Some Positive News: - Page 2

Some Positive News:

This is a discussion on Some Positive News: within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; congrads to your wife for going to get her permit. and congrads to you for having a wife that is taking the steps to keep ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some Positive News:

wife/ ccw permit

congrads to your wife for going to get her permit. and congrads
    to you for having a wife that is taking the steps to keep herself
    safe in this crazy world.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

Quote Originally Posted by press1280 View Post
    I hope you don't live in NJ if you want a CCW.
    I live in NJ and have both the FL and UT non-resident permits because I do travel through PA, OH, & DE frequently. Some day I hope to escape with my wife and flee to America permanently, if its still there by that time. If you've heard bad things about NJ, the truth is worse. BO is considering NJ Gov Jon Corzine for secretary of Treasury. Me might do for America what he's done for NJ. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Good luck.....

NJ is very tough to get a CCW license in...... you generally need to prove why you want one.

I lived there for 30 years and very few people I knew had a CCW permit because they were all denied. The only people I know who got one was for work - a bounty hunter and a private eye - they had theirs....but I'm not sure I knew any regular citizens who had a CCW permit.....

Quote Originally Posted by Air,Land&Sea View Post
    **** no. How dare you imply that I'd subject myself to living in New Jersey. Your implication makes me cringe with horrific disgust. You just ruined my whole night.
    Gottya. Ignore my last post then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dal1Celt View Post
    I'm originally from New Jersey. It would take an act of God coming down and touching me on the shoulder and telling me to go back. I may still have to go angaist Him. I'm now a TN resident finishing up 22 years in the Army, and might just retire here in NC.

On a side note (back on thread) I'm trying hard to get my wife interested in shooting and getting a CCW, she is a TN country girl.
    Join the club. I left NJ in 2002 and would not go back in a million years. I'm way too used to the big open spaces of Upstate NY now. And even though the politics in NY really stink too, at least I don't have neighbors living up my butt and asking me to follow their stupid rules.

If I want to go out and tear up the earth on my ATV I will do it and no one will stop me.

Or if I want to fire a few hundred rounds from my pistol no one will stop me.

In NJ I would probably be arrested for doing both things.

Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    Gottya. Ignore my last post then.
    It's all in good fun. I'm out about $80,000 trying to turn NJ into a part of America and finally determined that it's just easier to move to America. I hate New Jersey with such a deep loathing that cannot be described with words. I am over it, though, which is nice.
    Freedom of speech does not excuse one from freedom of thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Air,Land&Sea View Post
    It's all in good fun. I'm out about $80,000 trying to turn NJ into a part of America and finally determined that it's just easier to move to America. I hate New Jersey with such a deep loathing that cannot be described with words. I am over it, though, which is nice.
    So why'd you go to a blue state (he said, writing from what's technically a blue state, but mostly red in the middle )?
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

Quote Originally Posted by rmarkob View Post
    So why'd you go to a blue state (he said, writing from what's technically a blue state, but mostly red in the middle )?
    It's a weird dynamic. Many Republicans here have been behaving like Democrats so they consequentially lose. They still haven't figured out that the only way to ensure a Republican victory is to demonstrate core Conservative values of limited government, low taxes and free markets. This is what the Blue Dog Democrats run on and they generally win.
    It gets weird when New Jerseyans move here because of what the Democrat Machine has done to their hometowns and then they vote for the same exact sort of leadership here. I blame the Republicans for this because many of them are weak.
    McCain demonstrated this phenomena over the past several months and the results are pretty clear to see and easy to critique. Everything goes in cycles and the PA Conservative "underground" is already fixing bayonets. A McCain win probably would have just meant more of the same ineffective leadership. The better scenario would have been a Republican running, but maybe we'll get one the next time.
    PA, though, could become Red overnight. Stay tuned.

Libbed out?? That stinks.

Maybe she will be more like you now. By the way, what brought on the change and her wanting her permit?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Libbed out?? That stinks.

Maybe she will be more like you now. By the way, what brought on the change and her wanting her permit?
    Even though she voted for Obama something clicked right after Election Day. Maybe "buyer's remorse" has already set in. I still blame the Republicans, though, for behaving like Democrats. Maybe it's just part of the overall natural order of the universe.

Very cool.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

my wife has had hers for several years. dang it then she preceded to out shoot this old man last time we were out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links