The S may HTF at work!

This is a discussion on The S may HTF at work! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I work in a suite with several attorneys, some of whom work together, most who are sole practitioners. We have 2 family law attorneys, both ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The S may HTF at work!

The S may HTF at work!

I work in a suite with several attorneys, some of whom work together, most who are sole practitioners. We have 2 family law attorneys, both women.

One of these 2 attorneys, I'll call S, had a female client. S did her divorce. Afterwards, the ex-husband shot and killed the client's new boyfriend. The ex-husband fled and hid on an indian reservation, since he has *some* indian blood, supposedly.

Now he's back, and making threats. S used to live with her daughter & family (who has 2 small kids), but now lives on her own. Murderer has painted threats on daughter's driveway.

At work, all our doors are now locked all the time (except the front door, in front of the receptionist's desk). I have to relieve the receptionist tomorrow, for her lunch, for an hour. Plus all the rest of the time, going and coming from the suite, elevators, garage, etc.

We don't know what the man looks like, only his race. We don't know whether he will come here or not, but if he can get S's (former) home address, he can get her work address.

The guy is crazy. My boss, some months back, told me not to carry at work.

Now I have a difficult decision to make.....

Wish us luck.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    I'd almost vote thats worth carrying for. Assuming your within legal rights in the building ,your life isn't worth it, IMHO. Hang in there, be safe,and wish you the best.

Personally, I'd talk to my boss about it. I'd tell him/her that I was uncomfortable not carrying, at least during the current situation. You could offer to stop carrying once the situation has been "resolved" in one way or another. If he/she can't understand that, then I don't know what I'd do. All I know is that my job isn't worth more than my life. Just my .02

-Jeff-

What is YOUR life worth?
    Just my 2 cents here FWIW
    I'd be very descrete in carrying tomorrow. (you can always find another position) Just remember LIBBY'S Restaurant in Texas. If one person there had been armed, the gunman would have been stopped, and many innocent victims would have been alive today.
    Good luck in whatever you decide, and stay safe
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Now I have a difficult decision to make.....
    Think about it bro.
    Think of the consequences of either choice. If you do carry at work, what's the worst that can happen to you? If you don't carry what's the worst thing that can happen?
    CW

To hell with the boss...will he hire a security detail to protect you singularly?
    If not then well what he doesn't know won't hurt him is my position.

As to this guy how can you not know what he looks like?
    He should still have an open murder case ongoing and as he went to flee justice by taking refuge amongst a reservation then the FBI should have been called into play, and they most definitely would know what he looks like aside from race alone.

Regardless my life is worth more than the words and feelings of some boss man fool.
    If he wants to fire me for defending myself from a murdered, after I deploy my side arm and survive, then well to heck with that job. There are plenty others in life and living where that came from.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Buy a tuckable holster, carry your gun and shut up about it.

If the SHTF and you are the last man standing, you can worry about your carrer at that point.

I'm sure your boss will send a nice flower arrangement to the funeral home where your body is being viewed. Your safety is up to Y-O-U and nobody else. Do what ya gotta do to stay safe.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    What good is it to have a secure job because you followed policy, if your dead because you could not defend yourself? Clearly this is not the best way to state things, but thats what I just thought about.

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    I would be carrying. The police should be able to give you guys a description.

I'd tell my boss I am carry to work. go from there. Im make my boss give me a dam good reason why you shouldn't carry, otherwise keep your door locked and let him deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ouch View Post
    I'd tell my boss I am carry to work. go from there. Im make my boss give me a dam good reason why you shouldn't carry, otherwise keep your door locked and let him deal with it.
    Wrong.

If you tell him to "deal with it" he will. You will be fired.

Keep your mouth shut, carry the gun and just make sure you are not found out.

Does your employer have any written work rules regarding employees carrying at work? Is the building and / or suite posted with the proper Section 30.06 signage?

If the answer's no on both, I'd be carring on a daily basis already. If yes on either, I'd probably take the chance & do it anyway.

Senior Moderator
    Shortly after Virginia tech there was a shooting threat at the building I worked at. It was an administration building for education and therefore not a school and by law I could carry there but it was certainly something that probably would have gotten me fired.

I had to ask myself the same question.. Is my job worth my life?

The guy had emailed saying that he was going to come into our building with a rifle and kill everyone he saw.

I carried. Discreetly, of course, but you couldn't pay me not to be armed.

I've never regretted that decision.

I continued to carry there until we moved.. no one ever knew.

VIP Member
    I'd carry if I were you. The only way they will ever know your carrying is if you have to use the gun to defend yourself. If that happens they will be glad you saved their worthless butts as well as your own. Whats the worst they can do, fire you? You were alive and looking for a job when they hired you, you would still be alive and looking for a job if TSHTF and they fired you over it.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links