Fever is Catching

This is a discussion on Fever is Catching within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had to call a buddy today about some personal stuff and the discussion came up about the wife taking her CHL class tomorrow, (of ...

Thread: Fever is Catching

Thumbs up Fever is Catching

I had to call a buddy today about some personal stuff and the discussion came up about the wife taking her CHL class tomorrow, (of course this is probably off since she is in bed with the flu, she will have to take it with me in Dec, when I renew). So anyway we got to talking about guns and I told him that I had borrowed another buddies, (2), 92FS for my wife to shoot during her class. This brought up the discussion of the grips buddy number 2 had on his 92FS and that it would be hard for her to grip it because they are larger Pacmayrs.

So buddy 1 offered to bring over his PT92 this evening to see if she like the grip size of it better. We didn't bother her in bed tonight for risk of spreading the bug. Grip check can wait till later this weekend or next week.

While him, his wife and I were sitting at the bar passing guns back and forth comparing the 92FS to the PT92, and him looking at my PT111, then checking out my Bersa Thunder and him letting his wife see if she like the feel of the Bersa. Looking at different holsters etc. He pops the question.

"So what is the advantage of having your CHL in Texas if I can already carry a gun at home, to and from the car on your property, and at work." He and his brother have an electrical company, so I am assuming he would permit himself to carry. This buddy is one that years ago we used to meet for church down at the river every Sunday morning for shooting sessions. Anyway, this question brought on about 30 or 45 minutes of discussion of the advantages of getting his CHL, and not being restricted but a few places from carrying. And that due to his line of work, carrying at work without a permit would stop at the driveway to the shop or at the door of his truck when he went to a job site, or service call. We went over the costs, etc, and other things along with some of the differences between Texas and Arkansas laws since we live so close to AR and he would be working there fairly often.

So as we walked out to the truck for them to leave he said he was going to think about it and he might consider going to the class with me in December.

BTW, buddy number 2 just got his license in last month. So hopefully the fever is starting to catch and soon I will be surrounded by more friends and their wives all with CHL's.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

2. Remove Ads

I know what you mean. Just in my office of 16 people there are currently 3 CCWers that I know of and 3 more in the application process. Then in our organization there is at least one other that I know of, there are surely others. Another colleague I know, My brother and my uncle x 2 are CCWers too. So, I personally know 8 folks that are current holding their license and three more in the application process. I can support your thesis of growing interest.
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

I'm all alone in my little gun clinging corner of the world. Permit wise anyhow. All of my family own guns from my brothers and sister (all 13) to my mother, father, aunts and uncles. Only one house out of all of them are not armed. However, I'm the only one with a permit as they dont' see a reason to leave the house with a sidearm. I know most of my friends are considering it now seeing that I don't get hassled with the OMGAMWAG nonsense. My best friend keeps saying he's going to get a permit but its yet to happen.

No one talked me into a permit I jsut believe in protecting myself and my family like most of you. However, i had most people I know trying to talk me out of it and treated me like I was a leper for getting it for a while. They accept it now but i don't see many if any of my circle getting a permit.

We need to make the CCW 'interest' grow, there is strength in numbers.
    Congrats of giving the positive support.

Stay armed...encourage others...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    ... to see if she like the grip size of it better. We didn't bother her in bed tonight ...
    If she's as sick as I've been with the flu, I'm glad you didn't wake her up and hand her a gun.

One of the ladies in my office said Friday that she wants to get hers so she can legally travel armed in Texas, Arkansas, and Louisiana (home town is down in south LA).

My wife on the other hand is not interested.

The sad part is that I know walking in Syracuse, NY that I'm probably one of the few who are legally CCW........ I've seen TOO MANY "gangsters" carrying guns that I just KNOW for a fact are not licensed and that scares me.....

Just the other day I get out of my truck and my first step out onto the sidewalk and I see 4 wanna be gangsters, and I can clearly see the outline of a pistol in one of the kids front pockets.....

Luckily they were not out looking for trouble and just kept walking by me with only a quick stare. But I can only imagine how many illegal carriers there are out there in America just waiting to start trouble......

I'd be willing to bet the criminal carriers far out number the legal ones....

And I'd be willing to bet that you are right.

VIP Member

For sure, in NY

Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    The sad part is that I know walking in Syracuse, NY that I'm probably one of the few who are legally CCW........ I've seen TOO MANY "gangsters" carrying guns that I just KNOW for a fact are not licensed and that scares me.....

I'd be willing to bet the criminal carriers far out number the legal ones....
    In NY, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    BTW, buddy number 2 just got his license in last month. So hopefully the fever is starting to catch and soon I will be surrounded by more friends and their wives all with CHL's.
    That's great! We need all the permit holders we can get!

So buddy 1 offered to bring over his PT92 this evening to see if she like the grip size of it better.
    I own a Taurus PT99 (the adjustable sights version of the PT92) and I bought it over the Beretta M9 specifically because of where the safety is located. The Taurus has the safety in the traditional 1911 location and the Beretta has it mounted up on the slide. I just can't reach the slide mounted safeties without shifting the gun in my hand so I went with the Taurus and I have never has a single problem of any kind with it.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

My wife is getting her permit in the next few weeks.

I got my leather supplier and all the workers are taking their class in November (6 people). There is a huge surge in permit classes and permit holders over the next 6 months at least.

People are waking up.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

I recently submitted my ccw permit application and im sitting here ready to pull my hair out! LOL Its only been a month and a half and they say it can take anywhere between 3-6 months (NY) BUT... In the meantime I have gotten 4 others to get their permit applications too!!!

Links