What is the future of CC? MERGED

This is a discussion on What is the future of CC? MERGED within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by automatic slim I certainly don't mean to insult any of my fellow posters, but reading comments about Obama being too tied up ...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the future of CC? MERGED

Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    I certainly don't mean to insult any of my fellow posters, but reading comments about Obama being too tied up with other issues, or that concealed carry is a state issue, or that nothing will happen, is downright hilarious.
    As one poster already pointed out, Osama wants a new AWB in the first 100 days of his administration. In an interview with NPR radio he stated he will push for a federal ban on concealed carry.
    Yup, I guess the economy, the banking crisis, the forclosure disaster, etc. will just have to take a back seat to the anti-gun agenda. Gee, I guess the NRA wasn't exaggerating after all.
    You are right on the mark!!! with Reed and Pelosi in power, all Obama will have to concentrate on is signing the bills!! He's as left as they come and his record on firearms speaks volumes!! To think that nothing will change is to have your head burried in the sand!!!
    Evil triumphs when good men do nothing! Edmond Burke
    Where the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Where the government fears the people, there is liberty! Benjamin Franklin

THIS IS THE PRIMARY REASON WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT!!!

2. Remove Ads

me
    Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    I don't see it like the federal speed limit at all. The feds don't provide state CCW funds like they do highway funds so what will they withhold. Are they going to withhold state funding for law enforcement? I don't think that will go over very well at all, and would be politcal suicide. You also have to remember that the interstate system is a federal system, not simply a state system.
    Just like there is no federal drinking age right?
    Yeah they can do it over stuff with NO BEARING

It does not have to pass states rights if the do it "Voluntarily" to continue to receive there federal funding
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

I think this is why EVERY gun owner needs to vote this year and we won't have to find out. Its like this if you value your Gun rights you must vote and ensure a mcain/palin victory.

I think Slim's right.

But even if he doesn't succeed, we CHLers in Colo are in trouble. The state legislature and Governor went from RED to BLUE in the 2006 elections (anti-Bush backlash). It's going to get even more BLUE after this election.

In 2004, the state, with a RED legislature & governor, enacted one of the best CCWs in the nation. In 2006, the BLUE legislature & governor put some restrictions on CCW just to see if they could (they stopped honoring non-resident CCW permits).

Colo state law allows previously passed laws to be repealed after five (5) years. Look for the even more BLUE government to repeal CCW in 2009.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

I would expect obama will try and fail to pass some serious nasty legislation. We've got 70,000,000 Americans who own firearms. We're a nation who was formed with firearm in hand. We're a nation that has proved in the past that we will not lay down and take what is handed to us. The brits had 5 million gun owners and 20% fought hard to keep their rights. That wasn't enough. We've got 70,000,000 Americans with 250,000,000-500,000,000 firearms (no accurate count for obvious reasons) and if only 20% of us fight (peacefully) for our rights, no ELECTED offical would commit political harry noncarry and commit to an all out ban. Many men lost their seat last time they made a move against us.

Somehow, they'll pass the awb but I don't think they'll pass the highcap law with it. I know they won't pass anything for a national ccwb and even if they do I already know three of my congressmen have sworn to not follow it anyhow. I think an all out ban would spell out succession for several states and I'd bet my state would lead the pack.

The government knows we won't hand over or hide our firearms. The last thing that liberal ... sissy... Obama wants is war, let alone on his own soil. He's already said he knows how much we CLING to our firearms and no doubt had the image of my president (heston) and his cold dead hands. Our government knows how much we as Americans love our constitution and our birthright in this great nation. Our military is powerful but our armed civilians are the most powerful force o nthe planet and the world, including our government knows this to be true through history and through reading over these forums as we speak.

I wouldn't worry about anything effecting your right to carry a sidearm. AWs on the other hand are another story all together.

Ammo will get expensive and cost a criminal 10.00 more for their ten bullets they use for their crime and cost us 10,000 more for our practice ammo and somehow this will curb crime. But, thats another thread all together too.

There is a surprising amount of naivete on this board. Several posters labor under the very false assumption that states rights trump federal law. Every law on every book in this country must comply with ONE thing only: The US constitution. IF the supreme court, with newly appointed liberal justices, rule that the second amendment means only militias, not individuals have the right to have a hand gun you can kiss your CCW right goodbye as well as your right to own a gun.
    The 2A and EVERY other thing is only what the SCOTUS says it is. Period.
    And for those of you who believe that Law Enforcement will refuse to confiscate guns are drinking the kool aid big time. Those Cops want their retirement check someday way too much to refuse to follow orders and many of them would also feel threatened by gun owners knowing they're pissed off and not real happy about losing the RKBA. There are are lots of LEO's who feel a lot safer if they are the only ones armed. There is no doubt in my mind that my grandchildren will not be allowed to carry a concealed weapon, and that's sad to me.

