Wally World ?????

Wally World ?????

This is a discussion on Wally World ????? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am just wondering. I read threads about people receiving their CCW and mention I am going off to WallyWorld. Is this a ritual with ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wally World ?????

Wally World ?????

I am just wondering.

I read threads about people receiving their CCW and mention I am going off to WallyWorld.

Is this a ritual with this forum, that once you get a CCW, You shop at WallyWorld ?

If so why ???????
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

I shop Wally World all the time. Not sure if it's some sort of 'right of passage', but once you do it, you'll know why. It's sort of a test, best it can be described.

It's a place most of us go that we can wander around getting used to being in the CC clan. It's a strange and wonderful feeling to walk the isles the first time with a gun and realizing no one knows even though you feel like you have a neon gun sign floating over your head.

Cheapest place to buy ammo, and usually the highest concentration of potential threats. I avoid them at all costs.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

VIP Member
    It is a term that goes way back on the shooting forums. When you get the permit you head to Wal Mart to jump into the deep end. You are surrounded by people, and quickly notice that nobody knows you are armed. The complete tradition is to buy a box of ammo and go shoot the gun when you're done.

Along the way it was merged with another favorite. People like to ask if you should get the CCW badge from time to time. The correct answer is no, you can buy a lot of nachos with that money. So, when you go to Wal Mart, stop and get some nachos (if you have the regular snack bar and not some fast food place now) with the money you saved by not buying the stupid badge.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

1943 - 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mi2az View Post
    I am just wondering.

I read threads about people receiving their CCW and mention I am going off to WallyWorld.

Is this a ritual with this forum, that once you get a CCW, You shop at WallyWorld ?

If so why ???????
    If you would do a you would find that this question has been asked and answered literally dozens of times here.

Miggy will probably be along shortly to post his Wally World map.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    If

Miggy will probably be along shortly to post his Wally World map.
    Am I that predictable????

I guess so.

And we have the ladie's version

You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

First place I carried was in the gas station when I got smokes and gas....and then to Wally World for a few boxes of ammo.

I guess its a good "first dive" since WM is so busy just about any hour of the day. There are lots of people around, and its a good way to overcome the uncomfort (for lack of a better word) of carrying a concealed weapon for the first time. I was fairly nervous the first time carrying, but taking trip to Wally World helped it out a lot.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

wally world visit

no permit is valid until you do the wally world tour.
    ask sixto for applacation to complete your journey
    to the wonderful world of ccw.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

Actually, Wally World was about the 10th place I carried. Before it, were gas stations, Sporting goods stores, grocery stores, and even in the bowling house where I bowl on Wednesday. The bowling alley is unposted, but I know the owner (a friend of mine) doesn't like gunss, so I carry my Colt snubbie in my bowling bag, and put it back in my holster when I leave.

Almost everybody has a Walmart in their town and usually open 24 hrs , so to try to maintain a uniform right of passage, and the fact they are not posted with any no CCW signs It's a good place to share your first time
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Almost everybody has a Walmart in their town and usually open 24 hrs , so to try to maintain a uniform right of passage, and the fact they are not posted with any no CCW signs It's a good place to share your first time
    They actually tried to open a second one here but there was a lot of opposition, mostly backed by a jerky Doctor here that delayed it until WallMart decided that with the economy and all (especially in Michigan) they were going to put a hold on all new stores.

The one we do have here is quite close to my house and it seems like I am there almost every day!

My personal best record is to the store , purchased what I needed, (1 item) and back to my house in 12 minutes. This was on Thanksgiving day. I needed an oven rosting bag for the turkey, needed to get it into the oven before we left for my Dad's house for their Thanksgiving meal so we could have OUR meal later with my mother. Gotta love divorced parents that don't like to be at the same family functions. They are better now though, we don't have seperate birthday parties for the kids anymore.

As far as "The CCW Wally Walk" I have not taken my CCW class yet but plan on doing the walk when I get my permit. They don't have a snack bar, have a Subway instead so I guess it's a 6" meatball sub for me.

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    They actually tried to open a second one here but there was a lot of opposition, mostly backed by a jerky Doctor here that delayed it until WallMart decided that with the economy and all (especially in Michigan) they were going to put a hold on all new stores.

The one we do have here is quite close to my house and it seems like I am there almost every day!

My personal best record is to the store , purchased what I needed, (1 item) and back to my house in 12 minutes. This was on Thanksgiving day. I needed an oven rosting bag for the turkey, needed to get it into the oven before we left for my Dad's house for their Thanksgiving meal so we could have OUR meal later with my mother. Gotta love divorced parents that don't like to be at the same family functions. They are better now though, we don't have seperate birthday parties for the kids anymore.

As far as "The CCW Wally Walk" I have not taken my CCW class yet but plan on doing the walk when I get my permit. They don't have a snack bar, have a Subway instead so I guess it's a 6" meatball sub for me.
    Ted
    Hey, go for a 12" FEAST sandwich. The "CCW Wally Walk" is a big event so celebrate it to its fullest!
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

years have gone by now - and I still need to get my Nachos. None of the walmarts here sell them.

i should have my permit in beginning of dec (sent oct 31st). i will go to wally world, by ammo, no food since we dont have a snack bar or any food place, maybe some chicken strips even though they dont have spicy anymore (dang, and they were good!) and head to the range about a mile down the road from wally world. it helps that my apartment is literally across the street from walmart. i can lock my door and walk in theirs in under a minute!
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."
    Ted Nugent

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links