Illinois CCW Opinion Poll Results - Page 2

Illinois CCW Opinion Poll Results

This is a discussion on Illinois CCW Opinion Poll Results within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I used to live in Chicago but moved to the south suburbs. Not the best but at least I can have handguns now. Next move ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Illinois CCW Opinion Poll Results

I used to live in Chicago but moved to the south suburbs. Not the best but at least I can have handguns now. Next move whenever the housing crisis is over: Indiana.
    Mossberg 500A
    Savage 93R17 FV
    Ruger P95DC

I do not remember the name of the movie but there was a group trying to make a decision and the leader called for a vote:

All in favor of doing . . . . Everyone except the leader votes yes!

All oppossed . . . The leader votes oppossed!

Motion defeated.

Until the political machine is defeated things will remain the same.

Administrator
    Whats this? Crazy Chicago politicans drunk on power? Who would have thought there was such a thing.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by BeefyBeefo View Post
    He'd laugh at it. Then, he'd wizz on it.

-Jeff-
    Daley don't need a gun as he has bodyguards that are armed protecting him..now Daley has a friend in white house,
    how long before he pushs his crooked demoncrat political agenda on the rest of the country????
    left Chicago suburbs 26 years ago for God's Country, Colorado
    and only go back to visit and get my Chicago food fixin's a couple times a year. God I do miss my Italian Beefs and Viena Hot Dogs!!!!!!!!!!
    Glock 23
    Beretta 92fs
    Ruger Mark 3
    S&W 642
    Looking

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ImChad View Post
    Why would they side with citizens? They're making money on bans. the more crime they have the bigger the government can get there. Its all down to basic economics. The fact that it will reduce crime is why it won't happen.

It would be nice to be able to travel east or west for that matter from the great state of Indiana but thanks to Il and OH I can't go in either direction. We travel south and I refuse to spend a penny in either state as it sits. We don't even order online items from either state.

I can't understand why the citizens haven't demanded it anyhow. To me its not something to ask for, its something in my great state I wouldn't accept otherwise. Our constitution isn't something that gives us the right to own a firearm. Its a contract between the citizens of this great country and the government that says "we'll honor your right to own a sidearm if you promise not to revolt and throw us all out on our asses"

BTW, this isn't illegal talk. Its in our constitution and our founding fathers spoke of it often when righting the most important piece of literature in US history.
    Odd. I was on handgunlaw.us and it says that I an Ohio res. can carry in Indiana but you an Indiana resident cannot carry in Ohio. I would suggest getting a non-res KY permit and you will be good to go.

Sixto you live near the border any problems going to Indiana?
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Skokie area. Much happier here.

-Jeff-
    Small world. I grew up in Skokie. But I left in 1978. I wasn't into guns then. I left because of the weather.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Quote Originally Posted by denverbear View Post
    God I do miss my Italian Beefs and Viena Hot Dogs!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm with you on that one! Don't forget the pizza! Giordano's anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint
    Small world. I grew up in Skokie. But I left in 1978. I wasn't into guns then. I left because of the weather.
    The weather is much better where I'm at in Colorado too. The Chicagoland weather is nothing to be desired.

-Jeff-

I'm with you on that one! Don't forget the pizza! Giordano's anyone?

The weather is much better where I'm at in Colorado too. The Chicagoland weather is nothing to be desired.

-Jeff-
    so are you a Bear fan?????
    also there are a couple of joints in the Denver area to get some great Chi type food
    Last edited by denverbear; November 13th, 2008 at 02:31 PM. Reason: update
    Glock 23
    Beretta 92fs
    Ruger Mark 3
    S&W 642
    Looking

so are you a Bear fan?????
    also there are a couple of joints in the Denver area to get some great Chi type food
    Of course I am! Born and raised.

Believe it or not, I've only been down to Denver once. It was when I was still checking out the area, considering moving to the state. It was also when the convention was here and there was SWAT and police all over the place! You have an excellent ESPN zone in Denver though. The 16th Street Mall is a very interesting place as well. I'm located an hour north of Denver.

-Jeff-

Ahh...Ilinois, a criminals dream

Another X-Illinoisan here. We left 2 years ago....and haven't looked back!! I too was from northern, IL. Born and raised there. I swear Mayor Daley has been in power since I was a baby.

I miss Navy Pier. Of course Giordianos too. The simple courtesy of the mid west folk is also missed.

Though not a resident, we still have property and family there, so I still try to be active in the concealed carry issues there, as best as possible. I'm working on a draft letter to each member of the county board, about concealed carry now. Winnebago county voted it down, Ogle county voted for concealed carry. I'd like to do what I can to help out my old state. Poor, poor sheep.
    "Let me control the textbooks, and I will control the state." - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by bluedaisy View Post
    The simple courtesy of the mid west folk is also missed.
    Courtesy? You must have been a ways from the city, and Cook County for that matter. At least here in Colorado, the people are much more pleasant to deal with. Although Chicago as a city is pretty amazing, I most certainly don't miss working there (or the people).

-Jeff-

Of course I am! Born and raised.

Believe it or not, I've only been down to Denver once. It was when I was still checking out the area, considering moving to the state. It was also when the convention was here and there was SWAT and police all the place! You have an excellent ESPN zone in Denver though. The 16th Street Mall is a very interesting place as well. I'm located an hour north of Denver.

-Jeff-
    do you go here at all Chicago Bears Message Boards - Chicago Bears Football
    Glock 23
    Beretta 92fs
    Ruger Mark 3
    S&W 642
    Looking

Actually, I'm not on any forums that are sports related. No real reason why, but this one alone is enough to keep up with!

-Jeff-

yes, I was a little farther west....seems the farther west one goes, the nicer people are.
    "Let me control the textbooks, and I will control the state." - Adolf Hitler

Born and raised in Illinois (Charleston, Peoria, Macomb, CAFB, and SAFB). Got married and moved across the river. In a month or so, I'll have reciprocity in 38 states! -- That includes Ohio - for the poster who can't carry in Ohio, you might consider a Utah permit. Missouri is a gun friendly state (now)!
    If you rob Peter to pay Paul, you will undoubtedly have the support of Paul.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links