What is the future of CC? MERGED - Page 10

What is the future of CC? MERGED

This is a discussion on What is the future of CC? MERGED within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by plugugly If, at some point, a ban is made, stating that the second amendment is only for militias, what does a group ...

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: What is the future of CC? MERGED

Quote Originally Posted by plugugly View Post
    If, at some point, a ban is made, stating that the second amendment is only for militias, what does a group of people have to do for the government to recognize that group as a militia?

That one's easy dude... We just need to get gangsta type uniforms, learn a funky march, and swear alligence to Barack Hussein Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by hybrid View Post
    we need to get rid of the damn patriot act too, it infringes at least 3 articles.
    Absolutely. Worst threat to our Bill of Rights since.... well, I don't know since when.
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; November 17th, 2008 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Language.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

Does anyone really believe that a politician at that level has any principles? Obama said what he needed to say to get elected, when in the Illinois legislature, he voted as he was expected to vote in order to gain party support. He has a great deal to lose and very little to gain by aggressively pursuing an anti gun policy. I think we'll see some halfhearted attempts, but the Dem's aren't filibuster proof and I doubt that congressmen from states with liberal concealed carry policies have forgotten what happened in '96.

Ryan (new guy)

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hybrid View Post
    we need to get rid of the damn patriot act too, it infringes at least 3 articles.
    Do you care to elaborate? People trot this out all the time and cannot give a single example of an American's rights being violated.

The Patriot Act is necessary to successfully fight the war on terror and there are innumerable examples of LE using the tools to thwart terrorist activity in the United States and abroad.

Or are you one to wave the white flag of surrender in defense of ideals that have not been sacrificed?

Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    Do you care to elaborate? People trot this out all the time and cannot give a single example of an American's rights being violated.

The Patriot Act is necessary to successfully fight the war on terror and there are innumerable examples of LE using the tools to thwart terrorist activity in the United States and abroad.
    Up until early 2007 (when I stopped paying attention) more AMERICAN CITIZENS by far were arrested and prosecuted under the "Patriot Act" than any other nationality.

Or are you one to wave the white flag of surrender in defense of ideals that have not been sacrificed?
    The problem is that the sheep bought into wholeheartedly that in order to be "Safe" we will have to let go of some of our rights/ideals.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Up until early 2007 (when I stopped paying attention) more AMERICAN CITIZENS by far were arrested and prosecuted under the "Patriot Act" than any other nationality.
    Who? Names, dates, circumstances, results?

I thought so.

The problem is that the sheep bought into wholeheartedly that in order to be "Safe" we will have to let go of some of our rights/ideals.
    No one's rights have been violated. No one has sacrificed a single right. And yes, terrorists plans have been thwarted. Or would you rather see Americans killed.

The liberal/libertarian complaints simply can't be defended under the bright light of reality and war.

One of the changes about the Patriot Act (money laundering section) that ticks me off is that banks are no longer accepting third party checks for cashing or for deposits. I can see it if the third party is unknown but when the third party is your wife, with the same sir name as me it strikes me as a little ridiculous.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

[deleted] before I get in trouble.
    If anyone wants a list of how the Patriot Act has threatened our liberties, PM me.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

Quote Originally Posted by gilraen View Post
    [deleted] before I get in trouble.
    If anyone wants a list of how the Patriot Act has threatened our liberties, PM me.
    Fortunately gilraen I did receive your post in my email before you turfed it. This topic may and should turn into a different thread, but I read nothing that would get you in trouble.

Thank you for bringing back that thing that I tried so hard to push to the back of my mind.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Sponsored Links