Life in the 40's

This is a discussion on Life in the 40's within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by gilraen Do you carry anything non-lethal that you can use, if you think you don't need to shoot, but you want to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Life in the 40's

Quote Originally Posted by gilraen View Post
    Do you carry anything non-lethal that you can use, if you think you don't need to shoot, but you want to get someone out of your face? I've seen remarks by others here that this is a pretty good idea....
    For close in non-lethal work, the application of a beard rub is RamRod's preferred method.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
    Hard to tell Ram Rod, but it looks like a more supportive belt might go better with those two pistols. Say a Wilderness 1.5 frequent flyer's Instructor belt.
    I agree...but whatver works for him, right.

You look like a bad dude RamRod. I guess you don't need spare mags when you're packin 2 guns? I'm not a Glock fan...but I bet you've got about 30 rounds total in those two pistols.

Just a thought...I wonder how it would be reported(not that it really matters) if a civilian with multiple guns got in a shootout. Are there any instances of that anyone can remember in the news?
    Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

Quote Originally Posted by nn View Post
    I retired at 43, it was good.
    I retired at 47. Ex US Postal worker, and DAV. The wife took a medical retirement form the US Postal Service at age 42. I'll be 60 next month. Sometimes life is great! Sometimes it hurts!
    Y'all be safe now, ya hear!

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
    Thomas Jefferson

Hey Ram Rod,

A tougher belt might cut the sagging, but there is a LOT of weight on that strip of leather ().

Your pic reminds me of the guys in the parking lot that I KEEP my eyes on...

I'd say that you certainly have enough fire power with you.

Take care...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Nice to put a face to a name RamRod! Actually, you look pretty much like I thought you would; Well, I pictured you with a crew cut and clean shaven and wearing a three piece suit, but otherwise...
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

I carry a Kimber UC II.45 with out any problems with the weight in either a IWB holster or a sholder holster, but sometimes (depending on how I dress) I will carry a Sig .380 in my inside vest pocket. I like the Idea of one of those Beltsters but I have not seen one other than in photes. AND I am very over 40... Rember growing old is NOT for sissies

Do you carry anything non-lethal that you can use, if you think you don't need to shoot, but you want to get someone out of your face? I've seen remarks by others here that this is a pretty good idea....
    I'll say he does....that look on HIS face...
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
    Hard to tell Ram Rod, but it looks like a more supportive belt might go better with those two pistols. Say a Wilderness 1.5 frequent flyer's Instructor belt.
    I'll take that into consideration. I was thinking that after I looked at the pics myself. It takes an objective opinion once in a while, because I can't actually feel them sagging. Plus, I think I need to punch another pair of holes in this belt...especially for OWB carry! Thanks.

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    I find at 48 my frontsight has all this fuzzy stuff on it.

Reminds me of the guy that told his wife when she turned 40 he would trade her for two 20s. She told him, "Honey, you ain't wired for 220."

In my 20's I dated a woman in her early 40's and in my 40's I dated a woman in her late 20's.

Both were of short duration, about 6 months and I learned alot from both.

So the 40's are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Well, the 40's aint so bad. I'm in my 40's (age), I like my 40's (G22 and G27), it's 45 here today (jacket cover weather). What's it all got to do with concealed carry you ask? Well, the little woman and I went on one of our weekly shopping trips today. Yes...Wal Mart was involved in the itinerary. But I got this silly notion today that I'd sort of celebrate some of this fine fall weather and my need to wear a jacket. It's also raining here, but that doesn't bother me other than a range trip will be out of the question for a few more days. If you get any ideas from this post, then it's a good thing. My G22 rides in an Ahern three slot pancake, and my G27 is nestled very comfortably cross draw in my Mitch Rosen upper limit express holster. I put the keys in one jacket pocket, and the cell phone in the other....this helps to weight the pockets down enough where a gusty wind won't blow open my conceal jacket. I hardly ever zip up the front of any jacket I wear anyway. Enjoy.

I like the old FBI method for keeping my jacket weighed down.

All of my jackets are now weighed down with 00 buck ,lead pellets. Just take a sharp knife and cut a small slit on the inside of the hem at the bottom sides of your jacket/shirt.raincoat, etc.. Slip in 8-10 buckshot and put a drop of superglue on the slit. (Much quicker than thread.)

Works like a charm.

Kev

Until that younger woman gets tired of the old man and goes out to find a young one.
    Having married a younger woman 13 years ago, maintaining her interest and loyalty is truly a pleasure for both, eliminating any of the risk you mention....

You definitely look like someone I wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley, Ram Rod.
    Heck yeah! I was so scared that I even reached for my weapon!
    Can I borrow your ladder?

Cool

Well, at sixty-nine and with a little bit of a belly (not that much) the belly tries to bush down my waistband. Add my 1911 or my XD9 and the further down my waistband goes. I just bought the Kahr CW9 (15+ounces & less than an inch thick) and two inside waistband holsters. One without a thumb break and one with since at times I ride a motorcycle and don't want to take the chance of the gun slipping out of the holster and I would never know.

Sure visual sign of someone carrying? Constantly touching the area of your clothes with the gun and constantly hiking up you pants.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links