Wife is getting CHL!

Wife is getting CHL!

This is a discussion on Wife is getting CHL! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My bride has never been big on having loaded weapons in the house and it has seemed would rather I had them unloaded and locked ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wife is getting CHL!

Wife is getting CHL!

My bride has never been big on having loaded weapons in the house and it has seemed would rather I had them unloaded and locked up when I was using them. A while back I had to go on a 2 week road trip and was going to take my Glock with me. It was with some trepidation that I brought out a S&W J frame and told her it was for while I was gone. She asked "Is it loaded?" and I figure here we go but when I confirmed that it was she said "So all I have to do is aim and shoot?" Yes.

When I came back she said she needed me to give her all the details on "Her" gun because one of her e-mail correspondents was interested. Then she asked when we could go to the range so she could shoot it. Whenever you want dear.

So I was thrilled. But then she went to a wedding of an old family friend's daughter and I couldn't go because I was on call. When she came back she said "Leah bought a pistol and is going to take her concealed handgun class. I didn't tell her I was going to take mine too." I said you are?

So today I get home and she said "Dorothy and I signed up to take our concealed handgun class." All I said was "would you like me to sit in with you?"

Now the question is, if I let her use my Glock to qualify will it still be mine or will it join the j-frame in her nightstand?
    -------------------------------------------
    "Lots of bullets means lots of chances to make use of expert marksmanship skills" --- Gecko45

"Some people ask: shoot to maim, or shoot to kill? I say, empty the chamber and let the good Lord decide." - Deputy Garcia (Reno 911)

Quote Originally Posted by rkhal View Post
    Now the question is, if I let her use my Glock to qualify will it still be mine or will it join the j-frame in her nightstand?

Whatever it takes. That's great to hear. Seem to be hearing a lot of these lately. The more, the better.

-Jeff-

Sounds like you will be buying more handguns!!!! Congrats.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

My bride has never been big on having loaded weapons in the house and it has seemed would rather I had them unloaded and locked up when I was using them. A while back I had to go on a 2 week road trip and was going to take my Glock with me. It was with some trepidation that I brought out a S&W J frame and told her it was for while I was gone. She asked "Is it loaded?" and I figure here we go but when I confirmed that it was she said "So all I have to do is aim and shoot?" Yes.

When I came back she said she needed me to give her all the details on "Her" gun because one of her e-mail correspondents was interested. Then she asked when we could go to the range so she could shoot it. Whenever you want dear.

So I was thrilled. But then she went to a wedding of an old family friend's daughter and I couldn't go because I was on call. When she came back she said "Leah bought a pistol and is going to take her concealed handgun class. I didn't tell her I was going to take mine too." I said you are?

So today I get home and she said "Dorothy and I signed up to take our concealed handgun class." All I said was "would you like me to sit in with you?"

What's hers is hers...what's yours is hers, too! (that's basically how it works...) Does that answer your queston?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    You've got your work cut out for you... and yes, the Glock will be hers AND she'll shoot better with it than you!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Yes, she probably will. Something about females' greater hand-eye coordination.

Heh.

[smug grin]
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

Ok, get ready ... you have just entered the "Gun-wife Zone". Next thing you know she will want to know when the next gun show is, should she carry .38's or .358's in her J-frame, when are you going to renew "our" NRA membership, did "my" copy of Guns & Ammo arrive today", and most of all "who's fingerprints are on "my" Glock."

It happened to me years ago, and I love it.
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

"I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

Congratulations! Still working on my spouse. I think I'm making progress! Keepin my fingers crossed.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Does it matter? I mean after all, you didn't buy the last Glock did you?

This just means you get to go gun shopping sometime in the near future.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

...Now the question is, if I let her use my Glock to qualify will it still be mine or will it join the j-frame in her nightstand?
    Guffaw, guffaw. Of course it will be her's but that's not a bad thing. You can legitimately go shopping and get that new 4th generation Glock for yourself!
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

Start shopping for a Glock, & suggest she should pick out her own, rather than adopt yours.

My hubby had a gun and I hated it years ago. He ended up selling it. Then about 4 1/2 years ago he took a job overseas and was gone most of the time. I decided we needed a gun again. He bought a Ruger P89 and took me to the range. He kept trying to get me to get a CCW permit (not terribly hard in NC) but I resisted quietly. Well, I went and got my own gun permits, bought a Glock 19, and took the CCH class and applied for the permit. :) I think I like it more than he does now. I go shooting almost every week- our range has "ladies days".

She will probably be more into it than you soon! lol And I LOVE the Glock. If she uses yours it's gone to her nightstand for sure.
    NRA, GOA, GRNC member
    "Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."
    - Aristotle

Senior Member Array Hydrashok Glock's Avatar
    I got lucky as well. The little lady was getting frustrated with school and asked me to take her out and shoot. She shot my 19 and 22lr conversion and even shot my buddies .357 and loved it. She is into scrapbooking and even kept the shells to make a "first" range page. Yah i sure do love that woman
    The choices you make today define you of who you are tommorow

When you see the light at the end of the tunnel your life is not over..... it is just about to begin

COPS Protective Services

Senior Moderator
    Congrats! I expect she'll be willing to share 'her' guns with you.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links