Packin' Preachers - Page 5

Packin' Preachers

This is a discussion on Packin' Preachers within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by GWRedDragon Do you have 'good and sufficient reason' as defined by law? Yeah I do. I've heard the story of people coming ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GWRedDragon View Post
    Do you have 'good and sufficient reason' as defined by law?
    Yeah I do. I've heard the story of people coming in and shooting up churches. Not letting that happen to me or those who I fellowship with. Simple as that.
    Protection is a responsibility not just a right.

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Red82 View Post
    Yeah I do. I've heard the story of people coming in and shooting up churches. Not letting that happen to me or those who I fellowship with. Simple as that.
    I figured that was the case, but I would worry when there is something as poorly defined as this is. Basically what it means as far as I can tell is that the judge can decide it is anything they want. Up here in Arlington, that would mean instant conviction.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

It's good to see how many are willing to protect the flock. Keep it up, brothers (and sisters)! And may we never need to use "the rod" to comfort & protect His sheep.

I carry at church in Up State in New York. Only a few other CCW holders know I carry. The pastor does not.
    Ruger LCP, Walther PPS, Buckmark, Charter Arms Undercover .38
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TV-IsoL0Ms Ruger LCP
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sRFsbzQZ6c Walther PPS

Vinnie <>< John 3:16

me
    I do not believe the government can legally take away the rights of the property owner/manager from giving permission to carry there.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    tmilam,
    I can and will guide people on how to live their lives according to the Bible. Then they have to make their own choice (as do I).
    Amen...

If I only use the weapon to save lives (mine or others), I am ready to take whatever heat they dish out. I will go to my maker knowing I did everything I could.
    Ruger LCP, Walther PPS, Buckmark, Charter Arms Undercover .38
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TV-IsoL0Ms Ruger LCP
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sRFsbzQZ6c Walther PPS

Vinnie <>< John 3:16

We both carry discreetly at church -- don't know anyone else who does, and no one knows we do.
    It is utterly illogical to believe that passing laws to reduce gun violence will be successful when those who are commiting the gun violence do not obey the law.

Pastor, Assoc Pastor, Minister of Education, 1 sound man & trustee in training, an 8 member unofficial security group and yes a good number of members too.

So yes I would say so...
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

VIP Member
    I am not a pastor, though I do preach on occasion. I am the worship leader of our church and my wife is the accompaniest and we both carry. I spend about as much time in the pulpit as the pastor does since I do all the announcement, lead the hymns, sing, etc. As to whether anyone knows that we carry, I don't know. Neither of us has mentioned it and since the law places no restriction we do not intend to mention it. We do concerts at other churches within the state and we carry there as well. We do not make a big deal of it and have been carrying long enough not to be concerned about someone noticing.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

I carry everyday but not in the pulpit. I don't want to take a chance in that context for people to get distracted from the reason we are in church by a chance glance. I have several special ops type guys who carry every week in my congregation so I'm not worried.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JohnKelly View Post
    I'd be interested in knowing the size of the church/congregation where the pastors carry. Is it typically big churches or does it vary?
    Our church is about 700 - 800 people. All of our church staff carry. Me and one other deacon also carry. We use the Handgun Carry Permit classes as a outreach program at the church. We have had around 75- 100 church members go through the HCP classes. A lot of the church here in our city think we are crazy for doing this type of outreach program.

Church carry

I am not a pastor (I am a missionary) but I carry all the time. Not only that, I can easily name 6-8 men (and a couple of women) who carry at church. In the words of Mr T, "I pity the fool who tries something"

I am a Pastor with a CCP and I carry generally. I don't carry at Church because of all the hugs people give. My associate and I who also has a CCP are in the process of having at least one person other than ourselves who is trained, armed, and stationed strategically in all our services

Great Thread. I am truly amazed at how many people carry at church.

I have not been carrying at church but I have been considering it for sometime now. I would not be surprised if some in my church are carrying but I do not know of any.

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    I may forget my bible but never my gun when heading to church. I'm on the security team, we have about 1200 people on an average weekend which is 4 services. The staff is about as sheeple as a sheep can get but they understand the need for having armed people to deal with the devil's troops.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links