Anyone Notice Gun Prices Raising Yet???

Anyone Notice Gun Prices Raising Yet???

This is a discussion on Anyone Notice Gun Prices Raising Yet??? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm not sure if this should go here so please move if needed ok. I saw something in a news report showing guns flying off ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Notice Gun Prices Raising Yet???

Angry Anyone Notice Gun Prices Raising Yet???

I'm not sure if this should go here so please move if needed ok.
    I saw something in a news report showing guns flying off shelves do to idiots voting a commie into the white house. I also read somewhere that this huge buying surge is causing gun prices to raise anywhere from 30% upto 300% if ya can believe that. I've not been in a shop for awhile due to family sickness and funerals having me broke and haven't had a chance to check it myself. So is there any truth to what I heard or just hog wash? If it is true I'll be needing to grab a few things before they're to expensive for us "po folk" to be able to afford. Hopefully you guys who work in gunstores like Lima will tell me it's all just a media brain fart or something. I'll cross my fingers now and hope.
    "Fear is nothing more than an emotional response to the perception of danger coupled with the belief that I can't handle it."
    "If you change that belief to 'I can handle it', you'll no longer experience FEAR. You'll simply see what you are facing is a challenge... an opportunity to test yourself.

I was in a gunshop yesterday and they marking up AR's $300. Said prices were going up everywhere because of demand.
    Be not far from me, for trouble is near; For there is none to help. psalm22:11

Went to my local gun shop yesterday to check out this particular point...the prices seem to be about the same.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Supply and demand. Demand up slightly so I've seen a slight (10% tops) increase in price of EBRs. Other than that, nothing much.

Ban or no ban, the current rush to buy will pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoozyerdaddy View Post
    I'm not sure if this should go here so please move if needed ok.
    I saw something in a news report showing guns flying off shelves do to idiots voting a commie into the white house. I also read somewhere that this huge buying surge is causing gun prices to raise anywhere from 30% upto 300% if ya can believe that. I've not been in a shop for awhile due to family sickness and funerals having me broke and haven't had a chance to check it myself. So is there any truth to what I heard or just hog wash? If it is true I'll be needing to grab a few things before they're to expensive for us "po folk" to be able to afford. Hopefully you guys who work in gunstores like Lima will tell me it's all just a media brain fart or something. I'll cross my fingers now and hope.

This is the average gunstore owner taking advantage of the unfounded rumors due to the events of this past week... I cannot blame them when every person that walks is ask if the new president elect is going to ban guns.... they see CHA CHING!

The same articles have been running in our local paper as well.

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    I went to a local shop a day after the election. They were selling AR's and AK's as fast as they could unbox them, but prices seemed typical.
    Buds Gun Shop sent me an email for a mil-spec AR for $699.00 and Cheaper Than Dirt was featured on a news story in which they said they had been selling $100,000 worth of guns daily since the election, while in Colorado they conducted over 1500 background checks in a single day.
    No doubt sales are up, but prices are about the same as long as distributors have a supply.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

There's a very good thread about this over at arfcom. I don't want to post the link in case it violates any forum rules here. If a mod tells me it doesn't, I'll gladly post the link.

-Jeff-

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    I have been to several stores in the last week. Prices were the same but ARs and AKs were all sold out.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Prices

We haven't raised prices, but you can't find an AR receiver or 30 round magazine anywhere. We have only one AR left in the shop, one AMD65, and a couple of SKSs. We have been packed since the election and I've seen more first-time buyers than ever before. The demand is so great, the prices can't go anywhere but up.

Prices seem to be about the same, but supply seems to be showing some wear.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

I have been spending a LOT of time in gun shops the last few months. I have seen a large increase in the number of people making purchases everywhere I have been and the availability of many guns shrinking...especially AR types. I went to a gun show yesterday and several vendors were talking about how difficult it was to get specific models of AR rifles. They said the less popular models were still plentifull...for now anyway. As far as prices, most seem to be rather stable.
    SA 1911 9mm, Ruger LCP, EMP9, M&P45, LWRC 6.8SCP

Semper Fi...

No significant increase here, maybe 5% at most.

Small increases here

I can understand small increases mostly due to prices of new lots of materials for base manufacturing materials. That has plagued all industries lately. However If I walked into a shop with 20% or better mark up over msrp I will walk out and wait for a back order from a reputable dealer who deserves my money for not being greedy. With the internet being what it is comparison shop before you buy. If you are really scared and want it in your hands now.... your gonna have a hard time.

I walked in this gun shop near my house, the was Bersa .38 for $320 I thought it was over priced a bit, so I offered $290 and the dealer said "we don't discount our guns", so I walked out.

I lucked out and got my AR-15 about a week & a half before the election, because I pretty much knew what was going to happen.

I ended up with a DPMS Sportical that I got for $625 off of Guns America. I called the shop I bought it fromlast Friday to inquire about stock for a friend of mine who wanted to buy one the guy told me that they sold out the day after the election. he also told me that the distributor was out of stock on ARs and did not know when they would have more....

So the Sportical rests in the safe, right next to the Colt Delta Match H-Bar I bought just before Clinton was elected.....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links