What is the future of CC? MERGED - Page 5

What is the future of CC? MERGED

This is a discussion on What is the future of CC? MERGED within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by press1280 I agree, an AWB maybe, but CCW I don't think so. There are too many Dems in conservative districts who may ...

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by press1280 View Post
    I agree, an AWB maybe, but CCW I don't think so. There are too many Dems in conservative districts who may get into hot water if they do too much.
    Just like the Repubs with abortion, they're accused of wanting to overturn Roe v Wade but they never do.
    Just think though, for the next election if anything goes wrong there's no Bush or Repub majority to blame!
    He can TRY anything, just like Clinton TRIED warrantless searches in public housing.

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    Well he's going to get his chance.

God help America, although I think He knows about this...

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dmorris68 View Post
    I've liked McCain for a long time, and I did wind up voting for him, but damned if he didn't try his best to lose my vote over the last couple months. I've just not been real pleased with him lately to be honest, he's not the same man I used to so deeply admire and respect -- perhaps that's just due to the circumstances of the election and pandering to a neocon base, combined with over-zealous campaign managers. But the buck stops with him so he has to take responsibility for it. And to be even more honest, until the moment I walked into the polling station, I honestly could have gone either way. I would have to say the primary reason I went with McCain was in hopes of offsetting the possibility of a 60% Democratic Congress, in which case we'll have a severely diminished checks & balances between the Legislative and Executive branches.
    BINGO!! And I heard that a lot yesterday.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

There's a run on copies of Atlas Shrugged at the local bookstore. Better late than never, I suppose.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

The worse the economy gets, the more CC is needed. Everyone that thinks he wont ban CC, think again. Remember, most people dont carry, so we dont have the majority on our side as far as the people go. I hope Im wrong and Im going to go out and buy that Kimber SIS that ive been wanting. That will make me feel better. Again, im not worried about an ban on guns, just the CC issue.
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

VIP Member
    I am worried about a ban on guns (awb) and efforts to reduce concealed carry/open carry, but what we all need to keep in mind is that a president leads. By himself he can not introduce legislation or get it passed. There likely is not a majority in The House that will go along with these things because they are unpopular outside of the major urban areas on both coasts.

It is never good to vote on one issue. We have numerous huge national problems and we need a president with big time smarts to say nothing of a true understanding of Constitutional law derived from years of teaching it.

There is lots from the last 8 years that needs to be undone, and some stuff that was done where participants need to be charged and tried.

Also, the loser in the race brought his loss on himself with a very very poor v.p. selection. Had he chosen either Romney or Huckabee his fortunes would have been entirely different yesterday. So, I think the election results were what they needed to be. People made a judgment about who would be the best for the greatest number of us, and we should rejoice that things went as smoothly and uneventfully as they have.

If CC were to be banned, would they just revoke permits or would current permit holders be grandfathered in to some kind of super-regulated carry law?

GO HUSKERS!!

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I am worried about a ban on guns (awb) and efforts to reduce concealed carry/open carry, but what we all need to keep in mind is that a president leads. By himself he can not introduce legislation or get it passed. There likely is not a majority in The House that will go along with these things because they are unpopular outside of the major urban areas on both coasts.

It is never good to vote on one issue. We have numerous huge national problems and we need a president with big time smarts to say nothing of a true understanding of Constitutional law derived from years of teaching it.

There is lots from the last 8 years that needs to be undone, and some stuff that was done where participants need to be charged and tried.

Also, the loser in the race brought his loss on himself with a very very poor v.p. selection. Had he chosen either Romney or Huckabee his fortunes would have been entirely different yesterday. So, I think the election results were what they needed to be. People made a judgment about who would be the best for the greatest number of us, and we should rejoice that things went as smoothly and uneventfully as they have.
    And that right there is about as perfect as a statement regarding this issue as it gets. I agree 95%

Study Great Britian and Australia. Beware the registration.....this is how it starts! As for McCain's VP pick, people who know her know better. I like both Huckabee (I'm a former Arkansan) and Romney but these guys wouldn't have changed McCains soft spoken demeanor. I would rather have seen Huckabee or Romney paired with Palin!!
    Evil triumphs when good men do nothing! Edmond Burke
    Where the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Where the government fears the people, there is liberty! Benjamin Franklin

THIS IS THE PRIMARY REASON WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT!!!

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar
    You know I honestly thought that will all the paranoia and buying into all the ultra conservative fear mongering I'd have to stop visiting this site post an Obama win because I just can't stomach the garbage...

I'm glad to see there are a few people here who are level-headed and deeper than one-dimensional voters/citizens. Guess I'll be sticking around since I know I won't be alone here. Thank goodness, I love this place!

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Quote Originally Posted by KevinDooley View Post
    I'm glad to see there are a few people here who are level-headed and deeper than one-dimensional voters/citizens.
    Beware of assuming that grousing about one issue, a self-selected issue based on where we're grousing (here, on DC.com), means folks are uni-dimensional in their thinking.

