The CC rush.

The CC rush.

This is a discussion on The CC rush. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok. I've had my permit for a while now and have carried everywhere I'm legally able to since I have had it, except while working ...

Thread: The CC rush.

Lightbulb The CC rush.

Ok. I've had my permit for a while now and have carried everywhere I'm legally able to since I have had it, except while working as per company rules. Am I the only one that did'nt experience some sort of epiphany after recieving my permit?

Before I recieved my pemit, I expected I would get a rush of nervousness and excitement my first time carrying. But, after it arrived and while taking my trip to Wal-Mart, per se, I really didn't experience any sort of excitement about it. My only thoughts were "why didn't I do this sooner" and a few occasional worries that I might be printing. Other than that, it pretty much straight away went to being second nature. Granted, it did feel good knowing that I would be able to ultimately protect myself and others more so than I ever had in my life before, but I never did get that "rush" I read about so often.

Surely I'm not the only one in this boat. Or atleast I hope I'm not, lol. Although, I'm often referred to as extremely laid back or "emotionless", by the people that know me best.

Discuss.
    I work to buy guns. Not really, but sometimes it feels that way..

Nah, you're not the only one. It took me a little while to get used to the extra gear but there was no epiphany as such. Overall a very easy, natural transition.

I've carried for years before I actually got a permit. Arizona is an open carry state, and even if you don't open carry you can keep a firearm pretty handy while traveling. So the big transition for me was just putting the holster on instead of leaving it in the van.

Holdcard
    If You Want To POPULATE Heaven
    You Have To PLUNDER Hell!!

4th Man Ministries

Not sailing solo

Like holdcard said AZ is an open carry state and I carried as often as I do now that I can conceal. Which is everywhere I was legal concealled carry is less of a worry cause i'm not looking for uneducated people to freak out at me anymore.

no feelings at all. i noticed the same dirt bags i noticed before. the only difference is now i turn my gun side so that it is away from them as they pass by.

no rush, no excitement, nothing.

I don't even CARE if you did not get a rush when you first carried...
    ...I'm easy going too...

I never really thought much about it when I started carrying, but then I had looked forward to it for quite a while. Living in MI prior to 2000, one couldn't get a permit. Moved to FL and immediately got my permit.

Heimer...you're completely normal...I was the same way, and I tend to believe many others ARE in the same boat.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

jfl
    Same here; it always bothered me not to be able to "bear arms", so when the license arrived things were "normal" again.
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Nothing new to me really. I had carried around the homestead/farm for several years before I got my permit. Also carried in vehicle for those so-called "journeys" in my state which were allowed. I have however progressively sought and bought better equipment over time.

Lead Moderator
    No "rush" but some apprehension of printing the first few times out.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I did my CHL class, got the CHL and then went to a three day class very soon after ward. After the class it was more uncomfortable not carrying than carrying.
    Bend the knees, smooth is fast, watch the front sight.

The first couple of times I carried, I was apprehensive because I hadn't really settled on a "set up." Additionally, as I suspect many of us do at first, I greatly overestimated people's interest in what I might be carrying. You have to realize that not everyone is walking around with x-ray "cop eyes." They mind their business, and deep down inside, they don't really want to know anyway. Still, I'm comforted by the knowledge that if I'm threatened or attacked, I can retreat and still have a card to play if the offenders won't break it off. Now I feel naked without my CC. Like I walked out of the house without phone, keys or wallet.
    Yes, the world has gotten smaller, but it will always be too big to be ruled by unelected bureaucrats.

I was a bit uneasy about printing. I would ask my wife if I was printing and I kept getting, "you have it with you?" as a response, so I stopped asking.

The Arverni, nailed it....

Links