil in this world.
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

JFL: while i agree with you, that is what makes this country great, everyone can have a difference of opinion, and vote the way they wish. this is the first time in my life im actually scared of the "other guy" winning president. its always been well if soandso wins we will deal with it for 4 years. im VERY afraid of what will happen if obama wins this one, for my daughters sake.
    Ted Nugent

Good job of helping her see the light. Too often people wait until it is too late then they see why we carry 24/7.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Link to this article that convinced your Mom?
    For God, Family and Country!

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCop View Post
    Link to this article that convinced your Mom?

Ditto!
    It is utterly illogical to believe that passing laws to reduce gun violence will be successful when those who are commiting the gun violence do not obey the law.

Links