That said, "fear mongering" is only mongering if it ain't true, or doesn't end up true, or isn't even likely. But, what if it is, on a given issue?

Not 10hrs following the victory, we've got the second-largest "nuke" nation on Earth (Russia) indicating it will absolutely be deploying nukes alongside the Polish border in response to any U.S. or western push to implement any such systems in Poland. So it begins. While rumblings might well have occurred before now, "throwing down the gauntlet" in simple, stark terms sends an absolute message. The timing isn't coincidental.

Medvedev throws down a gauntlet to Obama

By Charles Clover in Moscow

Published: Financial Times, November 5 2008 13:49 | Last updated: November 5 2008 13:49

Russia’s president Dmitry Medvedev on Wednesday became the first world leader to throw down a gauntlet to US president-elect Barack Obama, declaring that the Kremlin would station missiles in the tiny Russian enclave of Kaliningrad, which borders Poland, in response to US plans for an anti-missile system in Eastern Europe.

Mr Medvedev, speaking in his annual address to Russia’s Federal Assembly, also proposed extending the presidential term to six years from the current four, a step which had been proposed under former president, now prime minister Vladimir Putin, who had rejected it.

Taken together the Russian proposals seem to be a provocative test for the incoming US leader, who inherits a tense relationship with Russia following the brief war with Georgia in August.

Mr Medvedev said the deployment of Iskander cruise missiles on Poland’s border was intended “to neutralise – if necessary – the anti-missile system” which the US plans to deploy in Poland and the Czech Republic. It signals that the Kremlin will not deviate from the tough line it took against the departing US administration of George W. Bush.

“I think the decision was made to take a tough stand with the United States, giving no concessions to the newly elected president,” said Dmitri Trenin of the Moscow Carnegie Center, the think tank.

“This [the missle deployment] had been rumoured for some time” said Mr Trenin “I think this is a message to Washington and Warsaw that they’ll be safer and better off if they call off their plans for ballistic missile defenses in Poland and the Czech Republic.”

However, he added that Mr Medvedev did appear to be holding out an olive branch to Mr Obama with the line: “We hope that our partners – the new US administration– will make a choice in favour of fully-fledged relations with Russia.”

Meanwhile, the increase in the presidential term is likely to raise fears among western countries that Russia is continuing its drift towards a more authoritarian political system. Larissa Bricheva, Kremlin spokesperson, told Interfax news agency that lengthening the presidential term would not require a nationwide referendum as is usually required for changing the constitution, but that it would not apply to the sitting president, only to his successors.
    Call it what you will, the prediction of such turns, or at least the suggestion that such turns are entirely possible.

On the economic and other issues of import, we'll see what Congress is able to do. Lead or not, there are certainly a lot of issues about to be set to boil.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

i dont know about an all out weapons ban happening, between the NRA, ACLU and others it will be in court. i do belive there will be an AWB and other tougher requirements, but it changes with the tides. while i worry about CCP bans and firearm ownership rights, am more worried about what will happen when other countries "test" us. i am afraid his want for peace will blind him to the fact that, sometimes, war is necesary for our own safety.
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."
    Ted Nugent

I agree

I Like Sarah Palin but the bounce McCain got from her nomination did not last. I think Romney or Huckabee should have gotten the Republican nomination for president. That said, I don't think Obama is an idiot. He will need to resist the Pelosi/Reid/Frank pull to the left. He won overwhelmingly in the electoral vote but he beat McCain by just 5% in the popular vote so although the pendulum has swung in the Democrats direction, If Obama wants to keep it there he is going to have to move to the center. Also, as the first Black President, he will be under tremendous pressure to stay on the straight and narrow and to be inclusive instead of exclusive as many of the community activists are today.

Obama just flipping off the Conservatives/Republicans/Bitter Clingers IMHO will not be a good move for him the Democrats or anybody else.

Guys I know alot of you think the sky is falling, but the last thing the dems and Obama want is to further divide the country. I think you will see more of a middle of the road administration. Lets face it this is a major issue to us, but there are much bigger fish to fry for the gov't. Fact is this administration can't win a war with us gun owners as long as we refuse to give an inch. They want the guns they will have to come and try to get them. And that is the attitude that we must project, to ensure our rights!
    I carry a gun because cops are too heavy!
    Take my advice, Don't take my advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Conan View Post
    Fact is this administration can't win a war with us gun owners as long as we refuse to give an inch. They want the guns they will have to come and try to get them. And that is the attitude that we must project, to ensure our rights!
    TRUTH!!!!! It can't be a bluff!! We must stand together!!
    Evil triumphs when good men do nothing! Edmond Burke
    Where the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Where the government fears the people, there is liberty! Benjamin Franklin

THIS IS THE PRIMARY REASON WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT!!!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Links