Quote Originally Posted by anchor44 View Post
    There is a surprising amount of naivete on this board. Several posters labor under the very false assumption that states rights trump federal law. Every law on every book in this country must comply with ONE thing only: The US constitution. IF the supreme court, with newly appointed liberal justices, rule that the second amendment means only militias, not individuals have the right to have a hand gun you can kiss your CCW right goodbye as well as your right to own a gun.
    The 2A and EVERY other thing is only what the SCOTUS says it is. Period.
    And for those of you who believe that Law Enforcement will refuse to confiscate guns are drinking the kool aid big time. Those Cops want their retirement check someday way too much to refuse to follow orders and many of them would also feel threatened by gun owners knowing they're pissed off and not real happy about losing the RKBA. There are are lots of LEO's who feel a lot safer if they are the only ones armed. There is no doubt in my mind that my grandchildren will not be allowed to carry a concealed weapon, and that's sad to me.

I would venture to say that there will be many LEO's that frequent this site, that will disagree with you on this, and will not drink the Kool-Aid as you suggest. Presuming what might happen in this extreme sense doesn't say much about your faith in this country or your fellow man, especially the LEO's.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by doobie View Post
    Worst: BradyCampaign becomes a political party and enacts their laws. SCOTUS becomes liberal and votes anti-gun wise on all future cases before it.

Let's hope we stop that before it goes any further.
    Dude thanks for that link to "Criminals for gun control" .... I love that video on the 1st page...I'm forwarding it to everyone I know.....

I heard this too...McCain should have made a commercial using this...
    I do not expect much to change in the near future.
    Keep in mind that there are Dems who are against gun control...either they really believe in the ability of SD or they fear the NRA and the voter.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Jaystekan View Post
    Am I the only one who isn't really worried about Obama and ccw? I really don't think Obama will have any effect whatsoever on ccw permits. I also don't really think firearms taxes will go up. The assault weapon ban may come back eventually, but I think that's at least a year or two away. The economy is gonna tie up the Dems for quite some time to come. Congressional elections elections in 2 years are going to scare quite a few from messing too much with state rights issues.

Nope, not the only one. Folks are aver reacting because they have bought into the rumors, hints, allegations that have been peddled by the NRA and other lobbying groups.

I voted for Obama with no worries at all that I will be affected by any type of "new" gun regulations.

Remember what happens to societies who give up their arms. Many died without any way to protect themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaystekan View Post
    ... I really don't think Obama will have any effect whatsoever on ccw permits. ....
    As much as I don't think much will change (see previous post) I don't agree here. Obama will have some effect on ccw permits. Simply the number of people voting for Obama will increase the control of anti-gun lawmakers not only at the national level, but also the state level.

However I still think we are only talking hoops to jump through (in the next 4 years).

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    ...As for raising taxes on guns and ammo, it might happen; but taxing the heck out cigarettes and cigars hasn't stopped smoking. That taxation approach to gun control won't accomplish much either.
    Maybe...and at least not until it hits reloading supplies hard.

Quote Originally Posted by carver View Post
    The Heller decision received a 5 - 4 vote to just barely win. IMHO the Dems. will try to seat another Supreme Court Justice, and retry the Heller case. If that happens then we lose all rights under the 2A. Both Obama, and Biden want to get rid of all legally owned guns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider39a View Post
    ...The new judges that will be appointed in the SC will affect the how future 2A decisions will be made...
    If I'm not mistaken, the 2 most likely justices to go were members of the block of 4, so it would be a wash.

Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    ...Yup, I guess the economy, the banking crisis, the forclosure disaster, etc. will just have to take a back seat to the anti-gun agenda. Gee, I guess the NRA wasn't exaggerating after all.
    In 2004, after Bush won, the first thing he tried to do, in his first press confrence after OH went his way, and he stated he had a mandate by the voters to do, was privatize SS. The reason he won in 04 was not this republician base issue. How did that go? Big zip.

No matter what the canadite finds important, there are issues, like maybe econ and the war (and other issues that shall not be named on this forum) that would provide Obama with a win. If he tried to make his first issue an anti-CCW policy, he will find the political will does not exist, and the issue will flop.

Obama

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    There seems to be widespread assumption that the second amendment must be overturned by a new Supreme Court, or some new laws must be enacted, for gun confiscation to occur. Confiscation has already occurred.

Plus, a president can issue an executive order banning concealed carry. Illegal? So what? That didn't stop Executive Order 9066 from sending 110,000 ethnic Japanese Americans to prison. (Some call them detention centers, I call them prisons.)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Links