Life in the 40's

This is a discussion on Life in the 40's within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, the 40's aint so bad. I'm in my 40's (age), I like my 40's (G22 and G27), it's 45° here today (jacket cover weather). ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Life in the 40's

Life in the 40's

Well, the 40's aint so bad. I'm in my 40's (age), I like my 40's (G22 and G27), it's 45° here today (jacket cover weather). What's it all got to do with concealed carry you ask? Well, the little woman and I went on one of our weekly shopping trips today. Yes...Wal Mart was involved in the itinerary. But I got this silly notion today that I'd sort of celebrate some of this fine fall weather and my need to wear a jacket. It's also raining here, but that doesn't bother me other than a range trip will be out of the question for a few more days. If you get any ideas from this post, then it's a good thing. My G22 rides in an Ahern three slot pancake, and my G27 is nestled very comfortably cross draw in my Mitch Rosen upper limit express holster. I put the keys in one jacket pocket, and the cell phone in the other....this helps to weight the pockets down enough where a gusty wind won't blow open my conceal jacket. I hardly ever zip up the front of any jacket I wear anyway. Enjoy.

2. Remove Ads

You definitely look like someone I wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley, Ram Rod. So I guess that's a *good thing.* Looks like you're ready for just about anything.

Do you carry anything non-lethal that you can use, if you think you don't need to shoot, but you want to get someone out of your face? I've seen remarks by others here that this is a pretty good idea....
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    At 42 I find it easier carrying a lighter gun and dating a younger woman. My knees have never felt better.

Quote Originally Posted by Siafu View Post
    At 42 I find it easier carrying a lighter gun and dating a younger woman. My knees have never felt better.
    That's priceless!

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    That's priceless!
    Until that younger woman gets tired of the old man and goes out to find a young one.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

You forgot the..."My truck won't go over 40"

-Jeff-

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    What, no knife? Tsk, tsk, tsk. Can you effectively reach the 27? I will say that your outfit looks good ;). I never wear a pistol on my belt weak side (pocket only), but I have often thought about it.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

I was born in 1943 and what I remember about life in the 40's is.............uh, wait a minute here, senior moment!!

In that 3rd pic you kinda favor...

Curly Bill (Powers Booth) in the movie Tombstone
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

VIP Member
    I retired at 43, it was good.

Senior Member Array AZ Desertrat's Avatar
    Yup.....it is good to carry something a little lighter as you get older......I am down to a snubbie now at age 56!!!
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government--lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." --Patrick Henry

USCG Veteran
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by gilraen View Post
    You definitely look like someone I wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley, Ram Rod. So I guess that's a *good thing.* Looks like you're ready for just about anything.

Do you carry anything non-lethal that you can use, if you think you don't need to shoot, but you want to get someone out of your face? I've seen remarks by others here that this is a pretty good idea....
    I seldom venture down "dark alleys", so nothing to worry about. Non-lethal? Me and my 31" arm extension, two legs...either of which are willing and able to leave the ground at a moment's notice.

Quote Originally Posted by gilraen View Post
    Until that younger woman gets tired of the old man and goes out to find a young one.
    Won't be happenin' here. the young uns got nothin' on me.

Quote Originally Posted by BeefyBeefo View Post
    You forgot the..."My truck won't go over 40"

-Jeff-
    Only Fords I ever drove were company vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by MilitaryPower View Post
    What, no knife? Tsk, tsk, tsk. Can you effectively reach the 27? I will say that your outfit looks good ;). I never wear a pistol on my belt weak side (pocket only), but I have often thought about it.
    Funny you mention that. I can actually (and very effectively) draw that weak side/cross draw G27 with my weak hand if needed. I actually practice that, and I can sweep the cover garment and draw in one swift stroke!

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    In that 3rd pic you kinda favor..Curly Bill (Powers Booth) in the movie Tombstone
    Is that a good thing? Or a bad thing? I'm not sure really. Don't want to make the wrong impression ya know.

I'am 63 and hurting with bad knees, but still carry Les Bear 5''. Keep on trucking.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Quote Originally Posted by nn View Post
    I retired at 43, it was good.
    I retired 4 months before my 40th Birthday, so I can say I never worked in my 40's. Unless I get a job in the next 5 weeks.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Belt

Hard to tell Ram Rod, but it looks like a more supportive belt might go better with those two pistols. Say a Wilderness 1.5 frequent flyer's Instructor belt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links