Anyone Notice Gun Prices Raising Yet??? - Page 2

Anyone Notice Gun Prices Raising Yet???

This is a discussion on Anyone Notice Gun Prices Raising Yet??? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My local gunshop stated that they were going to raise prices if Obama were to win, This was on Fri. I called ProForce (formally Davidson's) ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Notice Gun Prices Raising Yet???

My local gunshop stated that they were going to raise prices if Obama were to win, This was on Fri. I called ProForce (formally Davidson's) They told me that they didn't expect to see prices rise unless a ban had actually started.

If the demand goes up faster than supply the price will follow..

But just in case I went ahead and ordered a S&W MP&15T, It helped with my depression over the election..my wife told me I should of just had some ice cream. I told her it's not the same..
    "Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion..in private self defense." John Adams

I was at the Wannamacher Gun Show today and counld NOT find a AR under $1000. So, I bought a DPMS lower and a flat top and got a brand new AR for under $700.
    God Bless America!!

I haven't been shopping for one since the election and the pandemic. I wouldn't know actually. I'll probably find out first hand at this coming weekend's gun show here.

I was in a gun shop this evening with a LEO friend who was buying an AR for patrol duties. He called a few days ago and they had a variety of AR's but pickens were slim tonight. He ended up with a M&P 15X for i think $1129. I figure that is basically the same price I paid for my M&P 15A being as mine does not have picatinny rails and I paid $1015 2 years ago. I have noticed ammuntion prices rising significantly in a matter of the past week or two.

A little off topic but does anyone think picatinny rails could make their way onto a new AWB?
    The Second Amendment ...... Because crime SHOULD be a hazardous occupation.

If you want to piss off a conservative, lie to him.
    If you want to piss off a liberal, tell him the truth.

jfl
    Glock mags (standard capacity) went up $14 at CDT last week and came down $8 a few days later !
    Another few weeks and we'll get back to normal ... for a while
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

I dont think my local shop has increased their prices although the owner said the distibuters had increased some of their prices.
    Benjamin Franklin once said, "he that would supplant a little liberty for a little safety deserves neither".

Question

I can understand some concerns over what the new administration may do about gun laws. There's already a house bill pending limiting magazine capacity and as always "assualt weapons" (how ever you define them). And the next president has also said he would like to ban all state concealed carry laws. How far Congresswoman Murphy, D-NY, Polisi, Reid and the new president can change the laws as we know them, is anyone's guess. If you google "obama, npr, audio, concealled carry you can listen to his statement about the state laws. I've noticed a few on this thread sounding as if there is nothing to worry about. Is there?

I got the okay to post the link. So, for those of you that haven't seen it, here it is.

AR15.COM :: Forums :: The Post Election Retailer/Wholesaler "Who's Who" List

-Jeff-

VIP Member
    I went to a gun show today in Shreveport LA and noticed that Romanian AK's were priced at $530, I had normally been seeing them priced at around $430 PPO (PPO = Pre-Pres.Obama)

The crowd was surely bigger than normal, the sellers looked busy, I'm sure it was a good day for them. However I didn't really see any panic buying, hoarding or price gouging, though some guns, like the AK, were probably marked up.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

I talked to the owners of my local gun shop today. Their prices haven't gone up they're actually having a sale! However the owner told me he used to be able to order a hundred AR-15 rifles at a time. He has now been limited to two after current stock of AR-15s are gone?! Good thing I already got mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Superhouse 15 View Post
    We haven't raised prices, but you can't find an AR receiver or 30 round magazine anywhere. We have only one AR left in the shop, one AMD65, and a couple of SKSs. We have been packed since the election and I've seen more first-time buyers than ever before. The demand is so great, the prices can't go anywhere but up.
    Just went to local gun store and they have mountains of AR and AK 30 round magazines, but they are all now $40 a piece and the crowded gun store was selling them quickly when I was there.
    "If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."

Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    I went to a gun show today in Shreveport LA and noticed that Romanian AK's were priced at $530, I had normally been seeing them priced at around $430 PPO (PPO = Pre-Pres.Obama)

The crowd was surely bigger than normal, the sellers looked busy, I'm sure it was a good day for them. However I didn't really see any panic buying, hoarding or price gouging, though some guns, like the AK, were probably marked up.
    WOW, I paid for Romanian $165 6 years ago.

Prices around here are fairly stable. The least friendly gun store is selling quite a bit of handguns and ARs. Not usual for him.

I think the biggest price increases are now in ammo and that trend will continue. Without ammo I will have some fine wall decorations.

This past weekend we had a gun show that was at least 3X as busy as it has been the past two years and people were buying.

Cool

SCfromNY. Remember, metals prices (all of them) have been climbing for the last 3 or 4 yrs. Some dramatically. Add the additional cost of transportation lately, it's understandable that ammo prices going up.

I'm thinking that Congress might have to hold hearings over these windfall profits that the black gun manufacturers are posting. We need a fairness tax on that, Maobama!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links