Defensive Carry banner

Got the OK

960 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  starshooter231 
#1 ·
I talked to my fiancee the other day and asked/told her that I was planning on taking the CCW class next month. She said that was fine with her. I was hoping she wouldn't have a problem with the cost since we are saving for the wedding next May.
She seemed to be OK with it and even mentioned the article that the local paper ran about the increase in sales of guns with the Democrats in control.
Living in Michigan I figure if TSHTF it will probably start here when GM packs up. We already are way ahead of the rest of the country in unemployment and it's not going to get better for a long time.

Anyways I am printing out an application for the CCW class and sending it in tonight. Hopefully the December class is not full yet.

Ted

#3 ·
Great news! Sounds like she is a little intrested too, should try to get her to take the class with you. My wife and I took our class together, now we shoot together, hunt together, fish together and best of all......get new toys together!

#6 ·
Good luck with the class.
I lived and worked right down 25...retired in '99.

Stay armed...as a couple is better...stay safe!

#7 ·
Do ask her to join you in the class. A few extra bucks but well worth the effort and expense. Have her get her CCW and she'll choose whether or not she is inclined to buy/carry her own. At the very least, she'll be more knowledgeable about firearms . It's going to get nasty out there. Being prepared is just prudent.

#8 ·
Congratulations. The more of us who are law abiding citizens and packing the harder time a voter conscious politician has trying to disarm us.

Also, as some of the members are saying its good to get her a permit too even if she doesn't plan on packing. My wife refuses to get hers and I almost always have a firearm in the safe in my vehicle too. So, she's either got to remove my secondary sidearm or not use my vehicle. If she forgets and gets pulled over it could mean trouble if a leo wanted to push it.

Also, if in the event S does in fact HTF and you're disabled, she's got legal recourse if she's go to use your firearm to protect herself outside the home.

#9 ·
I just recently moved to Colorado from Chicagoland :)danceban:). The guy who tought my class offers it free for girlfriends/wives if the guy pays (which I thought was excellent). When I took the class by myself, I explained to him that I would like my girlfriend to get her permit as well, but she hadn't moved here yet. He said, "No problem, just give me a call when she gets in town and we'll get you both into another class together at no charge. This way, she won't be alone." I was shocked! I think she might eventually carry, but she definitely wants to get her permit either way (gosh, I love this girl!). What an excellent way to run a CCW class. :congrats:

-Jeff-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.