My Wife may be converting her Sister

This is a discussion on My Wife may be converting her Sister within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Many of you know that my Wife has recently started the process for getting her CHL and is excited about it. Off and on during ...

Thread: My Wife may be converting her Sister

My Wife may be converting her Sister

Many of you know that my Wife has recently started the process for getting her CHL and is excited about it.

Off and on during her conversion she has been talking to her Sister about it, I think more to comfort her Sister's concerns than to convert her. Well today I was at their house for their 1 year old's BDay party and I was disarmed (locked in the minivan console). My Sister In-Law was going to take my van and some of the kids to a park, so I asked her to step outside so I can talk to her. I told her where my pistol was and that it was locked. I told her I wanted her to be aware of it in case she had to get in there for Kleenex or something, so she wouldn't be freaked out. I explained that it was loaded, but safe as long as she kept her finger off the trigger (S&W Sigma .40).

All of that is fine and good and she just kept it locked, the cool part is when I explained to her if its presence she then said "It's kind of comforting to know its there."

I think she is coming around, slowly but still in forward motion.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

2. Remove Ads

sweetness... let us know how it goes!
    Protection is a responsibility not just a right.

what if...

What if the cops discovered the gun during a traffic stop? Wouldn't she get busted for carry concealed without a permit?

Why didn't you just take the gun out and put it on if she was taking the van...or put it on and go with them?

What am I missing?
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by larefugee View Post
    What if the cops discovered the gun during a traffic stop? Wouldn't she get busted for carry concealed without a permit?
    I'm pretty sure in Texas you don't need a permit to carry concealed in a vehicle.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

In TX the Castle Doctrine covers concealed carry in the car and your place of business and in between. She was in my car with my permission and is legal to posses a firearm.

I didn't put it on because it generally freaks her and her Husband out, but she was cool with it in the van, she might be slowly coming around.

I didn't go because I didn't want to go look at planets and meteors.

I think the fact that her Sister (my Wife), her Mom and her Dad are all getting their CHL. Her oldest Brother already owns a Sig .45 and has talked about getting his CHL, is what might be making her come around and see that most people who own guns aren't freaks.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

That's good news about your sis-in-law. Baby steps.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Links